Gifted items?

Poggy

10 minutes ago, Poggy said:

Just got told I had been gifted items.  Anyone know what that's about?

Yeah, it's  2 potent snake oil, 2 potent bitters, 2 potent miracle tonic, 2 horse reviver, 2 potent horse stimulant, 8 poison arrows and 10 explosive slugs.

Edit: you pick them up from your camp lockbox or a post office.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I don't think you can consider receiving "garbage" as "gifts".

Clearly they're just testing out a delivery mechanism for having players gift Gold and/or Items to one-another.

Especially when you can easily craft each of the items yourself like I can(except for the explosive slugs. Not quite high enough level yet, but soon *evil laugh*). It sucks that players currently can't share items with each other. I remember when online first started, I was playing with one of my friends and she was bitten by a snake. I wanted to give her one of my health cures to get rid if the poison, but couldn't.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

It sucks that players currently can't share items with each other. I remember when online first started, I was playing with one of my friends and she was bitten by a snake. I wanted to give her one of my health cures to get rid if the poison, but couldn't.

YES!! This just hit me yesterday that it sucks we can't gift items of lower worth such as ammo, tonics and food. I've actually ran out of shotgun ammo out in the field awhile back and had to switch to a repeater while being harassed by a posse. I wished then that my brother could gift me some shells so I didn't have to return to camp or a town to get more.

I'll be adding that as a feature request, along with some others.

2 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I don't think you can consider receiving "garbage" as "gifts".

Clearly they're just testing out a delivery mechanism for having players gift Gold and/or Items to one-another.

Well, I wouldn't call the explosive shotgun slugs garbage.  I also use the other items too so while they weren't impressive, I gladly accepted them.

43 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, I wouldn't call the explosive shotgun slugs garbage.  I also use the other items too so while they weren't impressive, I gladly accepted them.

It'd be one thing if they were permanent items, but it's literally a grab bag of consumables that are single-use items each.  As someone without the level requisite to purchase/craft explosive shells, a handful of ammo doesn't do much to benefit me.  I could use them in a PvE or PvP element, and then switch over to regular once that pittance of ammo is used up.

Now a full compliment of explosive ammo.... that'd be a different story entirely.

The free Gold Bars that were distributed earlier in the beta process were much, MUCH more beneficial, as they could be used for more things earlier on, including cosmetics that are persistent and stay with your character.  I use gold specifically for clothing and that's it. 

Gold Bars would have been a fine thing to test via delivery system, but instead of "throwing away profit" by giving it away to test the system, they opted for items that I consider to be largely inconsequential in the grand scheme of the game's current iteration and economy.

2 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It'd be one thing if they were permanent items, but it's literally a grab bag of consumables that are single-use items each.  As someone without the level requisite to purchase/craft explosive shells, a handful of ammo doesn't do much to benefit me.  I could use them in a PvE or PvP element, and then switch over to regular once that pittance of ammo is used up.

Now a full compliment of explosive ammo.... that'd be a different story entirely.

The free Gold Bars that were distributed earlier in the beta process were much, MUCH more beneficial, as they could be used for more things earlier on, including cosmetics that are persistent and stay with your character.  I use gold specifically for clothing and that's it. 

Gold Bars would have been a fine thing to test via delivery system, but instead of "throwing away profit" by giving it away to test the system, they opted for items that I consider to be largely inconsequential in the grand scheme of the game's current iteration and economy.

If I'm not mistaken, that was a full compliment of explosive ammo. You're not allowed to equip more than 10 rounds at a time from what I understand. It's also quite expensive from what I hear.

I'm not bothered by the whole GB system or the items that are locked behind them. Its all essentially cosmetic or can also be bought with in-game cash.  I was amazed some were taken back by the cost of emotes but then again, that kind if stuff doesn't interest me. I doubt I'll ever buy GBs in this game.  ...never bought Shark Cards in GTA either.

There will be more events for bonus XP, cash rewards, etc. I would even guess they will have payouts for signing on during a particular time frame like GTA does.

Personally, I'm not bothered that they didn't give more away for free with the update. I'm ok with what they've provided so far.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

You're not allowed to equip more than 10 rounds at a time from what I understand.

I did not know that.  That number seems very low and should be raised significantly for when the game exits Beta, imo.

8 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I doubt I'll ever buy GBs in this game.

Same.  Now Divison 2 Premium credits on the other hand...

8 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Personally, I'm not bothered that they didn't give more away for free with the update. I'm ok with what they've provided so far.

I'm not bothered by it either.  The free gold bars were/are much appreciated.  But I equate the pittance of items that they distributed to the "goodie" bags that are distributed at kids' birthday parties.  As Mrs. Creed has so eloquently stated on many occasions, "great, another bag of crap to take up space."  My kids don't need a sandwich bag full of animal and food shaped erasers, wrist bands, or glow sticks that we're going to end up throwing out eventually anyways.

13 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I did not know that.  That number seems very low and should be raised significantly for when the game exits Beta, imo.

Oh gawd no.  Explosive ammo is already way overpowered. IMO, that would only make balancing issues worse in the game. As it is, not everyone wants to use it because of the associated costs and limited amount. 

I actually wished they did away with explosive ammo entirely and tweaked the lethality of the other types as needed. ......but at least this way the relatively few folks who have it aren't running around with hundreds of rounds of this stuff. .....IMO.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Oh gawd no.  Explosive ammo is already way overpowered. IMO, that would only make balancing issues worse in the game. As it is, not everyone wants to use it because of the associated costs and limited amount. 

I actually wished they did away with explosive ammo entirely and tweaked the lethality of the other types as needed. ......but at least this way the relatively few folks who have it aren't running around with hundreds of rounds of this stuff. .....IMO.

Your argument is compelling, but Uncle Bropollo LOVES clearing hideouts and completing missions with incendiary and explosive shells in story mode.  No reason there can't be a middle ground for free roam.

Then again, no ammo variants is an intriguing concept.  I'd want to keep shotgun slugs, but that's it.

11 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Same.  Now Divison 2 Premium credits on the other hand...

I'm not bothered by it either.  The free gold bars were/are much appreciated.  But I equate the pittance of items that they distributed to the "goodie" bags that are distributed at kids' birthday parties.  As Mrs. Creed has so eloquently stated on many occasions, "great, another bag of crap to take up space."  My kids don't need a sandwich bag full of animal and food shaped erasers, wrist bands, or glow sticks that we're going to end up throwing out eventually anyways.

I really hope they don't raise the number of explosive rounds you can carry. Then every asshole would just use those as they are a one shot kill. Limiting the amount that you can carry is helping you and making sure those griefers everyone hates think hard before using them. As they require animal fat and only a certain few animals give that. Only time I use mine are on missions when other high levels are after me, or during assassinations. As I don't want to constantly be trying refill them. I chose carefully who I use them on. Feel special if a high level uses them on you, means you pissed them off or you pose a real threat to them lol.

Also I've had a few nice encounters with other high levels who were looking for animal fat in the heartland overflow and it was peaceful. One guy even came over and gave me what he couldn't take.

And they could have just as easily not given us anything. Free is free, less work I have to do even if I can make them myself.

Edited by Renascent

3 hours ago, Renascent said:

And they could have just as easily not given us anything. Free is free, less work I have to do even if I can make them myself.

I suppose that I'm just irritated about the quality of the items that were gifted, which was undoubtedly compounded by how completely unplayable the update has made the game.

Multiple instances of the game getting stuck in the catalog and only being able to zoom.  I literally had to exit the game and restart at least four times.

Story Mission matchmaking that didn't have the timer start or allow players to ready up in the lobby, even when it was full.

The disconnects are as bad as they were at launch.

So I'm not going to be impressed or thankful to have received items that I can't use.

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

Animal fat really isn't all that hard to come by. You can get it from pigs, ducks and geese. All are quite plentiful in the game.

Well aware of that. Just don't want to always be looking for it. And if you get into big gun fights often you'll burn through those 10 rounds per gun. I'm the type that likes to stay ready for anything.

3 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Well aware of that. Just don't want to always be looking for it. And if you get into big gun fights often you'll burn through those 10 rounds per gun. I'm the type that likes to stay ready for anything.

Me, I'm a hoarder when it comes to crafting ingredients. As soon as I use some, which I'm always doing  since I like to craft, I'll go out and resupply my stock. A scout is always prepared!😉