Jump to content

Decaying playing base maybe a blessing in disguise


HuDawg
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can't help but think the current state of RD O player base and unhappy players will push R* to rethink its mindset when it comes to RD O.  And this will end up being a good thing in the long run.  And hopefully gets rid of the people in charge of RD O for being completely clueless and bad at their job.

Because if RD O was successful, nothing would change.    Just more of this, for years.

Im literally the only person left out of tons of friends who own this game that still plays RD Online.. And when I say plays it, I mean 1 hour a week.  Compared to end of 2018 and early 2019 when EVERYONE I knew was playing and I was playing this for many hours a week, (Its kind of sad 😪)

I've gone back to single player.  Because I can play FREE AIM in peace, no ability cards..  no bullsh*t.. with a world that actually seems alive and is built around fun. 

 

The end of the BETA is going to be R*s second and probably last chance to really bring players back and keep their attention... And give players what they need instead of what Take Two wants.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I can't help but think the current state of RD O player base and unhappy players will push R* to rethink its mindset when it comes to RD O.  And this will end up being a good thing in the long run.  And hopefully gets rid of the people in charge of RD O for being completely clueless and bad at their job.

Because if RD O was successful, nothing would change.    Just more of this, for years.

Im literally the only person left out of tons of friends who own this game that still plays RD Online.. And when I say plays it, I mean 1 hour a week.  Compared to end of 2018 and early 2019 when EVERYONE I knew was playing and I was playing this for many hours a week, (Its kind of sad 😪)

I've gone back to single player.  Because I can play FREE AIM in peace, no ability cards..  no bullsh*t.. with a world that actually seems alive and is built around fun. 

 

The end of the BETA is going to be R*s second and probably last chance to really bring players back and keep their attention... And give players what they need instead of what Take Two wants.

 

 

Yes, I personally only play occasionally now and only in  passive lobbies when invited. Compare that to daily play for at least two, maybe three months after Online was released. 

I really wish I could get into single player but I didn't like the way it was structured or the character I had to play. 

Some are saying that when/if the game goes to PC that will breathe new life into it. But it will be off my personal radar by then if the defensive/offensive setting doesn't keep griefers off my butt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

Yes, I personally only play occasionally now and only in  passive lobbies when invited. Compare that to daily play for at least two, maybe three months after Online was released. 

I really wish I could get into single player but I didn't like the way it was structured or the character I had to play. 

Some are saying that when/if the game goes to PC that will breathe new life into it. But it will be off my personal radar by then if the defensive/offensive setting doesn't keep griefers off my butt.

R* approach to one shoe size fits all will drive players away more then make players come back.

 

Some players want a sort of second life style game.  This is why a pve only server is needed.

Some players want a hardcore game mode without auto aim and ability cards..with griefers and hostiles galore. 

 

You may not like griefers..  For me, im lost without them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed. Out of all my friends who picked it up, I'm the only one left playing but these last 2 weeks I've felt less and less like playing. My friends all say they won't return until possibly after the Spring update releases when more missions come. The dripfeeding needs to stop. All of these new modes and free roam events should have released together. I also hate how nothing has been done with the singleplayer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont see how less players will push rockstar to release Good content, they will probably move on to something else that Will make them money. And for that offensive/ defensive mode + the spring update i dont think that will change anything tbh but well se when the next portion of dripfeeding is done in september probably 🤪

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zampen said:

I dont see hos less players will push rockstar to release Good content, they will probably move on to something else that Will make them money

Because less players means less microtransactions.

 I mean even now.. The current content isn't that bad.. Its the way they have implemented it that's the problem.

R* used to be the game company that gave players freedom to play how they want.  Now they are probably one of the most restrictive game companies, when it comes to RD O.

R* doesn't need to move onto something else.  But they should be working on other games..  

But drip feeding clothing and crappy pvp game modes..and placing more restrictions in free roam isn't going to draw players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Still seeing sessions with 22+ people in it regularly. Maybe it's just an Xbox thing... Most of my friends still play daily.

Same. I am not having issues. Showdown is always full lobbies for me. I'm part of several large groups and there always several posses running 24/7 if I don't feel like running my own. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mean even now.. The current content isn't that bad.. Its the way they have implemented it that's the problem.

 

 I strongly disagree

And I too se around 20 players but more and more the same dudes

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Renascent said:

Still seeing sessions with 22+ people in it regularly. Maybe it's just an Xbox thing... Most of my friends still play daily.

I didn't say it was dead..

 

But one glimpse at any Red Dead forum..  Shows just how lively this game is at the moment.   Also considering youtube video numbers and stream shrinking over all.

Whats there to be excited about.?

Theres no competitive scene.  Free Roam missions are just a plop and park.  Co-op Missions are brain dead easy with 4 players and auto aim.  Free roam battles penalize players.

Its exact opposite of what players need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zampen said:

mean even now.. The current content isn't that bad.. Its the way they have implemented it that's the problem.

 

 I strongly disagree

And I too se around 20 players but more and more the same dudes

I didn't say it was dead. I said decaying.. Which is true.

 

This game is no where near the numbers of players it had a few months ago.  And we all know this.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zampen said:

mean even now.. The current content isn't that bad.. Its the way they have implemented it that's the problem.

 

 I strongly disagree

And I too se around 20 players but more and more the same dudes

I almost never see the same people and it's rare if I do. It's rare if I get a session where most are passive. It's usually really lively.

 

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

I didn't say it was dead..

 

But one glimpse at any Red Dead forum..  Shows just how lively this game is at the moment.   Also considering youtube video numbers and stream shrinking over all.

Whats there to be excited about.?

Theres no competitive scene.  Free Roam missions are just a plop and park.  Co-op Missions are brain dead easy with 4 players and auto aim.  Free roam battles penalize players.

Its exact opposite of what players need.

That's not really a good indicator of something having a decaying player base. The last mmo I left is still running strong despite everyone's doom and gloom over it dying. And it had the one size fits all thing too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

 

Theres no competitive scene.  auto aim.  Free roam battles penalize players.

Its exact opposite of what players need.

THIS!!!

my crew and I were trying to build an immersive experience in which we had in the previous RDR, but god Rockstar is working against us entirely. the whole "one shoot fits all" thing you mentioned is spot on. No point in interacting with any crew at all, or have structured battles, events, and so much more because of AUTO AIM, and all the BS that comes along with it. Now a lot of people have dynamite/explosive arrows and rounds that being on a horse is all you have to do to be OP.

its exhausting and i just don't even hop on anymore, sure it might not seem like a big deal to casual gamers, but my crew and I spent days in game, spent days structuring our crew, days making a website and Discord. So for me to just not give a crap about this game is actually a huge deal. No potential for actual crew immersion or interaction.

 

Funny how you mention decaying playe rbase and people think you're wrong because their servers are full lol, i wonder how many actual servers there are in the game and how many of them are at half capacity or less, hell i've even been on servers that only had around 8 people, most being my own crew.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I almost never see the same people and it's rare if I do. It's rare if I get a session where most are passive. It's usually really lively.

 

That's not really a good indicator of something having a decaying player base. The last mmo I left is still running strong despite everyone's doom and gloom over it dying. And it had the one size fits all thing too.

This games player base is decaying and there no question about it.

From reddit.. to forums, to social media.    Its all there..

 

This game is not running strong.  Its limping along...

This game is not a MMO.. Its an action game where the action barely exist.  


Everyone I know is dying for actual pvp modes..  And they simply got fed up of begging for basic sh*t that should already exist in a R* game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

R* approach to one shoe size fits all will drive players away more then make players come back.

 

Some players want a sort of second life style game.  This is why a pve only server is needed.

Some players want a hardcore game mode without auto aim and ability cards..with griefers and hostiles galore. 

 

You may not like griefers..  For me, im lost without them. 

Yes, I realize that it's a personal preference, but I actually hate 'em and see them as nothing but bullies. Most of the people that started the game with me have  moved on because of the griefers which makes me hate them even more.

PvE servers, passive servers, offensive/defensive, whatever it takes to keep some clown from shooting me when I spawn in or out, fishing or at the butcher.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Netnow66 said:

Yes, I realize that it's a personal preference, but I actually hate 'em and see them as nothing but bullies. Most of the people that started the game with me have  moved on because of the griefers which makes me hate them even more.

PvE servers, passive servers, offensive/defensive, whatever it takes to keep some clown from shooting me when I spawn in or out, fishing or at the butcher.

I understand..  But it really does come down to taste.

R* used to give player options to suit said taste.  RD O doesn't have any options.  Which in turn drives players away.

You should be able to play how you want.. Free of bullies.

I should be able to play with bullies..because I love the battles and I love bullies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Netnow66 said:

Yes, I realize that it's a personal preference, but I actually hate 'em and see them as nothing but bullies. Most of the people that started the game with me have  moved on because of the griefers which makes me hate them even more.

PvE servers, passive servers, offensive/defensive, whatever it takes to keep some clown from shooting me when I spawn in or out, fishing or at the butcher.

 

 

 

Griefers are annoying as hell but guarantee if skill were involved in killing a player then the amount of griefing would drop dramatically, no one would be running around on a horse to instantly headshot you as they run right past you at 30 mph and turn instantly to kill you. No explosive round spam, no diving like a lunatic and instantly popping off a headshot with a Varmint.

 

I urge people to try and play on free aim and even suggest it to Rockstar so they get their head out of their asses. It's the way the game was meant to be played, their addition of everyone being force in Auto/Aim-bot is so damn regressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This games player base is decaying and there no question about it.

From reddit.. to forums, to social media.    Its all there..

 

This game is not running strong.  Its limping along...

This game is not a MMO.. Its an action game where the action barely exist.  


Everyone I know is dying for actual pvp modes..  And they simply got fed up of begging for basic sh*t that should already exist in a R* game.

 

You must not know very many people then.

I feel the player base is fluctuating, not necessarily dying/decaying.

It's an mmo whether you want to call it that or not. Maybe not traditional but still.

You believe everything you read on the internet don't ya? Everyone jumping on the doom and gloom bandwagon cuz it's the in thing to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

THIS!!!

my crew and I were trying to build an immersive experience in which we had in the previous RDR, but god Rockstar is working against us entirely. the whole "one shoot fits all" thing you mentioned is spot on. No point in interacting with any crew at all, or have structured battles, events, and so much more because of AUTO AIM, and all the BS that comes along with it. Now a lot of people have dynamite/explosive arrows and rounds that being on a horse is all you have to do to be OP.

its exhausting and i just don't even hop on anymore, sure it might not seem like a big deal to casual gamers, but my crew and I spent days in game, spent days structuring our crew, days making a website and Discord. So for me to just not give a crap about this game is actually a huge deal. No potential for actual crew immersion or interaction.

 

Funny how you mention decaying playe rbase and people think you're wrong because their servers are full lol, i wonder how many actual servers there are in the game and how many of them are at half capacity or less, hell i've even been on servers that only had around 8 people, most being my own crew.

I feel your pain..    

I want this game to be better..  I love Red Dead.   

But this I why I made this topic.   That maybe the decaying player base will give players what they need. 

Guess I still have a bit of faith left..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Renascent said:

You must not know very many people then.

I feel the player base is fluctuating, not necessarily dying/decaying.

It's an mmo whether you want to call it that or not. Maybe not traditional but still.

You believe everything you read on the internet don't ya? Everyone jumping on the doom and gloom bandwagon cuz it's the in thing to do.

Well its not a MMO tho.. Its an Action Adventure game.  (its even labeled that)  And the doom and gloom is real.  Its got nothing to do with a bandwagon.

I got more enjoyment out of the old Red Dead Multiplayer.. and it had less content. RD O beta player count peaked out in the 1st few months.   

 

 

Whats R* gonna add?  New griefring counter measures, which simply means less fun for pvp players who like free roam FFA..  (Back to GTA O they go)

More CO OP missions, that are easily chewed on with auto aim?  (Boring)

More pvp modes without any options to play what you want?  No sense of TEAMS.. No sense of competition or competitive scene.  (There goes another chunk of players)

No private lobbies.. ( well theres another chunk of players)

Lack of Hardcore/Friendly lobbies (Ding.. another chunk)

 

That's whats chipping the player base away^...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I understand..  But it really does come down to taste.

R* used to give player options to suit said taste.  RD O doesn't have any options.  Which in turn drives players away.

You should be able to play how you want.. Free of bullies.

I should be able to play with bullies..because I love the battles and I love bullies.

 

Yes, I agree with you and that's why I stated it's a personal preference.

But, at the end of the day, Rockstar made statements that I want them to hold up to:

"We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone." and "Explore the world solo or with friends."

How Rockstar chooses to accomplish what they said remains to be seen--but I do know what they said the game was going to be. And that's the only reason I purchased RDO. If they had stressed a PvP saturated environment as that other Wild West game did, I would have just avoided it. Those two statements I quoted from their promotional material outline what I expect from the game. So it seems that Rockstar needs to figure out some way to keep the griefers/bullies away from gamers like me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I can't help but think the current state of RD O player base and unhappy players will push R* to rethink its mindset when it comes to RD O.  And this will end up being a good thing in the long run.  And hopefully gets rid of the people in charge of RD O for being completely clueless and bad at their job.

Because if RD O was successful, nothing would change.    Just more of this, for years.

Im literally the only person left out of tons of friends who own this game that still plays RD Online.. And when I say plays it, I mean 1 hour a week.  Compared to end of 2018 and early 2019 when EVERYONE I knew was playing and I was playing this for many hours a week, (Its kind of sad 😪)

I've gone back to single player.  Because I can play FREE AIM in peace, no ability cards..  no bullsh*t.. with a world that actually seems alive and is built around fun. 

 

The end of the BETA is going to be R*s second and probably last chance to really bring players back and keep their attention... And give players what they need instead of what Take Two wants.

 

 

I play online now more than ever and it is mainly due to the decline, fewer players means fewer problems, it is still loaded with plenty of people I wish would get bored and move on, but it gets better everyday.

Trying to get your stuff to the butcher in Tumbleweed is nearly impossible, so the whole lower part of the map is basically off limits, everytime I go to hunt, I end up having to run for my life or lose all my stowed carcasses it isnt even worth the trip anymore.

Ill be glad when they implement this hostilely system but until then, at least in a few corners of the map you can still do your thing without people distracting you from what you are trying to do.

Id like to see the game succeed but they already succeeded with the single player, if they cant get rid of all these red dots and A holes then the online part will never be fun except for the people who enjoy ruining every one else's game time, Im watching the numbers decline and loving it.

Ive only this past week had a chance to really play the online like try the pvp games for instance and those are fun, and they beg the question why are people still griefing everyone instead of joining a pvp session where killing is the objective?

Why arent they playing more and why do they find it fun just starting trouble everywhere?

It is a frustrating conundrum.

I was getting bored just grinding for cash but now I am past all that, I hit my goals and bought everything I needed, now I really dont need anything, so I am trying the various games and most are good fun, they really help learn the fighting part well.

The most annoying thing I see is a high level player with two others with him, lower levels, and he is the posse leader, so you might think, ok they will do some caravans or mail deliveries or other stranger missions as a team right?

Nope, just hang around town, wait for unsuspecting players then ambush them for nothing, these people are the real problem.

But I digress I know this has all been addressed and they are working on it.

 

 

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

This games player base is decaying and there no question about it.

From reddit.. to forums, to social media.    Its all there..

 

This game is not running strong.  Its limping along...

This game is not a MMO.. Its an action game where the action barely exist.  


Everyone I know is dying for actual pvp modes..  And they simply got fed up of begging for basic sh*t that should already exist in a R* game.

 

I think people got too excited too quickly and forgot, they arent done, they ran out fo time, this beta thing sucks but it was just to get it out so we coudl start finding bugs while they buy time to actually finish it.

People bailing on it entirely at this point is kind of dumb, I mean take a break sure, come back once a month and check it out, I do think that given the time they need this game will be great, we just need to  be patient and realize everything isnt perfect and wont be until they have had a chance to fix it, threatening them, leaving the game, etc.. isnt going to speed up time, they need time.

The numbers are way down as people in general today have low attention spans, and with so many other games out why not?

as angry as I get at times, I still remember this is a beta lol it is not finished, I cant judge a game based on the performance of a beta.

I wish it were coming together faster but meh, it will in time

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, lumper said:

I play online now more than ever and it is mainly due to the decline, fewer players means fewer problems, it is still loaded with plenty of people I wish would get bored and move on, but it gets better everyday.

Ill be glad when they implement this hostilely system but until then, at least in a few corners of the map you can still do your thing without people distracting you from what you are trying to do.

Id like to see the game succeed but they already succeeded with the single player, if they cant get rid of all these red dots and A holes then the online part will never be fun except for the people who enjoy ruining every one else's game time, Im watching the numbers decline and loving it.

Ive only this past week had a chance to really play the online like try the pvp games for instance and those are fun, and they beg the question why are people still griefing everyone instead of joining a pvp session where killing is the objective?

Why arent they playing more and why do they find it fun just starting trouble everywhere?

Nope, just hang around town, wait for unsuspecting players then ambush them for nothing, these people are the real problem.

 

Griefers are not the problem.   They are the solution to the biggest problem.> Which is boredom.

R* games are known for open world PVP and general ****ery...  The best moments I've had in all R* open world games is fighting against assholes.

Without them.. whats left to do in this game?  Pick flowers?  Kill defenseless animals? 

PVP game modes are not the same as free roam.  Its much more personal type of battle.. Usually against 1 or a group of friends.

 

The current PVP modes also have no real purpose then just shoving players into random pvp game modes..and turn into auto aim wack a mole.

24 minutes ago, lumper said:

 

People bailing on it entirely at this point is kind of dumb, I mean take a break sure, come back once a month and check it out, I do think that given the time they need this game will be great, we just need to  be patient and realize everything isnt perfect and wont be until they have had a chance to fix it, threatening them, leaving the game, etc.. isnt going to speed up time, they need time

 

Free aim and private lobbies is not something that requires much effort on R* side.  They've existed for over 10 years now.

If all this game has to offer is ONE lobby type.. that caters to auto aim players that dislike PVP.   Then I have no real reason to play this game.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again i dont see hos the New hostility system is gonna fix some sort of griefing problem wich i personally dont se as a problem at all,,, parley move on if you dont wanna have a gunfight. Dropping numbers may be cool for those whom still play but less players, less money, no future. And with the half ass job they done so far i wouldnt get my hopes up.... 5 months develepment and de got a pair of socks for 2gb now that is just pathetic. I have been patient but not anymore, i expect a better job from a big company like that. Just my personal opinion thats all and i will gladly move on to new games without turning back when that time comes. Love you all ❤🙏 

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Griefers are not the problem.   They are the solution to the biggest problem.> Which is boredom.

And that's just why Rockstar needs to step in, because we as players can't even agree on what the biggest problem is.

For me, it has been griefers and has been since day one. That has been the major complaint since the beta started. I've yet to be bored by what I can do in this game but I am ticked off when some griefer pops me when I'm spawning in, fishing or running to the butcher with a pig in my arms.

Offensive/defensive, which Rockstar is promoting, doesn't seem like a reaction to boredom but to griefing (unless, of course, it is as worthless as those colored blips).

When the money glitch popped up, Rockstar stepped in pretty quickly to stop it. With so many players using the passive glitch to play peacefully (not because they're bored but because they don't want to be bullied), I'm surprised that Rockstar doesn't make more of an effort to stop it. The fact that so many players do it makes me wonder if Rockstar turns a blind eye because they know the system isn't working quite as it should.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well im bored and have been so for over 4 months doing the handfull mail missions etc. But i guess i am the only one. Its a kick ass hunting simulator i gotta give em that but nothing i find fun at all, i wanna be a cowboy and rob sh*t, shoot dudes and do stuff i cant do in real life. And if there already is a passive glitch then whats all the fuzz about ? Problem solved focus on stuff to do, peace 👍

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Renascent said:

You must not know very many people then.

I feel the player base is fluctuating, not necessarily dying/decaying.

It's an mmo whether you want to call it that or not. Maybe not traditional but still.

You believe everything you read on the internet don't ya? Everyone jumping on the doom and gloom bandwagon cuz it's the in thing to do.

the online is decaying. majority of rdr1 players refuse to play it because of the many issues. hunting nerfs and not listening to players feed back lost more. rstar need to do something or it will decay further. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...