Twitter is dying?

watery buffalo

Someone brought this up to me the other day. I haven't used it in a long time. I think since like the beginning of 2017. I just can't stand all the political crap and arguments. 

Anyways, someone said the owner recently said something about the numbers which are showing a massive decline in users and people using the social platform as much. A lot of teens and young adults have moved away from it as well. 

If it is going to die, which I am thinking it might after this next US election... Do you think people will begin to revert back to normal in the outside world or will they begin to flock to places like this? I know forum users aren't common and the ones who use forums typically have used them for like 10+ years now. I wouldn't mind seeing forums become a relevant thing again. See places like this really blow up. So many forums I have been on died out or closed. 

Twitter should die it should never have been born... Nobody cares that you're eating a taco. I think people will just switch to the next new app though. I am the older part of the millennial generation which means that I don't care for any of that nonsense but I have a lot of friends who do and every third week I'm being told to get some new communication app " because that's what everybody is using" my response is no thanks and please don't text me calling is fine. That being said I'm a Dying Breed... 

Considering how rarely I delete apps if I followed everybody's instruction I wouldn't even have room for pictures or phone numbers...

• Like 1

Instagram and YouTube are eclipsing it in use and popularity. Same thing happened to MySpace when Facebook entered the picture and, in turn, the same thing happened to Facebook when Twitter came about. Now it's Twitter's turn to ride off into the sunset of obsolescence.

Edited by Parzival

we can only hope!! 

i can't stand twitter and the twits on it.  Drives me nuts when i turn on one of my favorite tv shows and it's an 'enhanced' or whatever they call it where they post the twitter feeds from people.  you'll see posts from some of the dumbest people in the world lol  no wonder it's dying.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kormath said:

we can only hope!! 

i can't stand twitter and the twits on it.  Drives me nuts when i turn on one of my favorite tv shows and it's an 'enhanced' or whatever they call it where they post the twitter feeds from people.  you'll see posts from some of the dumbest people in the world lol  no wonder it's dying. 

You mean when you turn on TV to watch something or learn something from educated people with educated opinions and you get the first 100 statements from thoughtless people who think they are making their voices heard on Twitter... I find myself in many waiting rooms screaming why on Earth would you share those! I specifically don't Twitter I don't want it on the news! Meanwhile if I post my thoughts on Twitter I would be arrested, like I want to shoot this idiot in the face.

I don't know if anybody follows the "challenges" but I laughed fairly hard when I heard about the Darwinism of the phone book challenge...

Edited by Dewy1314

I can't see it being relevant another 5 years. People get bored and move on. It also isn't doing them any favors when they are banning people based on their own personal beliefs even if they aren't being a threat to anyone else. Oh well. Twitter can go kick rocks. 

Facebook is going to die within the next 5 years as well, no doubt. They are under criminal investigation for leaking private information to corporations. People gotta get off there and Twitter while they can before they get completely ransacked. 

Let both Twitter and Facebook die. Heard places like Buzzfeed and Vice are tanking hard too cause they got a lot of views and revenue from Facebook and Mark cut back heavy on news being shared on Facebook in an attempt to keep people on there. 

On 3/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, Skrylaxx said:

Let both Twitter and Facebook die. Heard places like Buzzfeed and Vice are tanking hard too cause they got a lot of views and revenue from Facebook and Mark cut back heavy on news being shared on Facebook in an attempt to keep people on there. 

news?  you mean false stories like Dwayne Johnson being arrested, when it was a picture from one of his movies?  lol  facebook is the worst, i hate it worse than twitter.  at least i can ignore twitter totally (other than the stupid twits on the tv shows).  Speaking of stupid twits i was watching one of the ghost hunter type shows with my son this weekend, a rerun from a while back, one of the guys in the show said something about feeling a cold spot, so a twit posts Oh my room just got cold, i'm feeling it too!  lmao

Facebook i can't get away from, as much as i try.  My mom's an addict, sending me stuff about my cousins and blah blah, but she has to text it or email, cause i closed my facebook account years ago.  It's nothing but garbage.  Removing the fake news didn't help, last i looked when mom showed me something on facebook, it was still full of garbage and sh*t-tons of adds.   Think i drew the line and closed my facebook when the hiker in Yellowstone park a few years back got killed by a bear, and there was a huge movement on facebook cause they had to put down the bear.  Idiot people would rather have a maneater roaming the park than save human lives.  Never did catch on to the facebook fad.  I opened an account because my son did when he was of age to do so, so i could monitor him.  but then i found out i didn't need to.  i'd get calls or texts from my family telling me everything he was posting and saying.

My dad's a Facebook addict, too. If I had a nickel for every time he asked me if I saw something on Facebook that day ... well, you know how that sentence ends. My sister has a habit of occasionally trying to push me into starting an account when I have no desire or need, too, so she can "tag" me or some other nonsense. And I especially want to avoid the drama and butthurt that ensues when I deny those friend requests from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate and other people who know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows me. 😒

Edited by Parzival

On 3/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, Kormath said:

Idiot people would rather have a maneater roaming the park than save human lives. 

You really shouldn't be surprised when tons of people wanted and cheered for abortion being an option all the way up until birth. 

People pretend to value human life when it suits a narrative of an objective. 

• Like 2

I use Facebook as created: to stay IN TOUCH with long ago buddies. Not follow them, not judge my life by THEIR pictures, not to shop. Not to read news( good joke), not to " voice" my opinion( I'm known for a rant or two lol)...best decision I've made in two years was to delete the app from my phone and keep messenger! My account has my bio...enough to get the recent snapshot of me that I decide...My mom is addicted so I unfollowed her and when she says "I'm sure you saw it on facebook ...!" My reply is it you don't TELL me I don't know. ..tagging is not telling!

I like facebook, I hate it's use...did you know in the beginning you NEEDED a college email (had to confirm!) To register? Before social media existed, it was just for connections, because losing touch sucks...following people is generally frowned upon IN REAL LIFE( pretty creepy actually)...when did that stop being true!?

Edited by Dewy1314

10 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

following people is generally frowned upon IN REAL LIFE( pretty creepy actually)...when did that stop being true!?

when it's done on the internet.  Real life stalking is still illegal, but very few states have any laws for cyber stalking.  Sorry i mean "following".  That and online harrassment is really getting looked at now though, at least in the US, especially after that white supremacy harassment deal last year.

22 hours ago, DylBandit said:

I don't think twitter is dying. 

I think this is referring to the drop. They have seen a HUGE drop of users in the last year alone but I am sure it will pick back up when people want to complain about politics again in the summer and fall.