Favorite camp spot?

parkenman

For hunting I like Tall Trees & Big Valley because of the many cougar locations & all the many other animals that spawn around there.

For the Trader delivery, I like Big Valley & South of Tumbleweed. I know how to setup the camp in a certain spot that is extremely close to the short delivery spot & able to deliver the goods in a couple of mins.

• Like 1

Yeah, Big Valley and Tall Trees are great for cougars.  Can't get cougars in Heartlands.  Or bears.  I had a spot in Big Valley once that was great.  Right by the river, good fishing.  Too bad Cripps can't use fish.  I don't like Tumbleweed or anywhere in New Austin because it is so isolated and in the desert.

23 minutes ago, parkenman said:

I don't like Tumbleweed or anywhere in New Austin because it is so isolated and in the desert.

I only use that spot for short deliveries. 

Since I know how to setup a camp in the same spot every time in the picture below. This spot take less than 2 mins to make a delivery. Plus I can recon the area for players before I start the short deliver.

short_delivery_Tumbleweed.png.a81e91be5812c3330e1859f70bd9922d.png

Edited by C20Dragon
correction
  • Like 1

No clear favorite for me, but if I had to pick, I'd say the Hennigan/Great Plains area, with Thieves Landing in particular.

Apart from yesterday after the update, where the camp stayed up pretty much all day through several relogs (only changing locations within the same area a few times,) I've just had to put the camp wherever the game let me set it up after 17 tries. I usually hunt wherever missions/events etc. lead me, though, so then I just fast travel to camp when ready to offload.

There are a few camp spots where it can be a challenge to get your delivery wagon from camp to the nearest road though.

I actually like New Austin's desert areas best - I don't have to worry about crashing into trees or falling off cliffs with the wagon (I'm a terrible wagon driver). And deliveries don't take too long either. I do also kinda like Cumberland Forest tho - the deliveries aren't too complicated there and IF you have animals spawn (I've given up trying to be a trader by now, the game is basically a wasteland, no animals whatsoever except maybe one or two birds), it's a good area for hunting.

• 2 months later...

Any of the cougar spawns are my favorite. I have been using the Roanoke Ridge spawn of late due to everyone using Cholla Springs, Great Plains, and Talk Trees. My newest favorite place to hunt is Big Valley on the westside just east of the Trapper post is. I am able to get cougar spawns there without as much traffic or anything. 

I find it very relaxing to pitch up in Big Valley, there still seem to be a good number of deer up there.  Thing is I do get a fair few griefers coming through - there's a gang hideout and a number of collectibles littered around that area, so it isn't as out of the way as it first appears.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:03 AM, Handsome Jack said:

1. Heartlands Near Emerald Station

2. Big Valley Near Little Creek River

3. Great Plains Near Blackwater

Yup, much like this and then the upper part of Roanoke Valley, west of the river. The western corner of Little Creek River, right beneath the farm is an interesting place to be. Was enough animals to do hunting up here yesterday btw. Upper part of Tall Threes is a good place to hunt and close to my moonshine-cabin.  

On 12/13/2019 at 9:47 PM, C20Dragon said:

Since I know how to setup a camp in the same spot every time in the picture below. This spot take less than 2 mins to make a delivery. Plus I can recon the area for players before I start the short deliver.

How do you set up a camp in the same spot?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, C20Dragon said:

On 3/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, WooDy_1911 said:

How do you set up a camp in the same spot?

There's no guarantee that it will be place in the same spot everytime. But you will get the same area, less than 2 mins for short deliveries.

I marked on the screenshot with a red square. In the red square there's an abandon camp site.  Ride up to the abandon camp & setup your own camp. Your camp has a possibility to spawn where mine is on the screenshots. If you're lucky you will get the short delivery at scratching post which you can finish the delivery is less than 30 seconds or the other delivery is Benedict Points (less than 2 minutes).

As long as you can get your camp to spawn South/under the E in New Austin & West of Benedict Point, you'll get a short delivery of less than 2 minutes. Sometimes the camp will setup by Gaptooth gang hideout which is one of the furthest deliveries or above Tumbleweed.

If I don't get the camp where I want it or too many players in that area. I just switch servers by clicking online in the option & selecting Free Roam in the Main Menu. This will spawn me by the abandon camp in a new server. I just try & setup my camp again.

setup camp here.png

Edited by C20Dragon
correction

I've started to figure out the camp spawn locations as well.  Where the camp spawns depends almost exclusively on where you are when you call for your camp.  So long as the area isn't already taken by other campers.  It took me a while to figure out, but I can now pretty consistently land the camp spot I want every time, so long as it isn't already taken. 

But to do this you have to pay attention to where you are when you call for your camp and then where it spawns.  Move to another area and call the camp again, may have to send it to another state first, and then see where it lands on the next call for camp.  Rinse and repeat until you find the "area" that you need to be in to call a camp to land where you want it. 

In other words, it's not nearly as "random" as you might think. 

For instance, if I want a particular camp spawn in (my secret) area, I know to ride out just north of there, almost to the (my secret) border to call for the camp.  East, West, North, South - Your map position matters when you make the call. 

Obviously, I only have a couple few memorized at this point.  But I keep paying attention to try and add more confirmed areas to get the spawn spots I want to keep coming back to. 

Well, that is, until it just disappears, or crashes, or wont spawn at all, etc,. etc.  Happy Camping! 

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite location now is anywhere near Braithwait Manor to collect these panthers or in the Bayou near Lakay for the other panther spawns. PS_Messages_20200330_183840.thumb.jpg.e37166f526052c11bd12b6cf90dd1e88.jpg

PS_Messages_20200408_165602.jpg

Edited by STN357
Pic edit