Slow Collector

cpt_hale_storm

I'm at level 13 and 11 for my BH and trader. My collector is at level 3 and I started everything at the same time. I do have a shovel but not high enough for the metal detector. Do I need to start selling cards and eggs or keep them to try to make a set? I've purchased all the maps I can.

What am I doing wrong? Madame Nazar is going to be in the old folks home by the time I get to level 20. If you don't want to give out trade secrets, shoots me a message. I normally run solo so your secret is safe.

Hey guys i found on the net (god bless the net) some magical maps for RDO collector role. Check 'em out i hope it helps. You can see which day is every map as it's written on it. There are 3 rotations so 3 are the maps too. The 3rd is coming in the post below cause maybe you can only up 10mb. Locations of the collectibles are fixed.

Credits: GtaxBarrett

ziAoQ1h.jpg

EOuSV7k.jpg

Edited by Antonia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cpt_hale_storm said:

I'm at level 13 and 11 for my BH and trader. My collector is at level 3 and I started everything at the same time. I do have a shovel but not high enough for the metal detector. Do I need to start selling cards and eggs or keep them to try to make a set? I've purchased all the maps I can.

What am I doing wrong? Madame Nazar is going to be in the old folks home by the time I get to level 20. If you don't want to give out trade secrets, shoots me a message. I normally run solo so your secret is safe.

It's  super easy to level up as a collector. Just keep your eyes and ears open while roaming around doing other activities. Spam eagle eye to look for gold sparkles eminating from collectibles off in the distance and listen for what sounds like a wind chime when you are close to a collectible. Sell any duplicate collectibles to Madam Nazar keeping 1 to go towards completing the set.

1 hour ago, cpt_hale_storm said:

Excellent I had the map for Tue and was looking for these thanks ever so much for sharing 

Selling complete collections will get you good money and about 1500XP per collection. I recommend you do what you can to get the Metal Detector ASAP it will dramatically change how fast you rank up in Collector and position you to collect coins & jewelry that you can not find without it. Good collecting!

• Like 1

If you don't want to use the cheat maps from the internet use the in-game maps bought from Madame Nazar when starting out. Aside from giving you guaranteed collectibles and the XP for finding them, they'll give you an idea of what sort of places to look for other collectibles. I didn't find I needed to spend a lot of time dedicated to collector, just keep your eyes and ears open as you travel around doing other tasks as others have said. As with all the roles, doing the daily challenges is a massive boost to levelling up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

If you don't want to use the cheat maps from the internet use the in-game maps bought from Madame Nazar when starting out. Aside from giving you guaranteed collectibles and the XP for finding them, they'll give you an idea of what sort of places to look for other collectibles. I didn't find I needed to spend a lot of time dedicated to collector, just keep your eyes and ears open as you travel around doing other tasks as others have said. As with all the roles, doing the daily challenges is a massive boost to levelling up.

That's top drawer advice.  I'm pretty new to collecting and was similar to OP - I'm now almost level 20 for both Trader and Bounty Hunter, but only #5 for collector (and got much of that from doing the 'wreck salvage' (or whatever it's called, love those).  Bought four maps from Nazar at the weekend, completed those yesterday, and now I suddenly have a real feel for the sort of place where collectibles might be stashed.  So am gaining Collector xp hand over fist.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, cpt_hale_storm said:

Hey there, so my advice is this.

Just collect as you do other stuff, dont really pay attention to it so much at first, just do it in the background.

Grab anything you encounter, and if you know where an item was once, everytime you go by there, check to see if it is there then.

Grab anything you can find.

Try to get the metal detector as soon as you can.

What I did was collect them until I had mostly full sets, then I used not the above maps, but a video that shows every item category, then time stamped each item depending on which day in the 3 day cycle it happened to be, and I will go out and grab the final 1, 2, or 3 items I need in any given category.

Once you have the full set go see her and sell it.

This week we have 30% boost on role xp and xp in general so it is a good time to do this.

Once you get the detector, and binoculars it is much easier as you just ride around with your detector out while hunting, running missions and doing bounties, always hunt, and collect no matter what else you are doing.

Then  you will have all of your sets near full most of the time, and what I do is before I log off for the day, I look in my satchel to see what I need in my collections.

If I need 1, 2, or 3 items in any given category, then I make a list, go to the video, and grab those final items, then I go see Nazar and sell the sets, this will give you a lot of xp plus cash.

You get 2X for sets thats double the cash for selling a complete set, so adapting a strategy that allows you to not sell individual items will help you a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just work hard on trading and didn’t buy the collector ability until I was at level 9 or 10 as a trader.  I got to level 20 as collector really quick just by pick up stuff as I hunted (still only level 18 trader) and selling a bunch of random stuff to the lady.  I haven’t even had any full collections of anything.  The shovel and metal detector made it really easy to grab random stuff but what really helped was the skill that made the controller vibrate when I got close to collector items. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PepinoGrande said:

I was just work hard on trading and didn’t buy the collector ability until I was at level 9 or 10 as a trader.  I got to level 20 as collector really quick just by pick up stuff as I hunted (still only level 18 trader) and selling a bunch of random stuff to the lady.  I haven’t even had any full collections of anything.  The shovel and metal detector made it really easy to grab random stuff but what really helped was the skill that made the controller vibrate when I got close to collector items. 

@PepinoGrande Other members have mentioned this in other threads, but just to let you know building your collections and selling them will get you double the RDO$ (compared to selling items separately) and 1500 XP when you sell them. When you ride your horse, while doing anything else, with the metal detector in hand you will find lots of coins, jewelry and arrowheads along your journey.

Edited by EaglesLanding
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, PepinoGrande said:

This. Once you unlock the shovel and the skill that makes your controller vibrate when you're near a collectible, and you will literally find stuff everywhere. You'll be riding around doing other work and you'll just find stuff. Everywhere. Plus, LOOT EVERY SINGLE BODY YOU MAKE. You'll frequently find coins, liquor, all kinds of collectibles on them.