how to pass down all your money from arthur to john

leikoqin

how to pass down all your money from arthur to john:since john will get his satchel, i tried buying 99 of all items and that did not work. john only get several ,  not 99, the ginseng elixir got passed down though, all remaining 6,

the correct way to pass down money is to :  

go to the bro and sis pig farm, drink and get urself robbed, then visit the house as john and reclaim all your money behind the painting !!! lol 

• Haha 1

Another idea is to let John do most of the treasure maps. It’s tempting to let Arthur do them, but he really doesn’t need a huge amount of cash (just weapons and one or two good horses, and many of those come for free). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

Damn. I kind of want to try this LOL

I think I might have a save where I can go back before you are John in the story. This is a genius move if it indeed does work. I would have never thought to do it!

i like experienmeting. i tried and it works, :D. i am also trying to go back to guarma, i tried using the camp canoe, it sinked, i tried hijacking a larger boat, it also sinked in the middle of the ocean. i tried riding a horse there, but it ran out of stamina and shook me off to drown(btw the infinite stamina cheat did not work with john in water). 

I just spent everything I had as Arthur on saddles I liked, clothing, and other stuff that would carry over to John just before starting Arthur's last mission, so it wasn't as if it was all just totally lost. Granted, this was my second playthrough where I knew what was going to happen. The first time, I lost around 3K when Arthur died.

Ultimately, it isn't that difficult to regain what you lost. When you know their locations, raiding gang hideouts and camps can net you a lot of loot pretty quick (I had accumulated about $1,400 after a few hours). Then there are the treasure hunts that will net you upwards of $5,000 altogether if you left them all for John. There's also a couple of gold bars worth $500 each that can be found inside a wrecked train car below one of the rail bridges in Ambarino (I forget which one exactly). And this isn't even counting the Blackwater money that you get at the end of American Venom.

I've got around $10,000 and Im in the middle of chapter 4, I am going to try this.

After spending about $3000 on horses, clothes, weapons upgrades, etc.. I really dont have any need for cash and ive got just under $10k

This is my third play through, in my previous play through's I never went to the Aberdeen Pig Farm, I knew what was going to happen, but I never had an organic opportunity to go and I felt like going just to make it happen was kind of lame, but this time, just before I play the final mission I will stop in there and let my money be taken,  if it works it would be very helpful in the early parts of the epilogue.

The Epilogue can be a little slow, and some might even say boring, but how cool would it be to have 10k$ to play with as John early on ?
I can buy that horse in Blackwater, and anything else John needs to do the epilogue missions.

PS:

I saw this on youtube a few days ago, maybe a week now, either Mrboss ftw or outlaw Gary I cant remember.

Edited by lumper

On 2/25/2019 at 1:28 AM, lumper said:

either Mrboss ftw or outlaw Gary I cant remember.

i've seen a lot of their videos, :) in fact that is how i came to know this website rdr2 org, one of them saw a post and did a video with a shoutout to the original post. :)  i havenot find any result when i searched youtube for pass down all your money from arthur to john, so i posted here. 

i found mr boss for the win's video, it's titled How To Keep ALL Of Your Money Going From Chapter 6 To The Epilogue In Red Dead Redemption 2! (RDR2, so search for "all of your money" instead of “all your money”. a day later (2.21) than my post 2.20 :) 

11 hours ago, leikoqin said:

i found mr boss for the win's video, it's titled How To Keep ALL Of Your Money Going From Chapter 6 To The Epilogue In Red Dead Redemption 2! (RDR2, so search for "all of your money" instead of “all your money”. a day later (2.21) than my post 2.20 :) 

Seen a few of his videos. He uploads too much clickbait stuff for my tastes. "I reached Bigfoot's cave and this happened!" Then you watch the video and absolutely nothing happens.

47 minutes ago, Parzival said:

Seen a few of his videos. He uploads too much clickbait stuff for my tastes. "I reached Bigfoot's cave and this happened!" Then you watch the video and absolutely nothing happens.

90% of youtube is clickbait.  i quit watching youtube a year or more ago, got too fed up with the crap on there.  most of my google searches are now "search subject -youtube" so i don't have to scroll through a half a page of stupid videos lol

I reckon not, but... is there any other way?  I killed the fat man before he even sat down at the table... like a week ago. I've only got $3500 or so. My first playthrough. I just started chapter 6. Found out about TB last night, got online wanting to find a cure. That led me here. I've played a lot of hours, took my time. Oh well... if there's another way please let me know. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Wayfaring Stranger said:

I reckon not, but... is there any other way?  I killed the fat man before he even sat down at the table... like a week ago. I've only got $3500 or so. My first playthrough. I just started chapter 6. Found out about TB last night, got online wanting to find a cure. That led me here. I've played a lot of hours, took my time. Oh well... if there's another way please let me know. Thanks.

you should still be able to do the "mission" with them.  I also killed the guy when i was looking for pig skins for crafting.  was a chapter or 2 later i did their mission and got robbed.

Sorry this turned out so long, 

I love this freakin' game

I found this MrBoss FTW video as well after my first two play throughs, so I decided on my third  I would try it and just imagine that Arthur decided to stash it there, and tell John when handing him all his stuff, to go look for it when things cool down or something.

I think passing along his money makes sense, so I dont think of it is a glitch or cheat, more of a choice.

I chose to do a third and final play through because after the first run through to see the story unfold I missed most of everything else, I had no idea how to play an open world game, honestly so the second time, I just ran around looking at everything I missed but not in any order that made sense or lent to the story, so....

The third time, I decided to try to organically see everything while playing the story mode, doing the challenges, all stranger missions, chance encounters, etc.. the only thing I missed out on this final play through, was the final Strauss missions, and kicking him out of camp, the first time I did it as soon as it was available and everyone in camp was pissed at me, even my friends, so this time I thought, Ill save it til the end, well, turns out of you dont do it before the 3rd to the last mission you cant do it at all, I wish I had realized that, but oh well, it was just a little more honor and Arthur already had like 99% high honor in my play through so...

Either way this time my game was great, very long and full, Arthur did all the hunting, gathering, survival stuff but none of the bandit, sharpshooter, or weapons expert stuff, I figured at one point in the story Arthur starts toward redemption, and it wasnt appropriate to have him doing bad things, whereas John will do all those bandit challenges that Arthur missed out on.

Arthur did all the rock carvings, legendary fish, and animals, dino bones, dreamcatchers, cigarette cards,  all the satchel upgrades and half of the challenges, and even two of the hunter requests and all of Algernon's exotic requests.

John only has points of interests, shacks, easter eggs, like vampires, bigfoots, hermits, tree kings, etc.. to experience.

Anyway to me, it felt great splitting these things up based on where in the story I was and what we were doing.

The satchel upgrades in chapter 2 made the game a whole different experience for me, being able to load up 99 big game with creeping thyms, mint, and oregano made it so once you stocked up, you never had to hunt big game again, for the rest of the game.

I had never gone to the Pig Farm in any play through's because I just never ended up near it or had a reason to go, I knew from videos what happened, but I didnt want to go force it just to see it, I figured if I am near it at some point and they invite me in or whatever, then Ill do it, so this time, I decided to do it just before the final two missions of chapter 6.

It worked out great, I left $12,940.00 in there, so it was a good day for John when he takes that first ride and the music plays, instead of going to Blackwater we went to Lemoyne.

It is one of the small things I thought given more time they might have done more with in the game, having a safe place for Arthurs money during the game, liek a safe deposit box in a bank, or a chest where he can leave stuff from his satchel, etc..

Anyway great find, I havent finished the epilogue this time yet so I dunno how it will all play out, but I assume making those payments will be a breeze now.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:14 AM, Kormath said:

90% of youtube is clickbait.  i quit watching youtube a year or more ago, got too fed up with the crap on there.  most of my google searches are now "search subject -youtube" so i don't have to scroll through a half a page of stupid videos lol

i agree, too many clickbaits. i wanna see the real stuff !

On 3/1/2019 at 1:24 AM, Parzival said:

such as

in saint denis, a lawmen will catch a thief, if u stop the lawman, the thief will say thank u but nothing else happens,, excerpt u get a bounty. i wonder will u gain honor by helping lawman?

also at night, there is a couple , and the lady always gets shot and dies, i m too slow, what happened in ur encounter? maybe u can save the lady and gain honor? i d love to see these 2 encounters videos , thank u 

18 hours ago, CrabApples said:

This is a solid plan. I really didn't consider any of this. I was thinking at the end of my first playthrough, you'd get a decent chunk of change but the most I seemed to have was maybe 6 grand. 

I found that without robbing anyone, without doing a single store robbery, or train robbery, etc.. only doing the treasure hunts, and mission robberies that you can do with various gang members along the way I was able to get up to $13,000 after spending over $5000, so about $18,000.00 and most of it by chapter 4.

A very important part of this, is the satchel, by the end of chapter 2 I had the full satchel upgraded so now I can hold 99 of things, instead  of 3, this makes a world of difference.

The swamp is very lucrative and if you do the Algernon Wasp stuff and complete it, you will have a lot of extra stuff, cigarette cards are free all over the world and you can sell those for $2 each at the fence  so pick them up, I used a store to get the challenge complete but afterwards, I grabbed every single one I can find in the world and sell them, plus the gator eggs $2.50 each, at the butcher I think, heron plumes also, so while I was in the swamp, I used gators to accumulate "big game" meat, and I would craft until I had 50/50/99 of big game meat with mint, oregano, and creeping thyme, you can do this very easily by doing herbalist challenges along the way and stocking up on all three of those, and never use any of those on any other meats, only "Big Game" so that you always can craft more until you are full, once I did this, I never had to hunt again until I was playing as John in the Epilogue and of course, I just went to the swamp after grabbing Arthurs money from the Pig Farm, and stocked up real quick.

Anyway by doing these challenges, stocking up on the gator eggs and plumes whether you need them or not will also make you good money, this along with treasure hunting, grabbing loot along the way, looting every body I found, etc.. I was able to make a lot of cash and keep a very high honor rating and I saved the bandit, sharpshooter, and survivalist challenges for John, Arthur did the hunter, most of the herbalist, some of the gambler, and one other I forget, plus the legendary animals, fish, rock carvings, dreamcatchers, dinosaur bones, and every available side missions except the last Strauss missions that I missed by accidentally waiting too long to start it., so this formula made Arthur a ton of money so he was able to leave $13000 to John.

Right now as john I have $30,000 and I have easily spent $5000.00 already so closer to $40k and I believe the treasures and loot spots reset for the epilogue and if so, thats another $15000 out there waiting for me to go get.

I really enjoyed this playthrough and now in the Epilogue I feel like there is so much to see and do yet and stories to finish with John that make sense and it is nice having a lot of cash to do it with.

13 hours ago, leikoqin said:

such as

in saint denis, a lawmen will catch a thief, if u stop the lawman, the thief will say thank u but nothing else happens,, excerpt u get a bounty. i wonder will u gain honor by helping lawman?

also at night, there is a couple , and the lady always gets shot and dies, i m too slow, what happened in ur encounter? maybe u can save the lady and gain honor? i d love to see these 2 encounters videos , thank u 

The first one is an odd encounter because you ultimately lose more than you gain when intervening no matter what happens. The bit of honor gained from helping the thief is immediately canceled out by acting in opposition to the lawman, which also ends up netting you a bounty. Same thing applies to the similar encounter of two lawmen transporting a prisoner in a wagon. Best to just mind your own business and let the situation play out.

For the second one, you can save the lady, but you have to be really quick about it. And it's easy to accidentally aim your gun at one of the victims in the heat of the moment and scare them away, thereby losing any honor you gained from it and possible getting a bounty.

As for putting them up on YouTube, I don't do anything like that. Not interested in risking getting hit with copyright infringement again. That happened once already when I accidentally clicked a link on a pop up when trying to close it that sent me to a pirated download of Atomic Blonde (that I immediately canceled when it started DLing), which was logged by my Internet provider who reported it to the studio that owns the movie, who in turn sent ****ing cops to my house over it.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, irondmitry said:

Just don't sell your golden bars. But I don't understand why? Arthur needs money much more than John. You can complete the main story for John and you'll have a big part of the Blackwater money

starting out John is flat broke, you need money at the start of epilogue 2, hence this post. 

16 hours ago, irondmitry said:

Just don't sell your golden bars. But I don't understand why? Arthur needs money much more than John. You can complete the main story for John and you'll have a big part of the Blackwater money

I kept the bars...Sold two as john (ultimately didn't even spend close as I couldn't payoff the debt anyway) then grabbed the 22k from gang. I found money to more of a price point keeper than useful...I also spent nearly 20I in bounties...this is clever but I don't feel it's helps gameplay.

2 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

I kept the bars...Sold two as john (ultimately didn't even spend close as I couldn't payoff the debt anyway) then grabbed the 22k from gang. I found money to more of a price point keeper than useful...I also spent nearly 20I in bounties...this is clever but I don't feel it's helps gameplay.

I bought everything as Arthur, so for John is only horse and some medicine left to buy.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, irondmitry said:

^THIS!^ 

You need to make most of your money for Arthur early in the game to buy weapons, clothes camp upgrades etc...  Theres nothing for John to spend money on...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hammer said:

^THIS!^ 

You need to make most of your money for Arthur early in the game to buy weapons, clothes camp upgrades etc...  Theres nothing for John to spend money on...

just ammo and stuff for the challenges if you haven't done them yet.  I was flat broke when i got into the epilogue after having Arthur spend everything he had in chapter 6, didn't know the money and items carried over.  Saving all that this play through so i won't flat broke starting as John :)

• 5 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:38 AM, leikoqin said:

how to pass down all your money from arthur to john:since john will get his satchel, i tried buying 99 of all items and that did not work. john only get several ,  not 99, the ginseng elixir got passed down though, all remaining 6,

the correct way to pass down money is to :  

go to the bro and sis pig farm, drink and get urself robbed, then visit the house as john and reclaim all your money behind the painting !!! lol 

Another idea is to not pick up the mail, the rewards for mailing cigarette sets etc, let John do it if he can that is.