help! (mainly registered to ask this question).

jasngii

Question

I’ve been playing red dead online for the past few days now and have wanted an arabian horse desperately as my horse is TERRIBLE, so i’ve gone out of my way to buy gold (now 51) of it, and tried to buy the arabian but realised you have to be rank 70, however, my friends have since said you can do a “buy it now with gold” which they’ve shown me on their end. But this won’t come up for me and I don’t  know why? Please help (i’m level 14 btw).

13 answers to this question

5 hours ago, jasngii said:

I’ve been playing red dead online for the past few days now and have wanted an arabian horse desperately as my horse is TERRIBLE, so i’ve gone out of my way to buy gold (now 51) of it, and tried to buy the arabian but realised you have to be rank 70, however, my friends have since said you can do a “buy it now with gold” which they’ve shown me on their end. But this won’t come up for me and I don’t  know why? Please help (i’m level 14 btw).

Get a work horse for now, tons of stamina. The key is the saddle and stirrups. The better the saddle and stirrup perks. The better the performance of the horse.  

PS4, the Arabian was part of the DLC, I have been told.  For Xbox and PS4 in the early part of the Beta if you accrued enough gold, you could shortcut and buy several things early with gold.  Then they released the Gold Store and after that update, some of the thing you used to be able to get now you have match the level and buy it with gold and or gold.  I was after the the Arabian myself didn't get enough till after that update and I couldn't do it anymore.  

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

PS4, the Arabian was part of the DLC, I have been told.  For Xbox and PS4 in the early part of the Beta if you accrued enough gold, you could shortcut and buy several things early with gold.  Then they released the Gold Store and after that update, some of the thing you used to be able to get now you have match the level and buy it with gold and or gold.  I was after the the Arabian myself didn't get enough till after that update and I couldn't do it anymore.  

Yeah, we PS4 players were given a red chestnut Arabian for free. It has slightly worse stats than the other arabians. Still, it's a very good horse despite the fact that it's a coward and gets spooked very easily.

21 hours ago, DLKnives said:

I'm just learning today that stirrups have perks. I never knew that and thought they were a waste of money!

They do?? What perks? I could have sworn that was just cosmetic or something. Hot damn, I need to start paying more attention to what I can buy and what I should hold on to lol

8 hours ago, jACKx said:

They do?? What perks? I could have sworn that was just cosmetic or something. Hot damn, I need to start paying more attention to what I can buy and what I should hold on to lol

Speed and accelaration, as well as stamina / health core drain of horse.

• Like 1

Are other people's stirrups working?

I have the 15% reduction to drain rate ones, but when I go into player and look at my horse, it says they are equipped, but shows 0 drain rate effect.

I assumed it was a beta thing, like the improved saddlebags not working either.

@jACKx I found out in the story game early on about saddles and stirrups. They each add speed! Despite all my grinding my initial horse, Yancy, is as fast as a three-wheeled skateboard. But he's grown on me despite a little gunshy-ness. Upgraded Gerden Vaquero saddle is BEST, and hooded stirrups as said previously. 

Edited by Major Dammidge
Omitted word
  • Like 1