passive mode

Lukeknight

Whilst I do not agree with the latest glitch of duplicating kills ( I hope R* will be rolling back the accounts of all involved in doing the duplication exploit ) I did like the fact we could go into passive mode. I enjoyed a few hours of no hassle hunting in tumbleweed with out a hole griefers attacking me in packs. Now it seems this way of entering passive mode has been patched much to the annoyance of many players. Some time`s  we just want to hunt in peace if we want to run around shooting every one we go to showdown. Another thing is the last update to try and help combat griefers by making them a red dot on the map and a bounty for killing other players, Now where is the logic in doing this then adding kill other players in daily challenges...? This leads to  non griefer players being punished for defending them self's against these griefers by receiving a bounty.. We need a choice of going into passive mode so we can just hunt in peace. Some times I don't want to have to check the map every 2 mins to see if some one is heading my way to grief me ( not that we can now after the last update ). And the parlay system is not a cure for this, Also the last update made hunting worse lower sell prices and longer spawn times if at all. R* really needs to address these issue as the way online is at the moment is not enjoyable for most. I don't want to have to grind away for hours to earn cash then lose my kills to some a hole pack of griefers. R* needs to listen to its fan base and not the how much they can squeeze out of players with pointless micro transaction.  I love the whole concept of the game  but the way it is at moment its not enjoyable its more frustrating than any thing.. Here's how I think it should be set up give players the option of passive mode with out limits. Add the kill players challenges to the showdown event only this will force griefers to have to do showdown if they want to clear all daily challenges.. sadly i will be shelving this game till these issues have been sorted out. 

Edited by Lukeknight
  • Like 3

I hope you are also submitting your feedback to R* via their Beta Feedback site:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Just be warned that there is a 500 character limit so you would either need to reword your suggestion/grievance or break it up into separate topics. 

Telling us why your leaving the game is all well and good but won't make a bit of difference since this is a fan forum (not affiliated with R* / 2K).

Yes already submitted it to R* after getting the link from another post you posted to.. And not leaving the game just not playing online  till these issues are addressed which im sure will be in time, And if this is  just a fan base then your right no point in me posting any thing here in future.. Ty 

Edited by Lukeknight

Just now, Lukeknight said:

Yes already submitted it to R* after getting the link from another post you posted to.. And leaving the game just not playing till these issues are addressed which im sure will be in time, And if this a just a fan base then your right no point in me posting here in future.. Ty 

Hmmmmm.....   I didn't say there was "no point" in posting here Luke , simply suggesting a means to get your suggestions directly to R*.  Of course you are welcome to post here and share your thoughts, suggestions, experience or tap into us as a resource and we encourage that.  I was in no way suggesting otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Lukeknight said:

Yes already submitted it to R* after getting the link from another post you posted to.. And not leaving the game just not playing online  till these issues are addressed which im sure will be in time, And if this is  just a fan base then your right no point in me posting any thing here in future.. Ty 

Trust me, this is one of the friendlier forums out here for people who express sentiments such as yours...or should I say, ours. If it weren't I wouldn't be here, at least not as often. 

I've also submitted feedback similar to yours to Rockstar, so I guess we'll see if they choose to be helpful or not.

Someone said awhile back that when some datamining of Red Dead Online was done, "passive mode" was in the content, so I'm pretty sure it's officially coming at some point. I didn't know the unofficial way had been patched. Sad news for me. 

37 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

Trust me, this is one of the friendlier forums out here for people who express sentiments such as yours...or should I say, ours. If it weren't I wouldn't be here, at least not as often. 

I've also submitted feedback similar to yours to Rockstar, so I guess we'll see if they choose to be helpful or not.

Someone said awhile back that when some datamining of Red Dead Online was done, "passive mode" was in the content, so I'm pretty sure it's officially coming at some point. I didn't know the unofficial way had been patched. Sad news for me. 

I recall the code they scrounged through revealed private sessions, properties and vehicles (wagons).  Can't speak to the passive mode because it's been a while since I looked at those findings.  I do remember the some (or perhaps all) the data they mined was from the app. 

Can't help but think R* has some of these options / components queued up and ready to be implemented but they're simply waiting for different benchmarks in the beta to be met, prioritizing or whatever.  I would suspect that at this relatively early stage it is easier in this environment to keep everyone in one bucket.  .....for now.  

I'd like to see some of these options come to fruition.

• Like 1

Even when we do contact Rockstar, I think we should all be sharing how we feel because I have a feeling word gets around and the devs or at least the "social team" does check places like this to see what is being said. 

Edited by Anc1entC0re
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that there is a R* dev checking this site once in a while. If he is a member, i am not sure of. 

Problem is, he could proberly agree on the Things we post in this forum.. But the ones making sure it becomes a reality, dont think the same way.

But, lets just keep posting. If they see it, its good. :P

On 3/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

Even when we do contact Rockstar, I think we should all be sharing how we feel because I have a feeling word gets around and the devs or at least the "social team" does check places like this to see what is being said. 

I just admitted in Rockstar feedback what I've unofficially been doing and why, and will continue to do, to play the game most times.

With the number of people who are still glitching to get into passive mode, it's beyond me why Rockstar just won't officially enable it.

10 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

This is a pvp based game passive mode would kill it. What you guys want is a hunting and fishing game I think there are a few of those...

If Rockstar had advertised Red Dead Online as a "pvp based game," I never would have purchased it.

If that's an official description, exactly where did you see it?

And why would Rockstar say they want to institute anti griefing methods?

What I did see Rockstar advertise was "We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone. Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior..." and "Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

Explore the world solo or with friends. "

Edited by Netnow66
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

If Rockstar had advertised Red Dead Online as a "pvp based game," I never would have purchased it.

What I did see Rockstar advertise was "We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone. Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior..." and "Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

You do play this game right?

I totally agree, when you first start you want to be left alone, hunt, fish, look around, get the lay of the land, I think Rockstar should make an Anything goes free roam and a protected free roam, so if you do want to level up fishing, and hunting, you can do that and not worry about people messing with you at all, it can not be that hard to do.

12 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

You do play this game right?

Until Friday I think.  (TD2 Release) Then it gets shelved until the beta is over I think or until they add different lobbies.  And if they don't then the story was great and online isn't.  That simple.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Griefing is not pvp it’s being a di*k plain and simple there are ways to fight them off or run if you’re so inclined.

lol as far as advertising for the game before and recently after release it promoted the game not the online beta when I play a MMORPG especially one set in the old west I expect gun play...

what the online mode is missing is factions. The honour system only dictates who you are to the NPCs good or bad. What separates the players? Why is there no option to be either Law or Outlaw? Then gun interaction between two members of the same faction can’t happen unless they implemented a dueling system.

lol the game (story mode) top tag line is “Outlaws For Life” so if we are saying the game should be played as advertised then I guess every time I shoot someone in the open world I’m doing it right....

if you don’t like PvP stay in story mode with Arthur and John...

1 hour ago, Ragee503 said:

If you like pvp so much why don't you go play battlefield then. Sounds like same logic to me.

I do.

I play many games and I don’t whine about the context if it’s not for me It’s not for me I don’t play

are you sure this game is for you maybe you can’t hack it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, virgil_caine said:

I do.

I play many games and I don’t whine about the context if it’s not for me It’s not for me I don’t play

are you sure this game is for you maybe you can’t hack it?

Doesn't even deserve a reply.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

lol as far as advertising for the game before and recently after release it promoted the game not the online beta

"not the online beta"?

Opinions are one thing--facts are quite another.

Please check the links below that directly refer to the online beta. You will find the comments I quoted on those pages.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

2 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

Umm this does count as a reply though...just sayin’

ok you want a reply. How is this

You are so right Virgil,  I can't hack it the pixel deaths are just killing me.  I am completely wrong in wanting another type game then what it is.  I am really just a snowflake that wants to play pong.

37 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

ok you want a reply. How is this

You are so right Virgil,  I can't hack it the pixel deaths are just killing me.  I am completely wrong in wanting another type game then what it is.  I am really just a snowflake that wants to play pong.

Yes you are...

53 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

"not the online beta"?

Opinions are one thing--facts are quite another.

Please check the links below that directly refer to the online beta. You will find the comments I quoted on those pages.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

Um this advertising started just before and after the beta dropped my point was you didn’t see any advertising saying  anything about the beta while they marketed Red Dead Redemption 2

also

challenge other settlers and much more in this brand new multiplayer story.

What did you think that means when you read it?

so tell me how would dailies work in your magical unicorn world?

if R* didn’t want you to engage in open world combat why are these available outside of pvp modes?

because it’s a pvp based game

want some more facts

2 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

Um this advertising started just before and after the beta dropped my point was you didn’t see any advertising saying  anything about the beta while they marketed Red Dead Redemption 2

also

challenge other settlers and much more in this brand new multiplayer story.

What did you think that means when you read it?

so tell me how would dailies work in your magical unicorn world?

if R* didn’t want you to engage in open world combat why are these available outside of pvp modes?

because it’s a pvp based game

want some more facts

How can you say what or when I did or didn't see info on the online component? Here's just one of the many articles I read where the online multiplayer was being discussed. The online component was no surprise to those who keep up with the gaming scene. I had absolutely no interest in the offline component of this game, my interest was only in the online. Always.

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-online/

https://www.cgmagonline.com/2016/10/21/red-dead-redemption-2-will-get-early-access-online-content-ps4/

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/red-dead-redemption-2-rockstar-future/

As far as "challenging" other players, that reference could have been to just about anything, from outracing to even outfishing and outhunting when the dailies are considered, hence the "Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style..." Everyone's "play style" doesn't have to be PvP combat in a rich game such as this that's full of so much to do. 

17 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

As far as "challenging" other players, that reference could have been to just about anything, from outracing to even outfishing and outhunting when the dailies are considered, hence the "Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style..." Everyone's "play style" doesn't have to be PvP combat in a rich game such as this that's full of so much to do. 

Sarcasm mode engaged (/)

You're reading it wrong!

"challenging" other players obviously means waiting until they are skinning  an animal, or doing some fishing, and then shooting them in the back with a shotgun.  Another good way of "challenging" other players is to crouch on the roof of the stables in Valentine, and snipe them when they visit the butcher.

This is the Wild West, this is what it should be like!

Sarcasm mode disengaged (/)

• Like 1

I feel like if they made it so that ranks 1-10 then 11-30 are matched together in sessions so the big kids don't try to pick on the little ones. Even playing grounds then so you at least have a chance. And/or have an option at start to match into sessions with certain ranks like 31--60, 61-90, 91-100, etc. Would help when those high ranks come looking for a fight with me just because I'm on their level. And would help in getting people less pvp oriented interested in the PVP aspect.

I mean that's what they do in normal MMOs to give new people a chance so they aren't blown away/scared off.

May not stop griefing, but it'd help to an extent. In every game there's always gonna be shitty people. Can't completely eliminate it, only try to keep it in check.

6 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

Why is this not a forum to discuss Red Dead?

I didn’t get salty he did. Also he jumped in like I was talking to him directly I believe I replied to Newton’s post

C'mon Virgil.

I'm all for discussions but let's try to keep it constructive rather than telling people to git gud, refer to their opinion as crying/whining or imply they go play another game.  That is just asking for a negative reaction from folks.

A little respect goes a long way. Let's discuss the topics but keep it civil, ok?

That is the last I am going to say on the topic. Move on people.