Jump to content

How much John Marston will we see?


redscrew
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about this and talking with a friend. It has been rumored that he will be in the game but not as a playable character. Could this mean we play at the gang members who screw him over? Like what if we see what happened when John got out of it and play it through the eyes of the bad guys?

If this is the case... How much of John will actually be in the story?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, redscrew said:

I was thinking about this and talking with a friend. It has been rumored that he will be in the game but not as a playable character. Could this mean we play at the gang members who screw him over? Like what if we see what happened when John got out of it and play it through the eyes of the bad guys?

If this is the case... How much of John will actually be in the story?

I would say that we will likely see him in about 25% of the story if this is the case. He will like be there and saying/doing things but most of the time we will likely be playing as gang mates looking to screw him over. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2017 at 1:22 AM, Skrylaxx said:

I would like to think we will get a decent amount of him in the story. I still don't think he is a playable character but still. Just having him in the story in some way, shape, or form I will be happy.

Same here. The dude was such a cool character. I know a lot of people hated him being "morally just" but I found it refreshing for a Rockstar game. It is the reason LA Noire stuck out to me so much.

Edited by elmZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2017 at 7:35 PM, elmZ said:

Same here. The dude was such a cool character. I know a lot of people hated him being "morally just" but I found it refreshing for a Rockstar game. It is the reason LA Noire stuck out to me so much.

Yeah same here for the most part. I like playing as a somewhat evil character but John worked so well for the times. You can tell he had a dirty past without even being heavily invested in the story but his turn-around was nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It hasn't been said for certain he will not be a playable character so I think he may end up being one of three protags in the game. It would just make sense to have him be in it if we are going through the gang he used to be a part of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2017 at 11:07 AM, DiamondDave said:

It hasn't been said for certain he will not be a playable character so I think he may end up being one of three protags in the game. It would just make sense to have him be in it if we are going through the gang he used to be a part of. 

It would make sense but I am pretty sure they (someone at Rockstar) said it was a no-go as for John being a playable character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2017 at 1:30 AM, Skrylaxx said:

Yeah same here for the most part. I like playing as a somewhat evil character but John worked so well for the times. You can tell he had a dirty past without even being heavily invested in the story but his turn-around was nice. 

I always had a weak spot for a bad guy turned good so naturally got invested quite easily. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2017 at 8:33 PM, YellowDragon said:

I would say that we will likely see him in about 25% of the story if this is the case. He will like be there and saying/doing things but most of the time we will likely be playing as gang mates looking to screw him over. 

I would happily take that amount. I just don't want him to be a complete after thought. I need my Marston fix!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2017 at 0:55 AM, elmZ said:

I always had a weak spot for a bad guy turned good so naturally got invested quite easily. 

I have to say that I am normally not the type to like the "hero" in a game but rather enjoy playing the bad guy to a certain extent but John has a place in my heart...

cbf40e1a5d9eea9325c390aa366f3b60.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, CowBoii said:

A lot more than we are thinking here, I can tell you that. I just have a hunch. He will be in the main trio. 

If you hunch is correct, then I will give you a giant cookie. 

I mean there are so very few characters I like and connect with in video games, John was on of them. Him being a playable character in this game would give it an instant 10/10 for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...