Jump to content

Can't spend Gold Bricks?


YodaMan 3D
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HooverRAD said:

Try pressing the left trigger when trying to purchase stuff. That should change the currency to gold bars, and then just buy stuff. 

Been there, done that.  Got ignored just the same.  In the past when I didn't have the gold bricks it at least had the LT option.  Now it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea.  It works fine for me.  

Are you ordering from the catalogue or the stores?  I purchased my cross draw holster with gold (from the catalogue IIRC) and some weapon upgrades at a store, a coat and a couple other things.

What exactly are you trying to buy?  Some things will still be locked out by level and not all things can be purchased using gold I believe.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

No idea.  It works fine for me.  

Are you ordering from the catalogue or the stores?  I purchased my cross draw holster with gold (from the catalogue IIRC) and some weapon upgrades at a store, a coat and a couple other things.

What exactly are you trying to buy?  Some things will still be locked out by level and not all things can be purchased using gold I believe.  

I have tried both, catalog and the stores/stable.  It doesn't give me the option to use the gold at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They changed which items will allow you to purchase with gold before the appropriate level when they turned on the gold bar system.  Things like weapons, ammo, horses and pamphlets all got the gold option taken away, unless you are of appropriate rank.  They did this to appease all of the folks complaining about a pay to win paradigm. 

So, essentially if it contributes to your combat effectiveness, it is no longer able to be bought with gold unless you have also achieved the appropriate rank.   

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Madrigalian said:

They changed which items will allow you to purchase with gold before the appropriate level when they turned on the gold bar system.  Things like weapons, ammo, horses and pamphlets all got the gold option taken away, unless you are of appropriate rank.  They did this to appease all of the folks complaining about a pay to win paradigm. 

So, essentially if it contributes to your combat effectiveness, it is no longer able to be bought with gold unless you have also achieved the appropriate rank.   

So all of those that maxed their Gold will have that advantage, while those of us who didn't get there in time are just SOL.  Well, guess that means I'm done with online then.  Last night I was fishing had a player ride up on the black Arabian.  Immediately, exited out of the fishing animations.  He was standing there with his rope ready, when I drew my gun and shot at him.  He hopped on his horse, I called mine over to give chase and he just took off and I wasn't able to keep up.  Been waiting for the Arabian horse for just those situations.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think removing the ability to circumvent the level system is a good idea. Would you want a level 6 player, who got gold for Christmas, sniping the hell outta you with a Rolling Block again, and again and again... Na, me either. 

It makes levelling up a thing that seems worth doing. As it stood, there was no real point to it if you had more money than sense. Does it suck that I can't buy that leather duster I had my eye on? Sure, but it's gonna be that much sweeter when I get to the appropriate level, and am able to slip my arms into that magnificent looking coat. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree although for OP it may be a let-off. It is good that you need to level up before being able to buy with gold bars. Please remember that it gives you the benefit of not having to grind ingame cash or gold now that you can acquire gold through spending real life money. Also do not forget that you basically received 5 gold, then 20 and again 15 from Rockstar for playing from the start.

I am not sure how much time you spent on the game, but untill now it has only been about grinding xp / cash and gold and in the end this will continue. The guy with the Arabian has done this as he must have been level 70 or grinded lots of gold bars in pvp meaning most likely he already is quite a high level as well before he could acquire the gold to get it (48 gb - 40 is still 8gb of grinding).

I bought the big package of gold and used it on some gun upgrades / fox trotter / clothes / tent / fast travel and camp looks along with a saddle upgrade. All because I wanted to use my hard earned grind dollars on ability card upgrades which you cannot buy with gold. All these items I had to be the appropriate level for in order to acquire them and besides the obvious benefit of having the ability to more efficiently use the cash there is no real benefit I have towards other players by doing this. I still need to be the level to obtain the item.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HooverRAD said:

I think removing the ability to circumvent the level system is a good idea. Would you want a level 6 player, who got gold for Christmas, sniping the hell outta you with a Rolling Block again, and again and again... Na, me either. 

It makes levelling up a thing that seems worth doing. As it stood, there was no real point to it if you had more money than sense. Does it suck that I can't buy that leather duster I had my eye on? Sure, but it's gonna be that much sweeter when I get to the appropriate level, and am able to slip my arms into that magnificent looking coat. 

No I don't, but then again I don't want some one who beat me to a undecided deadline to be sniping me either.  So now that I am I have earned the money to help catch the griefers that have already take advantage of this.  Now they have an even bigger advantage, cause I can't even the playing field.  I am ok with that, if Rockstar gets off their butts and install an anti-griefing software.  That probably won't be till after the New Year.  Then again, maybe I will get lucky and get on a griefless server.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

I agree although for OP it may be a let-off. It is good that you need to level up before being able to buy with gold bars. Please remember that it gives you the benefit of not having to grind ingame cash or gold now that you can acquire gold through spending real life money. Also do not forget that you basically received 5 gold, then 20 and again 15 from Rockstar for playing from the start.

I am not sure how much time you spent on the game, but untill now it has only been about grinding xp / cash and gold and in the end this will continue. The guy with the Arabian has done this as he must have been level 70 or grinded lots of gold bars in pvp meaning most likely he already is quite a high level as well before he could acquire the gold to get it (48 gb - 40 is still 8gb of grinding).

I bought the big package of gold and used it on some gun upgrades / fox trotter / clothes / tent / fast travel and camp looks along with a saddle upgrade. All because I wanted to use my hard earned grind dollars on ability card upgrades which you cannot buy with gold. All these items I had to be the appropriate level for in order to acquire them and besides the obvious benefit of having the ability to more efficiently use the cash there is no real benefit I have towards other players by doing this. I still need to be the level to obtain the item.

Or maybe he didn't level up and upgraded with gold and real cash before the deadline.  Now there is no way for me to even the playing field.  I have earned guns, not concerned there, but as of right now.  Recently got griefed by a player that I couldn't catch his horse, he had the Arabian.  So for those who have that advantage now can grief, knowing even though they are only a few levels higher or lower has an extra advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

No I don't, but then again I don't want some one who beat me to a undecided deadline to be sniping me either.  So now that I am I have earned the money to help catch the griefers that have already take advantage of this.  Now they have an even bigger advantage, cause I can't even the playing field.  I am ok with that, if Rockstar gets off their butts and install an anti-griefing software.  That probably won't be till after the New Year.  Then again, maybe I will get lucky and get on a griefless server.  

I like the whole Parley thing they've got going on. Sure, it would benefit from being lowered a little, but it does stop griefers for at least 10 mins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Or maybe he didn't level up and upgraded with gold and real cash before the deadline.  Now there is no way for me to even the playing field.  I have earned guns, not concerned there, but as of right now.  Recently got griefed by a player that I couldn't catch his horse, he had the Arabian.  So for those who have that advantage now can grief, knowing even though they are only a few levels higher or lower has an extra advantage.

As soon as the store went online they removed the unlocked gold bar purchases - I checked at that time as I had around 50 gold bars and could not buy the Arabian. Thank god I didn't as the Fox Trotter feels better and is faster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

As soon as the store went online they removed the unlocked gold bar purchases - I checked at that time as I had around 50 gold bars and could not buy the Arabian. Thank god I didn't as the Fox Trotter feels better and is faster.

Maybe that is the route I should go in.  Thanks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2018 at 4:25 PM, Madrigalian said:

They changed which items will allow you to purchase with gold before the appropriate level when they turned on the gold bar system.

When the heck did this happen!? Why do they change stuff like this and not tell any of us about it? Or did they and I didn't see the update on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...