Bounty Hunter Bugs? Ranking Up ETC

PVPNOOB

Good Evening all, I am just wondering if any of you are having a problem of only being awarded gold and nothing else on some bounties? I have also checked I am choosing the $$$ ones and still so many times I am only getting 0.32 gold, no XP or cash. Another thing is me and my friend get entirely different payouts, today my friend got $70 for the legendary bounty and I got $39, I also own the Outlaw Pass and was Posse Leader, my friend does not own the Outlaw Pass.

Also, is it just me but it seems to take forever to Rank Up, I can grind flat out for like 12 hours and barely make 2 Ranks, which begs the question, how on earth are there Rank 400s? I try so hard and put so much effort in with missions but I do not seem to be making as much progress as I would like to at all, I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to get my Rank up.

As always, a massive thanks to any advice.

I am having so much trouble trying to deliver a live bounty.  I have succeeded maybe twice.  They break loose and run away.  I have been 20 feet away from the delivery circle when the timer ran out several times.  So frustrating.  Think I will just start killing them.

54 minutes ago, parkenman said:

I am having so much trouble trying to deliver a live bounty.  I have succeeded maybe twice.  They break loose and run away.  I have been 20 feet away from the delivery circle when the timer ran out several times.  So frustrating.  Think I will just start killing them.

Hi parkenman, 

I use to have the same problem until i popped and bought the reinforced lasso. Idk if you have the reinforced lasso or not bud but you have a less likely chance that your bounty will escape with it. Id suggest spending the coin to get the reinforced lasso if you dont already have it. 

1 minute ago, Darklotus760 said:

Hi parkenman, 

I use to have the same problem until i popped and bought the reinforced lasso. Idk if you have the reinforced lasso or not bud but you have a less likely chance that your bounty will escape with it. Id suggest spending the coin to get the reinforced lasso if you dont already have it. 

Ok.  Can this be purchased from the catalog?  Where can I buy it?  Does it require a level to unlock?

Bounty Hunter is the slowest role to rank up on but what you're saying doesn't sound right. XP & $ payout seems to be relative to time taken on the mission and possibly distance travelled. You should be getting at least 3-400 BH XP per bounty. Cash payouts are rubbish, normally only about $15 (not much more than stranger encounters which normally take a few seconds to complete).

What rank are you currently at? If you're below about 150 then in 12 hours you should be making more than a couple of levels. I focus on the daily challenges and do pretty well on XP just by doing those.

12 hours ago, PVPNOOB said:

... I am only getting 0.32 gold, no XP or cash...

Each time BH mission starts by black screen and teleportation u would not get any rewards except gold. It known bug.

Edited by Feorh

5 hours ago, Feorh said:

Each time BH mission starts by black screen and teleportation u would not get any rewards except gold. It known bug.

A bug that is terrible, imo.

Just started Bounty Hunting this past weekend, and had the same problem.  Got to Rank 1.5, and then didn't receive any XP for the next six or seven missions I did.  

RDO online has enough problems without throwing gas on the fire like this.  Bugs like this are inexcusable and need to be addressed with smaller hotfixes as opposed to larger patches.

Bounties are kinda buggy now. The Legendary seems to be the only one that constantly pays. 

IF your bounties keep escaping, use the reinforced lasso and also knock them out. You can kick them in the head to knock them out without killing them. Females take one kick and males take 3-4. You will know you did it right because you will get 5xp for " Knockout". 

Bounty Hunter was the first role I hit 20 on. I really enjoyed it. Wish it was more than 20 levels. Now walking around with a metal detector and digging holes is torture for me! 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

2 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

A bug that is terrible, imo.

Just started Bounty Hunting this past weekend, and had the same problem.  Got to Rank 1.5, and then didn't receive any XP for the next six or seven missions I did.  

RDO online has enough problems without throwing gas on the fire like this.  Bugs like this are inexcusable and need to be addressed with smaller hotfixes as opposed to larger patches.

fyi....  I'm not making excuses for hte bugs but they have been implementing hotfixes.  There was one pushed to us last week and then the ones we may not know about on their side that don't require us to download.

I can't stress enough however that folks should be reporting these issues to R* even if they are known issues.  Keep the pressure up.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

IF your bounties keep escaping, use the reinforced lasso and also knock them out. You can kick them in the head to knock them out without killing them. Females take one kick and males take 3-4. You will know you did it right because you will get 5xp for " Knockout

My penchant for chucking dynamite at clusters of targets sort of precludes my ability to use a lasso.

On the bright side, a corpse never runs away.

Yeah its pretty broken ATM, I don't think it would be that hard to rank up without the XP issue, live bounties can be 300+ XP, Also I recommend doing the legendary bounty for ranking up, it seems to not be as broken as normal bounties and gets you at least 650 rank XP, Also bounty challenges give you 200XP, if you can get them to work 

The fact that I reported this bug to R* today makes this one nasty bug in RDO.  Did about 25 bounties, only failed in a couple of them, while completing the 3-star legendary bounty and all this equates to bounty hunter level 4 is unacceptable.  Should be at least in the Promising tier by now.

Its no so terrible to rank up in BH i did it solo. The higher rank of it the better missions ull get.

Easiest way need Pose leader with high rank and constant repeat Barbarella Alkazar mission 

4 ppl can go to mission.

I with low lvl BH rank each get more than 1000 role xp  each. Than go to fast travel and look other BH spots for Barbarella or $$$ rank mission between.

in video time anchor on rewards.

Btw it looks like more mission from Saint Denise, Strawberry, Blackwater, Valentine works fine.

But personally i have other kind of bug, each time compleating Barbarella and after using map i have constant crashes of RDR2

it shown on video too.

Edited by Feorh

Had to do about 6 missions in Lemoyne yesterday to get 2 to count for the challenge. Wouldn't mind but about half of them were fade-to-black non-XP paying missions. Seems like Rhodes is worse than St Denis for counting for the challenge, but St Denis is pretty bad for missions not starting correctly? Then took a mission for a gang of 4 but it wasn't going to be worth any XP so I went hunting while the 12 minute timer ran down.

In West Elizabeth I had no trouble at all - took one from a station and another from Strawberry and both counted for the challenge.

Had another resupply mission bug too - Cripps was mute for the cutscene then when he walked off I was just stuck staring at the trader table. Could get into the map but nothing else worked. After about 5 minutes I cut my losses and restarted the game.

Should be fixed

RDR2 Title Update 1.13 Notes (PS4 / Xbox One) [September 24, 2019] General / Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue that resulted in Daily Challenge streaks resetting incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in Bounty Hunter Missions not paying the correct rewards
  • Various stability fixes
  • Various localization/text fixes
Edited by McLawDiz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2