Are we playing different games?

cory206

I assume, though I'm no expert, from the languages and accents I hear, and the activity levels over 24-hours, that I'm playing on RDR2 European servers. Are others here playing on American or Asian servers and is there a difference in how people play and the griefing experience? I wonder if there's cultural stuff involved?

I don't think it's a culture thing, it's more of some people wanting to make this into a battlefield 5/fps game. Some just cannot appreciate  a multiplayer game that does not involve killing every other player they see. Older players like myself sometimes just like to slow down and appreciate all aspects of a game, seeing that there was a lot of time and energy placed into making it.

• Haha 1

I believe by default I am stuck on American servers but I have played on others with friends overseas. I don't notice a difference. There are trolls all over the world. American has a large population so it is more common to see them I guess. 

I do not think "you" are on region specific servers. It more or less depends on your timeframe of playing. I am on GMT+1 Europe. If I go early in the morning I very frequently join in a lobby with a lot of Arabian players. If I go very late (night) I am more likely to be in a lobby with US players. During daytime and in the evening I usually join a lobby with EU and UK people. It might also be influenced if you have social matchmaking on - if so it is more likely it drops you in a lobby with people you befriended online.

You change servers everytime you go to your online options and pick an option there.

Edited by Euphoric77

I'm pretty sure the servers are regional, I've been playing at all points in 24/7 recently. The numbers active don't change in Free Roam, missions or Showdowns, but there is a marked variation in Races, much bigger fields during the day, falling away to fields of even three or less by the early hours. This is what makes me think it's European only, Also, in weeks of playing I've only come across a couple of North Americans and no South or East Asians, no Australians, no South Americans. I know not everyone broadcasts, but those areas aren't exactly known for quiet people.

To be clearer, of course I know we're all playing the same game, it has the same options for behaviour and the same guns. I'm sure what's being discussed (griefing behaviour) happens all over. I do wonder about how prevalent it is though.

I've also been wondering whether the amount of audio communication people use makes a difference. If we don't communicate, we only have very limited information on what other players are doing, and why, and we need to be aware of that. And maybe encourage more of it, cos maybe that will remind people that we're not just bunches of pixels...

The whole session thing seems strongly depending on matchmaking based on your honor. At least according to observations we had within our (Socialclub) crew, which is a pretty organized one.

Some of us where honorable and others dishonorable. Let's say you join a session with 100% honor. It is highly likely that 4 out of 6 active posses are honorable unlike to joining with low honor where it might be that 6 out of 6 are dishonorable.

When joining a pretty honorable session, you'll end up with people greeting you, sending invites to posses and such. When joining to dishonorable session, you'll end up being shot in allot of instances.

• Like 1

I think it is regional to a point, cause when I login and see many of they same griefers time and time again.  What is wierd is in the mornings I see more griefers online and at night very few.  

As far it being a culture thing?  I look at it as a mentality thing.  In PvP, I see most players regardless of game using the same techniques.  If you get on a server that has people just run around killing each other.  You get one game experience, while someone else may get on a server where everyone runs around helping each other, hunting, fishing, missions.  So like I said, mornings I play looking to kill griefers or trying to avoid them.  At night, I find myself trying to help others and complete tasks like hunting or fishing.