Whats the most Inappropriate mission?

SnailZ321

I have 2 kids and I’d say this whole game is rated PG-13, at minimum. Just riding around the world gets you cussed out like a sailor... forget engaging with most of the characters in the world. The conversations also dance around prostitution and cutting off of various body parts, at times.

There are some points in the open game play or story where I’m pretty sure a movie would be rated ‘R’ for violence. (Blowing someone’s head to pieces with a shotgun at close range, comes to mind... torture scenes in the story at least twice, for another).

I won’t get more specific, but that’s my read. I let my 13 year old see most of it, mainly because he’s pretty responsible and doesn’t get out of control or agitated by more adult themes. But I don’t let my younger child see anything in this game... ever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snipe said:

I have 2 kids and I’d say this whole game is rated PG-13, at minimum. Just riding around the world gets you cussed out like a sailor... forget engaging with most of the characters in the world. The conversations also dance around prostitution and cutting off of various body parts, at times.

There are some points in the open game play or story where I’m pretty sure a movie would be rated ‘R’ for violence. (Blowing someone’s head to pieces with a shotgun at close range, comes to mind... torture scenes in the story at least twice, for another).

I won’t get more specific, but that’s my read. I let my 13 year old see most of it, mainly because he’s pretty responsible and doesn’t get out of control or agitated by more adult themes. But I don’t let my younger child see anything in this game... ever.

Man I have a six year old playing GTA V he doesn't understand English and can't read fast so he plays but can't go ttoo far since he dkont know how to finish story missions they are too difficult for him and require reading ability 

14 hours ago, SnailZ321 said:

My son likes to play Rdr2 with me but i havent played the story yet, and i just want to make sure he doesnt see something bad.

Whats something bad?

In this game you can blow someone's head clear off and chunks go flying.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

There's the scene in which Kieran's horse comes trotting into camp with his decapitated body propped up in the saddle and his head cradled in the corpse's hands.

There's some results in the 

Spoiler

Get drunk with Lennie Mission

that, as a parent, I wouldn't want to be explaining to my 8 year old son.

The Kieran scene is pretty bad, though, as is the whole "burning bodies" thing.  It's going to depend on the parent and kid.  My kids are too young for RDR2 in ANY capacity (they're 8 and 5), so I don't even play it unless they're in bed for the night.

The lynched people hanging from the trees in Lemyone isn't ideal for kids either, imo.  Even the O'Driscolls and Mrs. Adler in the beginning might lead to questions you don't want to answer, depending on the age of you kids.

There's also the whole "guy with a pig" thing.  Not trying to sound like a prude, but depending on the kid, again, I'd be hesitant to have them stumble across that as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

There's some results in the 

Reveal hidden contents

Get drunk with Lennie Mission

that, as a parent, I wouldn't want to be explaining to my 8 year old son.

The Kieran scene is pretty bad, though, as is the whole "burning bodies" thing.  It's going to depend on the parent and kid.  My kids are too young for RDR2 in ANY capacity (they're 8 and 5), so I don't even play it unless they're in bed for the night.

The lynched people hanging from the trees in Lemyone isn't ideal for kids either, imo.  Even the O'Driscolls and Mrs. Adler in the beginning might lead to questions you don't want to answer, depending on the age of you kids.

There's also the whole "guy with a pig" thing.  Not trying to sound like a prude, but depending on the kid, again, I'd be hesitant to have them stumble across that as well.

And let's not forget the incest couple.

• Thanks 1

My 15 year old daughter found it pretty disturbing the first time she saw me skinning a deer (after the first hunting mission/tutorial) but then she is a little bit squeamish. 

My 12 year old son finished playing through the story mode before I did, but he's comparatively mature, and found all of the unpleasant bits (Kieran springs to mind. as does the Murfree's cave) appropriately disturbing. 

Then again, he watched Suicide Squad and Deadpool around a friend's house (without us knowing until afterwards), so he doesn't find very much beyond him, these days.

48 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Whats something bad?

In this game you can blow someone's head clear off and chunks go flying.  

That's what I was thinking.....   

He's been been playing online and Dad is worried about the story?  IMO, if you have to ask then it's probably safe to say the game isn't for him.

• Like 1

I let my 17 month old watch me play... but I don’t think he can grasp what’s going on... he makes woof sounds when he hears a dog in game...

seriously though, I don’t think there is that much in the game that can’t be explained to a somewhat mature well balanced young’un. I really doubt RDR2 is going the be the thing that turns him into a pig shagging weirdo that goes around blowing off strangers heads with a sawnoff shotgun and feeding women’s rights activists to alligators, despite what the Puritan wannabe sensors and protestors that go on the news and Facebook want you to believe.

Honestly, it depends on his own maturity level, age, and how you are raising him. I have heard of kids who are 10 playing this game with no issue because their parents monitor them and trust them, they are considered mature for their age. At the same time, some 14-year-olds may not be able to handle playing it. I wouldn't go below the age of 10 though personally.