Just started the story again

Benjo

Second run through of story mode, this time searching out every single side mission and quest possible from camp. Already got a bit of nostalgia playing the first missions and it's only been a week or two. 

Anyone else thinking of doing it?

• Like 1

Well, I started over after feeling like I had missed some stuff.  Didn't want to miss anything.   WOW!  What a change.  1st time, had bounties ALL the time.  Couldn't go into towns without someone trying to shoot me or constantly getting ambushed riding from point A to point B.  2nd time through, playing much the same and poof!  Get to go anywhere I want and do what I want.  Both times I have did everything in the exact same order, with only one exception.  I did some treasure hunting. 

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Well, I started over after feeling like I had missed some stuff.  Didn't want to miss anything.   WOW!  What a change.  1st time, had bounties ALL the time.  Couldn't go into towns without someone trying to shoot me or constantly getting ambushed riding from point A to point B.  2nd time through, playing much the same and poof!  Get to go anywhere I want and do what I want.  Both times I have did everything in the exact same order, with only one exception.  I did some treasure hunting. 

Definitely think bounties are toned down the more you play. I couldn't move without bounty hunters coming after me, now I can have a bounty and wander freely. Odd.

Just now, Benjo said:

Definitely think bounties are toned down the more you play. I couldn't move without bounty hunters coming after me, now I can have a bounty and wander freely. Odd.

See my son on his playthrough was experiencing that.  As where on my 1st playthrough, I did nothing and was always wanted.  He used to have to actually do something to earn a wanted level.  That is how it is on my 2nd playthrough.

3 hours ago, Benjo said:

Second run through of story mode, this time searching out every single side mission and quest possible from camp. Already got a bit of nostalgia playing the first missions and it's only been a week or two. 

I just got to chapter 3 so not there yet.  I know one thing for sure though, for my 2nd play-through I'm going full rogue assassin, everybody dies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poggy said:

I'm beginning to think that bounties are affected by progression and honor.  I've never had an issue, really - but I play super slow and careful.  49% completion, only on chapter 3.

I've been playing slow too, I'm on Chapter 3 around 47% but I do as much hunting and trapping as possible as I'm trying to unlock all the clothes and outfits the trapper sells.

I notice the bounties can get out of hand pretty quick if you take on the lawmen.

If I'm loaded up with multiple pelts and animals it seems like that's when I get attacked by raiders and wolves. Almost like I have more to lose by dying when I'm full.

I did have a boat load of 3 star pelts I was planning on taking back to the trapper to unlock some good stuff and a grizzly bear attacked me and whipped the piss outta me and I died. I lost all my pelts I was so frustrated I went back and shot the heck outta that bear (not sure if it was the same one) but tore him a new one with a shotgun. I wasn't even worried about his hide I just wanted to tear him a new one. LOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gigemaggs99 said:

If I'm loaded up with multiple pelts and animals it seems like that's when I get attacked by raiders and wolves. Almost like I have more to lose by dying when I'm full.

Always do a manual save after anything important happens. This has saved my ass more times than I care to admit.

• Like 2

I'm taking it Real slooow 

Still in chapter 2, foraging for items to make poison arrows, fire arrow and explosive bullets. Upgraded the load I can carry from a trapper. Clean out every gun shop and general store of ammo and arrows. Note, 40 arrows max ? Grrr. Nbut, 300 rounds for the rifle ? ! Oh ya 😎💩

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Benjo said:

I might do a second run. I miss the story already. 

Just now, DylBandit said:

Yeah I definitely will. I missed a lot of the side missions. 

I just did my first bounty and saw a cut scene that was in one of the trailers. That's why I restarted actually, because there were various bits in the trailers that I never encountered on my first run through. I've already seen two just by doing one extra side mission and making a different decision on another. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benjo said:

I just did my first bounty and saw a cut scene that was in one of the trailers. That's why I restarted actually, because there were various bits in the trailers that I never encountered on my first run through. I've already seen two just by doing one extra side mission and making a different decision on another. 

Yeah, missed cut scenes, and I might attack the challenges for hunting and stuff like that. Maybe pick up a few trophies along the way as well. 

1 hour ago, Benjo said:

Same here. I remember the cutscene in the trailer where they are breaking Arthur out of a jail, which I'm certain I never encountered in my play through. Anyone know what mission that was from? 

45 minutes ago, debbo89 said:

Same here. I remember the cutscene in the trailer where they are breaking Arthur out of a jail, which I'm certain I never encountered in my play through. Anyone know what mission that was from? 

It definitely wasn't part of the main story, probably a side mission.