high level player rewards

On 1/5/2020 at 12:03 PM, Redstarski said:

Rewards for high lvl players?  They don't need anything really, its like buying a birthday gift for a billionaire, they have everything and if they don't, they just buy it. The only thing that make sense to me is some kind of trophy/clothing item.

In GTA V, R* rewarded my high lvl character with several million in game $, none of my friends got that perk so it is possible that will happen further down the road with RDR2 online.

I mean, this would at least be something. Just give people who reach higher levels special clothing items or like horse skins or something. Nothing has to change stats wise but it would be better than nothing. Outside of playing with friends, I don't see the point of playing the game after I reach level 100.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2020 at 7:33 PM, KVNknowsbest said:

I mean, this would at least be something. Just give people who reach higher levels special clothing items or like horse skins or something. Nothing has to change stats wise but it would be better than nothing. Outside of playing with friends, I don't see the point of playing the game after I reach level 100.

I would be fine with this. Unlocking new content can be mostly cosmetic, you are still getting something. Treasure maps and things I don't care about every so many levels does nothing for me.

• Like 1

Shouldn't their goal be to keep players playing? So it would make sense to have rewards or something if you can level past 100. I mean I know GTA V still has plenty of people playing it which is great but GTA also has a lot more going for it outside of just leveling up. RDR2 online is a bit bland in comparison, at least to me. Still love the game but they need to do something. I mean I already seen a huge drop in online players since the Christmas stuff went away.

RDR2 online is on the air about 14 month now.  It's a beautiful landscape/detail and is for sure atractive. 

Most of the early starters have reached > 100 level. It's up to R*'s creativity/strategy to please > 100 players and/or just starters. You already notice your lvl position in your playerslist. When you join a younger Posse they mostly kick you out as to experienced. So, I'm running just over the map daily, not interested in money and XP anymore and getting very, very bored😴

I want to play an interesting game with challanges/ranking rewards and not just killing players or daily repeating routines out of boredom.  

If R* is n't rewarding our > 100 position this quarter. I strongly consider to quit the game untill they do so. 

Edited by Herta47

Give the highest earning players, in terms of money, a boat pass to Guarma. Make free aim mandatory and get rid of any the assist cards that are in the game. If you die, you get kicked off the island. Form cartels or go it alone. Allow bribes, private bounties or anything else that goes on in a banana republic. Let's see who the biggest badass in the kingdom really is.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, buttlint said:

Give the highest earning players, in terms of money, a boat pass to Guarma. 

That would assume R* can differentiate the honest 139K I have earned vs the players that use game glitches to earn money. If R* can't do that then only cheaters would be able to get the boat.

38 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

That would assume R* can differentiate the honest 139K I have earned vs the players that use game glitches to earn money. If R* can't do that then only cheaters would be able to get the boat.

Then let the cheaters get on the island..............Just dont give them the boat to get back.😉

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, buttlint said:

Then let the cheaters get on the island..............Just dont give them the boat to get back.😉

Nice! Grief the cheaters by making them all get stuck on the Island. No way off. I like the way you think.

• Like 1

In GTA V, I am lvl 393 with over 190 million R* dollars earned, in RDR2 I am lvl 168 with about 30k of R* dollars earned.

Not going to sugar coated it, I play games online daily but I don't smoke cigarettes or snort coke or other nasty stuff so I figure its a benign addiction. The games that I continue to play are ones that change constantly and challenge me, GTA V and RDR2 are my main ones. Those games have strong elements of randomness, you never know what will happen when you go online. Some days there are a ton of asshat griefers making everyone's lives miserable, some days everything is as smooth as silk and there is a feeling of accomplishment. For the most part, I play co-op missions, those are the ones that are random, no two are the same. That is what brings me back to the game not the trinkets, baubles or trophies but not all players are the same, some players need those things.

The problem I think is that in GTA V there were a ton of missions/races/heists at the start but in RDR2 there is a limited number. GTA V benefited from a long developmental history, previous incarnations of the game provided a framework. There doesn't seem to be the same depth of game development with RDR2 and I am not sure there ever will be due to the fact that the PS5 will take up a chunk of R*'s time. It wasn't until GTA V introduced heist missions that the game really took off, RDR2 has introduced roles such as trader, collector, bounty hunter and now moonshiner in an attempt to provide interest.

What it comes down to is personality, some people work to accumulate things and are disappointed when there is nothing left to accumulate, some people work and stay in the moment and enjoy the the journey, its that simple, a new hat/clothes/gun won't solve the problem but it would be nice.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Redstarski said:

In GTA V, I am lvl 393 with over 190 million R* dollars earned, in RDR2 I am lvl 168 with about 30k of R* dollars earned.

Not going to sugar coated it, I play games online daily but I don't smoke cigarettes or snort coke or other nasty stuff so I figure its a benign addiction. The games that I continue to play are ones that change constantly and challenge me, GTA V and RDR2 are my main ones. Those games have strong elements of randomness, you never know what will happen when you go online. Some days there are a ton of asshat griefers making everyone's lives miserable, some days everything is as smooth as silk and there is a feeling of accomplishment. For the most part, I play co-op missions, those are the ones that are random, no two are the same. That is what brings me back to the game not the trinkets, baubles or trophies but not all players are the same, some players need those things.

The problem I think is that in GTA V there were a ton of missions/races/heists at the start but in RDR2 there is a limited number. GTA V benefited from a long developmental history, previous incarnations of the game provided a framework. There doesn't seem to be the same depth of game development with RDR2 and I am not sure there ever will be due to the fact that the PS5 will take up a chunk of R*'s time. It wasn't until GTA V introduced heist missions that the game really took off, RDR2 has introduced roles such as trader, collector, bounty hunter and now moonshiner in an attempt to provide interest.

What it comes down to is personality, some people work to accumulate things and are disappointed when there is nothing left to accumulate, some people work and stay in the moment and enjoy the the journey, its that simple, a new hat/clothes/gun won't solve the problem but it would be nice.

I think the issue is that they want to stick to the times and keep things as real as they can. In GTA V, since it is a modern game, has way more to work with and they aren't afraid to make silly mini games for it. There is a lot to do for a group of friends on there. RDR2 has limited things so once you burn out on everything, it is hard to keep interest.