Jump to content

Just started the story again


Benjo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Second run through of story mode, this time searching out every single side mission and quest possible from camp. Already got a bit of nostalgia playing the first missions and it's only been a week or two. 

Anyone else thinking of doing it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I started over after feeling like I had missed some stuff.  Didn't want to miss anything.   WOW!  What a change.  1st time, had bounties ALL the time.  Couldn't go into towns without someone trying to shoot me or constantly getting ambushed riding from point A to point B.  2nd time through, playing much the same and poof!  Get to go anywhere I want and do what I want.  Both times I have did everything in the exact same order, with only one exception.  I did some treasure hunting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Well, I started over after feeling like I had missed some stuff.  Didn't want to miss anything.   WOW!  What a change.  1st time, had bounties ALL the time.  Couldn't go into towns without someone trying to shoot me or constantly getting ambushed riding from point A to point B.  2nd time through, playing much the same and poof!  Get to go anywhere I want and do what I want.  Both times I have did everything in the exact same order, with only one exception.  I did some treasure hunting. 

Definitely think bounties are toned down the more you play. I couldn't move without bounty hunters coming after me, now I can have a bounty and wander freely. Odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Benjo said:

Definitely think bounties are toned down the more you play. I couldn't move without bounty hunters coming after me, now I can have a bounty and wander freely. Odd.

See my son on his playthrough was experiencing that.  As where on my 1st playthrough, I did nothing and was always wanted.  He used to have to actually do something to earn a wanted level.  That is how it is on my 2nd playthrough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Benjo said:

Second run through of story mode, this time searching out every single side mission and quest possible from camp. Already got a bit of nostalgia playing the first missions and it's only been a week or two. 

Anyone else thinking of doing it?

I just got to chapter 3 so not there yet.  I know one thing for sure though, for my 2nd play-through I'm going full rogue assassin, everybody dies.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Poggy said:

I'm beginning to think that bounties are affected by progression and honor.  I've never had an issue, really - but I play super slow and careful.  49% completion, only on chapter 3.

I've been playing slow too, I'm on Chapter 3 around 47% but I do as much hunting and trapping as possible as I'm trying to unlock all the clothes and outfits the trapper sells.

I notice the bounties can get out of hand pretty quick if you take on the lawmen.

If I'm loaded up with multiple pelts and animals it seems like that's when I get attacked by raiders and wolves. Almost like I have more to lose by dying when I'm full.

I did have a boat load of 3 star pelts I was planning on taking back to the trapper to unlock some good stuff and a grizzly bear attacked me and whipped the piss outta me and I died. I lost all my pelts I was so frustrated I went back and shot the heck outta that bear (not sure if it was the same one) but tore him a new one with a shotgun. I wasn't even worried about his hide I just wanted to tear him a new one. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gigemaggs99 said:

If I'm loaded up with multiple pelts and animals it seems like that's when I get attacked by raiders and wolves. Almost like I have more to lose by dying when I'm full.

Always do a manual save after anything important happens. This has saved my ass more times than I care to admit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm taking it Real slooow 

Still in chapter 2, foraging for items to make poison arrows, fire arrow and explosive bullets. Upgraded the load I can carry from a trapper. Clean out every gun shop and general store of ammo and arrows. Note, 40 arrows max ? Grrr. Nbut, 300 rounds for the rifle ? ! Oh ya 😎💩

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Benjo said:

Second run through of story mode, this time searching out every single side mission and quest possible from camp. Already got a bit of nostalgia playing the first missions and it's only been a week or two. 

 Anyone else thinking of doing it?

I might do a second run. I miss the story already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DylBandit said:

Yeah I definitely will. I missed a lot of the side missions. 

I just did my first bounty and saw a cut scene that was in one of the trailers. That's why I restarted actually, because there were various bits in the trailers that I never encountered on my first run through. I've already seen two just by doing one extra side mission and making a different decision on another. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Benjo said:

I just did my first bounty and saw a cut scene that was in one of the trailers. That's why I restarted actually, because there were various bits in the trailers that I never encountered on my first run through. I've already seen two just by doing one extra side mission and making a different decision on another. 

Yeah, missed cut scenes, and I might attack the challenges for hunting and stuff like that. Maybe pick up a few trophies along the way as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benjo said:

I just did my first bounty and saw a cut scene that was in one of the trailers. That's why I restarted actually, because there were various bits in the trailers that I never encountered on my first run through. I've already seen two just by doing one extra side mission and making a different decision on another. 

Same here. I remember the cutscene in the trailer where they are breaking Arthur out of a jail, which I'm certain I never encountered in my play through. Anyone know what mission that was from? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, debbo89 said:

Same here. I remember the cutscene in the trailer where they are breaking Arthur out of a jail, which I'm certain I never encountered in my play through. Anyone know what mission that was from? 

It definitely wasn't part of the main story, probably a side mission. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...