Jump to content

Online stalking cheat?


RON
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I wanted to vent a bit here and ask if this is something happening to anyone else. Happened to me 3 times now.

I join a server and a single player or maybe a small group just finds me and precedes to kill me for no reason. I spawn back in and within a few minutes they are right back by me and do it again. This happened 9 times the first time before I just gave up and shut the game off. I didn't have it happen for a few days after that and then I joined a server some odd days later and it started again.

Is there some kind of cheat allowing players to target others and kill them over and over again or something? 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People respawn pretty close to where they died, and appear on the map as a red dot.  It's easy to find people who've just killed you, or you've just killed.  Many griefers like to kill multiple times or in humiliating ways, or do other douchbag stuff.

But If it is happening a cross servers/sessions then that is something really weird and worrying.  Is there a way to join your game just based of knowing your username?  Are your settings such that they allow anyone to join your game or something?

Edited by Poggy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you notice any Parley options come up? I thought the most a single player could kill you was X3 before you had the option to parley, though I admit I don't know how that works with posses. Anyone know? Does the Duel/Parley option appear if you are killed successively by different posse members, or can a posse take turns killing someone to avoid this?

I still find posses a mystery, I feel a headset is essential. Only one way to solve that mystery I suppose...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RON said:

So I wanted to vent a bit here and ask if this is something happening to anyone else. Happened to me 3 times now.

I join a server and a single player or maybe a small group just finds me and precedes to kill me for no reason. I spawn back in and within a few minutes they are right back by me and do it again. This happened 9 times the first time before I just gave up and shut the game off. I didn't have it happen for a few days after that and then I joined a server some odd days later and it started again.

Is there some kind of cheat allowing players to target others and kill them over and over again or something? 

Yea, like others said, this is caused by the close respawn points. This could be avoided if they gave us an option to spawn in our camps after death. They need to sort out where Cripps sets up camp first. As it is now you could be in Tumbleweed, die and spawn in San Andreas where Cripps set up camp.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Poggy said:

Camp spawn is a good idea, or maybe other safe zones - like a church or sheriffs office.

Yea, the more spots the better and let us choose which one each time. Maybe even add a distance from current location so if we are trying to avoid a toolbag, we can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I think a good way to solve this problem would be to have a  A.I. Posse  run you down for 30 minutes after you kill another player for no apparent reason. If you survive the posse then nothing happens but if you get caught and killed by the posse you would lose 10 XP points this would discourage unnecessary killing . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, RON said:

So I wanted to vent a bit here and ask if this is something happening to anyone else. Happened to me 3 times now.

I join a server and a single player or maybe a small group just finds me and precedes to kill me for no reason. I spawn back in and within a few minutes they are right back by me and do it again. This happened 9 times the first time before I just gave up and shut the game off. I didn't have it happen for a few days after that and then I joined a server some odd days later and it started again.

Is there some kind of cheat allowing players to target others and kill them over and over again or something? 

If you know someone's GT, you can search for them and then join their games, once you are on the same server you can set there and stalk them to death.  I saw it being done on another game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

If you know someone's GT, you can search for them and then join their games, once you are on the same server you can set there and stalk them to death.  I saw it being done on another game.

Yup, I do this to people who troll me.  We  followed one troll from  7  sessions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Poggy said:

They can take turns to avoid it, which makes it fairly useless.  A posse of 3 can kill you 9 times.  A pose of 7 ... :(

This really pissed me off when I found out about it. I had a group of 4 players harassing me and my younger brother when we were playing. They did exactly this. There has to be a better way around this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Yes this happened to me. I am a lone player, and was attacked by a posse of about a dozen people, they even managed to shoot me while I was in my camp using some kind of exploit. I log on and despite having blocked several members of this posse it seems that there are far more people involved in this and have been surrounding me and following me from lobby to lobby. I have been playing this game for 3 years and have never experienced something this toxic. It is borderline harrasment at this point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2018 at 2:02 AM, RON said:

So I wanted to vent a bit here and ask if this is something happening to anyone else. Happened to me 3 times now.

I join a server and a single player or maybe a small group just finds me and precedes to kill me for no reason. I spawn back in and within a few minutes they are right back by me and do it again. This happened 9 times the first time before I just gave up and shut the game off. I didn't have it happen for a few days after that and then I joined a server some odd days later and it started again.

Is there some kind of cheat allowing players to target others and kill them over and over again or something? 

Hey there !

I came back to the game after a long absence and played over the weekend before the Outlaw pass No. 4 finished on the 16th of march. I grinded all weekend bcoz i wanted to get the carabine ammo bag upgrade ( i didnt know at that time that it only includes normal ammo - sux) and got to lvl 62 in two days. I was attacked by some posse of players but i ignored them bcoz i didnt want to waste time on skirmishing with them. After one of them  killed me 2 or three times with Carcano i changed session and joined my camp from the menu. After i spawned in my camp the guy that shot me spawned near me in my camp and started to make emotes.  So yeah - there are cheats in console online mode. Then a friend of mine told me about the CronusMAX cheat for consoles and PC. PPL use it and it works. Sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 6:31 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hey there !

I came back to the game after a long absence and played over the weekend before the Outlaw pass No. 4 finished on the 16th of march. I grinded all weekend bcoz i wanted to get the carabine ammo bag upgrade ( i didnt know at that time that it only includes normal ammo - sux) and got to lvl 62 in two days. I was attacked by some posse of players but i ignored them bcoz i didnt want to waste time on skirmishing with them. After one of them  killed me 2 or three times with Carcano i changed session and joined my camp from the menu. After i spawned in my camp the guy that shot me spawned near me in my camp and started to make emotes.  So yeah - there are cheats in console online mode. Then a friend of mine told me about the CronusMAX cheat for consoles and PC. PPL use it and it works. Sad.

Welcome back!. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 4:31 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hey there !

I came back to the game after a long absence and played over the weekend before the Outlaw pass No. 4 finished on the 16th of march. I grinded all weekend bcoz i wanted to get the carabine ammo bag upgrade ( i didnt know at that time that it only includes normal ammo - sux) and got to lvl 62 in two days. I was attacked by some posse of players but i ignored them bcoz i didnt want to waste time on skirmishing with them. After one of them  killed me 2 or three times with Carcano i changed session and joined my camp from the menu. After i spawned in my camp the guy that shot me spawned near me in my camp and started to make emotes.  So yeah - there are cheats in console online mode. Then a friend of mine told me about the CronusMAX cheat for consoles and PC. PPL use it and it works. Sad.

This isn't a cheat or an exploit, it's built into the game & it's always been there. If you share content with another player of any kind (do the same mission, initiate or receive a player bounty, do a showdown, etc.) then both/all players will be placed on each other's 'Recent Player' list and you can join on them in whatever lobby they are in. It works both ways: you can join on them in their lobby as well. The "fix" to this is to shut down the app completely, it will clear your recent player list and take you off of theirs. Some say turning Social Matching off combats this but I don't think it does, there have certainly been times I was followed to another lobby when I had matching off.

Killing someone in their camp isn't a cheat either, it's just something that can be done in certain situations because the game is still broken. I guess you can call it an exploit but unfortunately this is one of many annoyances that Rockstar just won't fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...