STLSnuffy

STLSnuffy

Some players did not own the 360 game.  The settings were private session (no pink the world is yours)  Hard Core (all allowed all voluntary, troll against toll.  Normal (You take your chances). Friendly free roam (Can't kill other players, they liked to shoot horse!)  + Mexico, miss that one.  If it was done before, why not now, all get a game they like?

• Like 1

I think the reason they wanted it as open as possible is to get all angles of testing done and out the way first. I think they will end up releasing more things for the game that are closer to what you mentioned OP in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, STLSnuffy said:

Some players did not own the 360 game.  The settings were private session (no pink the world is yours)  Hard Core (all allowed all voluntary, troll against toll.  Normal (You take your chances). Friendly free roam (Can't kill other players, they liked to shoot horse!)  + Mexico, miss that one.  If it was done before, why not now, all get a game they like?

I don't know exactly is coming, but yeah I missed those options as well.  Unfortunately, I don't remember private sessions back then and many don't want to share the map with other PvE players.  So though, the PvE vs PvP servers would fix everything in my opinion.  It really comes down to how does Rockstar appease the masses, without breaking the bank and losing their profit.

Separate servers would ruin the game. IMO. Just remove the minimap (dots) so griefers cant track you down is all that needed. Hunting is supspensful when I see a pink dot nearby just because I don't know their intenstions. Sometimes the wave and ride on by, sometimes I fire a warning sh*t to let them know it'll go down if they try me and sometimes it a battle...getting attacked by someone when hauling a lot of valuable pelts happened.

5 minutes ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

Separate servers would ruin the game. IMO. Just remove the minimap (dots) so griefers cant track you down is all that needed. Hunting is supspensful when I see a pink dot nearby just because I don't know their intenstions. Sometimes the wave and ride on by, sometimes I fire a warning sh*t to let them know it'll go down if they try me and sometimes it a battle...getting attacked by someone when hauling a lot of valuable pelts happened.

I don't understand how it could ruin it.  Those things you mentioned should, could and would still happen.    You would be in the same boat, where the player you encounter, you won't know what they wanted.  It's not like every player in the game would quit playing the PvEvP mode.  Those who enjoy the game and prefer the PvE parts of the game just won't be there.   Now if you like PvP part of them game, wouldn't you rather face a challenge over a player who will let you kill them and leave the server or the game?

Think of it this way, how many players have you encountered that played the beta in the 1st week and quit after they got the taste of what the game is like and waiting for the final release.  Have you seen them since?  Not if they quit and waiting for the final release.  So them not being there hasn't changed your game at all.  I don't think  you can even remember every player you encountered, so you don't even know who you are missing.  

So having different servers, won't affect you unless you like to grief and avoid PvP all together.

21 hours ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

21 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I don't understand how it could ruin it.  Those things you mentioned should, could and would still happen.    You would be in the same boat, where the player you encounter, you won't know what they wanted.  It's not like every player in the game would quit playing the PvEvP mode.  Those who enjoy the game and prefer the PvE parts of the game just won't be there.   Now if you like PvP part of them game, wouldn't you rather face a challenge over a player who will let you kill them and leave the server or the game?

Think of it this way, how many players have you encountered that played the beta in the 1st week and quit after they got the taste of what the game is like and waiting for the final release.  Have you seen them since?  Not if they quit and waiting for the final release.  So them not being there hasn't changed your game at all.  I don't think  you can even remember every player you encountered, so you don't even know who you are missing.  

So having different servers, won't affect you unless you like to grief and avoid PvP all together.

It would be ruined because the option to shoot people in the back  while they are fishing, hunting and exploring wouldn't be there. Everyone knows it's no fun to shoot people who are prepared for a fight and  looking to do the same thing to you....lol

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, madfretter said:

It would be ruined because the option to shoot people in the back  while they are fishing, hunting and exploring wouldn't be there. Everyone knows it's no fun to shoot people who are prepared for a fight and  looking to do the same thing to you....lol

Joking or not, there really are players out there that can't PvP.  If they can't shoot a player in the back and run off, then they can't play.  They are also the types that start something in freeroam, soon as you seem able to defend yourself.  They go and get as many of their friends as they can.  You find yourself face numbers that you just can't beat and then they get offended when you call them out on that.

MP in RDR, I didn't always win, but if someone griefed me.  I would keep going after them till they would get exhausted of seeing me come at them non-stop.  I realized to a point that was no better then what they was doing and started joining forums asking why players did what they did and grief others.  I always got excuses, but usually it came down to it being my fault for them being creeps and they felt they was doing me a favor.  Where apparently, I was just being mean.  Which I never understood.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, RED_DEADMAN said:

I would expand on this and do the following;  Tie your morality score directly to PvP interactions only.  No score change, up or down, for killing NPCs, hunting, skinning, fishing etc.  The only exception being story mode missions where your choices make a discern able difference in the story outcome.  Maybe include a morality bonus for resuscitating a fallen comrade.  This would allow those with a lower score to raise their morality back through PvE cooperative missions. Additionally, there would be no reduction in morality for PvP inside of an event where pvp is mutually consented to when you choose to participate in the event.  

However, killing another player outside of clearly defined PvP event results in an immediate reduction in morality.  Those with a low morality pay higher prices in the stores, have less friendly and amiable relations with the locals and (most importantly) remain identified on the mini map with a pink dot.  Higher morality characters are not shown on the minimap.  This allows those who want to engage in free roam pvp to hunt each other down on the mini map and further allows the remaining players to easily identify the "morality" of the other players they encounter, from a distance.  Pink dot players are avoided, and otherwise when you encounter another player in the game who was not highlighted on your mini map you have a relatively safe assumption that they are not a griefer. 

Moreover, if you have a high morality, you too can engage in hunting down griefers you see on the map, so long as you are careful not to kill so many as to have your own morality score reduced to the point of negative morality and end up on the wrong side of the equation yourself.  

Obviously this would require careful balancing of morality rewards and losses.  But it seems perfectly doable to me.  

Edited by Madrigalian
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind actual PvE servers. They already have the option to turn off friendly fire between posse members, not sure how hard it would be to turn it off server-wide.  The map is big enough that the limited amount of players per free roam server wont get in my way, there are always other places to hunt, and seeing the occasional player go by would help immerse me into the game.

Mexico should be coming. I forget if the glitch was online or in story mode, but someone found a glitch to get into Mexico and most of it was the same graphics from the original game (they just used what was already made for a backdrop), but there was one small town or something of Mexico that already had updated graphics.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, YodaMan 3D said:

Joking or not, there really are players out there that can't PvP.  If they can't shoot a player in the back and run off, then they can't play.  They are also the types that start something in freeroam, soon as you seem able to defend yourself.  They go and get as many of their friends as they can.  You find yourself face numbers that you just can't beat and then they get offended when you call them out on that.

MP in RDR, I didn't always win, but if someone griefed me.  I would keep going after them till they would get exhausted of seeing me come at them non-stop.  I realized to a point that was no better then what they was doing and started joining forums asking why players did what they did and grief others.  I always got excuses, but usually it came down to it being my fault for them being creeps and they felt they was doing me a favor.  Where apparently, I was just being mean.  Which I never understood.

Yea, not really joking, that pretty much describes the trolls  on RDR. And you are 100% correct, some people can't PVP and that's why we need private lobbies with more NPCS in them.  We were hunting last night and came up on a hideout, so we cleared it.  As we were looting, someone shoots us and then runs off, doesn't even bother to  loot the bodies  because they did it just to be a tool.  Because of  their toolness?  we lost our pelts. They left the lobby, so I followed them into new lobbies and tormented them until they logged off. I just want to hunt and fish in peace.

What if you could toggle 'shoot other players' on and off, i.e. a hostile mode?.  If you toggle hostile on, your dot on the map instantly goes red, but there is a 1 minute lag before you can shoot anyone.

If you are toggled off you show as pink, and you can only shoot hostile players, or alternatively only people who have already shot you (who would have to be hostile anyway).  

If one person in a posse is hostile, everyone has to be.

That way, you know the intentions of other people on the map.  If those intentions change, you have a minute to get the hell out of there.  No more random shot in the back of the head, but not a completely safe, sanitised version of the Wild West either.

Couple that with some points from Madrigalian's post above, e.g. below a certain honour level you are an 'outlaw' and can't be anything but hostile; shops won't serve you, or will charge you more; bounty hunters spawn to chase you etc.

I like the idea of outlaws having bounties on them, but can't see a perfect way to stop this being exploited - grief until you are a major league outlaw, then let your friend kill you/take you in for the reward.  Maybe if some of the bounty was paid out of your own funds?  Like the $2 fine for being killed by the law, but proportionate to the bounty - enough to make it unattractive to be repeatedly killed, and don't let outlaws collect bounties themselves. 

This way, there servers would police themselves from griefers.  If you really wanted to live the outlaw life, you still could, but there is an incentive for bounty hunters to get up a posse and hunt you down.