I had a solo lobby all day

lumper

I dont know why it happened or what I coudl have done to make it happen, all I did was fast travel to Manzanita post to get something, I noticed I was on the server with one other guy, I checked his gamercard and saw he was in the Grizzlies somewhere, I didnt think much of it.

Ive seen it happen before but usually it lasts about 5 minutes then the server re populates, not today.

Because it never changed I couldnt shut it off, lol I was on alone for over 8 hours.

I killed 6 Grizzlies, 14 wolves, 8 cougars, and countless other things, I actually found the limit for my horse with pelts, its 60.

At 60 it said you cant store any more on your horse, lol

So., I dunno, just thought I would share what happened, I felt very lucky as there were animals everywhere in great numbers, the swamps were like a rain forest untouched, it was crazy!! 

I can only hope it happens again one day, I made a little over $4000.00 and Cripps is still completely stocked when I logged off

, I made most of the money by collecting 16 items I needed to cap off 8 or 9 collections, plus all the hunting along the way.

I need food.

• Like 5

I know exactly what you mean - I was on a server with four other people the other day and whoa, so many animal spawns and there was absolutely ZERO issue setting up my camp (I had fun setting it up wherever I was so that it was easier to get the stuff to Cripps). It was so nice, and I played for much longer than I had originally planned to. I wish it could always be that way, I have zero desire to meet/interact with other players in-game.

6 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

What i would give for that animal mayhem.... :D          I am soooo constantly frustrated with the lack of animals when i need them and hordes of em when im on a timed mission ......

Members have mentioned in another post. If you start a bounty hunter mission, animals will start spawning in again. They go hunting & fill up on animals before completing the mission. Not sure how to work around no animals spawning glitch, if you don’t have the bounty hunter role.

8 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

What i would give for that animal mayhem.... :D          I am soooo constantly frustrated with the lack of animals when i need them and hordes of em when im on a timed mission ......

Im gonna PM you how to do it.

Ive had solo lobbies everyday this week, for over 8 hours yesterday and today, I log off after a while just sick of hunting, lol.

I made 900$ with just deliveries today around collecting, all told I made around $4000 today.

Im up to $13,950 after buying a few saddles I didnt need and some other stuff.

• 2 months later...

Sadly this has ended, I cant make it happen anymore, the other day on its own it just happened though, I was on a server and people just started dropping, it was 19, then 17, 15, 12, and finally 6, at 6 animals were so abundant it was super easy ti fill a wagon with carcasses and move on, I loved it.

It stinks that the game has this issue, from what I can tell, and this is only a guess from a guy who has played everyday except 2 since March 15th 2018, when there are more than 12 payers on a server the animal spawns dwindle until there are nearly none, and then the game is a wasteland, nothing to do, nothing to hunt, no dynamic events, not even that stupid barking dog.

I dont know what it will take for R* to fix this, I suppose a server limit to 12 players would do it but then they would need twice as many servers to accommodate the population of players on a given system.

If something costs R* gold they patch it very quickly, otherwise it can take months and sometimes they never patch it, so it is super frustrating to still be dealing with this, I mean cmon it is the basis of the damn game, a living breathing world that is dynamic and alive, and lately, this is not the case at all, it is a dead land with nothing to do in it.

Still fun to learn how many pelts the horse can carry.  I never knew it was 60 until just now and my character is fairly well rounded.

Thanks for that tidbit... and hope that we to may one day find animals again (very late at night/early morning seems sure thing also).

I had something similar the other day ... did a Black Betty mission and then animals everywhere ... I was all alone .... filled Cripps up... distant deliveries with a large wagon.....then I got cocky and tried a moonshine delivery and got the black loading screen of death ... lol 

I thought the limit for pelts stored on horses was 10?

In any case, this has happened to me before, just in GTA Online. I think I made around a million dollars that night doing activities that would normally have every player in the lobby fighting over. It paid for my Dominator GTX. 😎 God, I love that car, wish I could have it in story mode.

23 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I thought the limit for pelts stored on horses was 10?

In any case, this has happened to me before, just in GTA Online. I think I made around a million dollars that night doing activities that would normally have every player in the lobby fighting over. It paid for my Dominator GTX. 😎 God, I love that car, wish I could have it in story mode.

10 pelts per animal 

20 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

10 pelts per animal 

I didnt pay attention to per animal so it may very well be 10 of a certain animal but I really dont think so, I am pretty sure I have put more than 10 pronghorn and boar pelts on my horse many times, at least I think so, I am goign to try it again and pay attention then next time I have an opportunity to skin 10 of the same animal.

I was playing today and I did a moonshine sale/delivery and it put me into a solo session, then when it was over, it kept me in it!!

I didnt realize it at first then I noticed there were animals everywhere.

I hung in there and did 7 more daily challenges and did a trader sell mission, plus refilled my trader to the brim, twice.

It is so nice when you can hunt, it took no time at all to completely fill up, then I was lucky enough to find a bear I needed, 3 wolves, and then I ran into a big beautiful moose at Hanging dog ranch, I was able to call in a wagon, fill it send it away and then fill my horse too, ahh it felt so good, I really hope they fix this game soon, every once in a while you get a good day and it reminds you of how bad it is broken most days.

Now Im all caught up again, got back to 45 gold, all my horses are level 4, all my new cards are tier 3, I even went and spent 34 gold to decorate my dual Navy Revolvers to put a cherry on top.

Now I am just back to doing daily challenges to get enough gold so in March I will have 200 or more ready for the next role to come along.

Well, I've about had it with this game.  I am sick of playing in a waste land.  I see more players than animals. I try to move to a new session and I get endless spinning wheels, rinse and repeat.  Try a Legendary mission for a solo lobby, birds everywhere, no pelt animals.  I have spent more hours hunting nothing and just getting frustrated and quitting than I have spent enjoying the game.  By far.   And this has been going on for at least two months.  

I tried just losing myself in the moonshine role, since I've completed the others, but it's such a boring, time sink.  First do a mission to reduce the cost.  Then wait 45-60 min for the moonshine to be made.  You literally have to set a timer to go back to the shack just before the moonshine is ready to pick a flavor.  If you do it too early the customers will change after you've already set the flavor.  Or someone else will sell to the customer order you chose if theirs finishes first.  And you're offered a half price sale.  So best to wait until 15 minutes before finished and then pick a customer/flavor.  Wouldn't be so bad if you could hunt for 30-45 minutes while you wait, but most of the time I just spend riding around in the same wasteland again, with nothing to hunt. So, essentially I am sitting around with my thumb up my keaster between moonshine steps the whole way.  What fun. 

Add to that the constant bugs that were introduced since the moonshiner update and it's just not fun anymore. Seriously, every time I play there's some stupid bug.  Weapons disappearing, weapons filling my horse inventory when I left it all in a locker, a bison standing in the field that you can shoot 50 times and he doesn't even move, wardrobe malfunctions, moonshine progress reset to zero, on and on and on... 

I want to just say "Hey, it was a bad night/session. Tomorrow will be better."  But it's not better. Two plus months and every day it's the same frustrating crap.  Why such a crappy attitude?  Because tonight was no different.  Just like last night and the night before.

I've had it with this horsesh!t. 

Edited by Madrigalian
  • Like 1

Yesterday was a disgrace... 3-5 endless loading scenes, had to reboot.. 

servers full = no animals either... 

I really dont care anymore about the snow.. just give me a game i can play, without this endless bug hell.. Its driving me mad, and taking away the fun for the game.. Unfortunatly! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

I really dont care anymore about the snow.. just give me a game i can play, without this endless bug hell.. Its driving me mad, and taking away the fun for the game.. Unfortunatly! 

Game is so broken right now I can’t tell if I hate the snow in RDO or just hate the whole game at the moment. Love the snow in GTAO - I even loaded that up yesterday in disgust at RDO for no other reason than to hoon around in overpowered RWD super cars with next to no grip while being chased by the rozzers. It’s a sad time for RDO at the moment, barely a week after a (potentially) decent and engaging DLC dropped. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Game is so broken right now I can’t tell if I hate the snow in RDO or just hate the whole game at the moment. Love the snow in GTAO - I even loaded that up yesterday in disgust at RDO for no other reason than to hoon around in overpowered RWD super cars with next to no grip while being chased by the rozzers. It’s a sad time for RDO at the moment, barely a week after a (potentially) decent and engaging DLC dropped. 

Agree... on top of that i wanted to try the blizzard that should be in RDO right now, and wanted to visit Valentine.. and what happens? A dedicated Child that just got the game from mom and dad, shooting around with dynamites... sheeez.... just another day in RDO

i Think i Will put the game on hold, till Rockstar put some effort in this buggy game, that indeed got worse after the moonshiner dlc.. right now, its really REALLY broken!