Jump to content

Will the end result in a death?


bluntTR4P
 Share

Recommended Posts

Okay so this is something based ont he ending of GTA V. So hear me out a second...

Since you play as 3 characters and the end allows you to have one of the 3 die in GTA, you get to choose...

Do you think this will follow suite for RDR2? Like say we play as 3 lesser gang members with the choice to have one of them killed by say, John Marston himself. I think that would be very cool. I would love to see it happen. Like assuming this is all about Dutch's gang and the protags is the true deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope not. Maybe I am of the few who hated it, but I did not like the ending of GTA V at all. It made no sense to kill one of them off after investing so much into each character. That is the issue with playing three different stories. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2017 at 4:47 PM, GatoNegro said:

I hope not. Maybe I am of the few who hated it, but I did not like the ending of GTA V at all. It made no sense to kill one of them off after investing so much into each character. That is the issue with playing three different stories. 

I didn't hate it but I know what people didn't like it. It makes sense to not agree with it. I think that may have been the point of doing it? 

Either way, I can't see this happening in RDR2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ending in GTA V was fine for what it was. It was its own story. RDR2 is more than likely going to be a prequel so this is something that I really can't see happening. It has to blend into the story of the first one and the facts need to add up to make the story legit in the game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't like this. I didn't like it in GTA as I enjoyed all three characters. 

I feel like if they do something similar in RDR2 it would also not make much sense, as mentioned, this is likely going to be a prequel. I am not a fan of killing off any of the main characters in any game. I hate it in movies and shows too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2017 at 8:14 PM, watery buffalo said:

I wouldn't like this. I didn't like it in GTA as I enjoyed all three characters. 

I feel like if they do something similar in RDR2 it would also not make much sense, as mentioned, this is likely going to be a prequel. I am not a fan of killing off any of the main characters in any game. I hate it in movies and shows too.

Sometimes it does well in movies and the like to progress the story or make you really feel for what you just experienced. I had no issue with it in GTA and if they do something like this again, it won't bother me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah things like this can be great if the story line calls for it but I am usually not a fan of this in video games. Like killing off John never sat right with me entirely but they let you play him throughout 95% of the game so it didn't hurt as much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As mentioned it can be of value to the story and I can agree on that. I have seen it done enough times to appreciate it but I also seen it done poorly so I can understand why some people hate it. Again tho, it isn't going to happen in this one. John dying in the first one furthered the story. This is almost 100% likely going to be a prequel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, this is a prequel?  I was under the assumption that this was a sequel (RDR 2) with a completely new a character(s) and plot.

Anywho, I did like GTA V's choice at the end.  GTA has always involved free will and making choices.  RDR had a bit of that, too, with their Honor system.  I remember playing RDR and striving to achieve a more virtuous rank, but that was just a personal choice given Marston's past.  In GTA V, I chose to kill Madrazo and keep Franklin, Trevor and Michael alive because things aren't so black and white in GTA.  I ended up sympathizing with the protagonist criminals.  So the concept of good and evil is easily questionable in both GTA and RDR, as it can be in real life.

Having said that, I would enjoy a multiple choice ending to RDR2.  There's always something to be learned from the decisions you make.  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, X S said:

Wait, this is a prequel?  I was under the assumption that this was a sequel (RDR 2) with a completely new a character(s) and plot.

Anywho, I did like GTA V's choice at the end.  GTA has always involved free will and making choices.  RDR had a bit of that, too, with their Honor system.  I remember playing RDR and striving to achieve a more virtuous rank, but that was just a personal choice given Marston's past.  In GTA V, I chose to kill Madrazo and keep Franklin, Trevor and Michael alive because things aren't so black and white in GTA.  I ended up sympathizing with the protagonist criminals.  So the concept of good and evil is easily questionable in both GTA and RDR, as it can be in real life.

Having said that, I would enjoy a multiple choice ending to RDR2.  There's always something to be learned from the decisions you make.  ;)

I have heard it both ways. Some people think this will take place during John's life or after he has died but others feel it will lead up to his story. It is clearly dated back. I am not sure if it is the 1800's or 1900's. Have you looked closely that the screen shots? It is hard to tell for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...