high level player rewards

So, in a conversation with R* I mentioned that it doesnt seem fair to offer all these discounts on items that many of us who have been around for a while now already own and cant take advantage of like hunting wagons and camp upgrades, when we bought them it was hard to make money, there were no roles, now that it is super easy to earn cash, they discount everything for new players, but what about all of us who already purchased all these things?

I think they should forward us a rebate for the % off of what we paid whenever they run these for one.

But that got me thinking and I had an idea, what about the occasional reward for high level players?

Like how about this, when you hit level 100 and each time you hit another 100 levels you are rewarded with a special coat for your horses unavailable to others lower than lvl 100 or 200 or 300 etc..

so not an advantage of any kind, just bragging rights, you have access to special coats for existing horses when you hit these milestones, like the Missouri Fox Trotter for example, it has two available coats, but what if they added 4 more so every 100 levels you had the option of changing the coat of your horse to a unique otherwise unavailable coat.

Or how about working bandoleers and satchel upgrades, at level 100 you get a working bandoleer that allows you to carry more ammo, 10 more rounds than usual and at lvel 200 you get 20 more and level 300 you get 30 more, all the way up to level 500.

So although not an advantage per say a convenience if you took the time to grind out those levels.

I get it they want to attract new players and help them get started, but we got started when it was beta, we ground up when there was litle to do and it was hard to earn any real money.

I have a whole pile of discounts I earned in this last membership club thing, but I already purchased everything they apply too, they are useless to me, yet I earned them same as everyone else, shouldnt we get a reward as well?

I just think if there was more to offer players who have ranked up a lot it would be one more thing to keep them in the game and give them some incentive to keep leveling up.

they could use maybe new ability cards you get per 100 levels, new horses, new clothing, and weapons, or weapon customization's, etc..

What do you think?

It just irritates me that I have a discount for camp upgrades when I already purchased all the camp upgrades and I cant use it, or a rebate for items we already own would be nice, but I think high level items to justify grinding after level 100 should be a thing, even if they are cosmetic.

Just my opinion anyway.

• Like 4

I couldn’t agree more ... was thinking something along those same lines... we should get something in place of the things we obviously can’t use... I kind of understand them helping new players rank up quicker than we did to keep them interested but at the same time you can’t turn your back on those who grinded it out for everything ....

Sounds like a great idea to me.  

Having some special things that could say "I've been here a long time" would be great.  No advantages, but like you said "bragging rights".

As far as a perk, I've always thought "I'm level 168, I've bonded 8 horses, can I just pay to level 4 bond one now?"

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Sounds like a great idea to me.  

Having some special things that could say "I've been here a long time" would be great.  No advantages, but like you said "bragging rights".

As far as a perk, I've always thought "I'm level 168, I've bonded 8 horses, can I just pay to level 4 bond one now?"

Or perhaps even be able to at least start out at a lev 2 or 3 bond when you purchase it ... the ability to buy a horse that doesn’t take that long to garner your trust ...; I’m right there with you ... 

7 hours ago, lumper said:

I just think if there was more to offer players who have ranked up a lot it would be one more thing to keep them in the game and give them some incentive to keep leveling up.

I think they intend on adding a lot more but because of the bugs and issues they have been having, they kind of got delayed and pushed back. Think of everything they did with GTA V. Give them some time to add more.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t expect an in-game rebate from R* any more than I’d expect a real-world rebate from Sony for dropping their console prices several years after release. As an early adopter of anything you have to accept that you’ll be paying over the odds, that’s just the way it is. The in-game money would mean nothing to me now anyway.

I understand what you’re saying about rewards for higher-rank players but we’re not really of any interest to R* - they’ve had our money so they’re going to chase new money. They only care that overall player numbers remain at a good level or increase and, given how they’ve screwed themselves as far as players needing to make micro transactions, new/casual players are where they’re going to make their money and keep their numbers up. Anybody that is rank 150+ they can pretty much guarantee they can continually pique interest just with the odd new DLC.

• Like 1

what about the mystery reward? what's that thing? it says to use it on tailor or general but i can't find anything there to unlock. is this something that will be available in a future release? it says that it is a future item...

Screenshot 2019-12-22 12-16-19.jpg

On 12/21/2019 at 10:35 PM, Mr. Bohannon said:

Or perhaps even be able to at least start out at a lev 2 or 3 bond when you purchase it ... the ability to buy a horse that doesn’t take that long to garner your trust ...; I’m right there with you ... 

LOL, I hear ya leveling up horses can be a pain, I just finished both the level 20 Roadsters, they are now both level 4, but I just did daily challenges two ddays in a row or each horse to do it, so I didnt even really notice how long, I just made sure to stay focused on my daily and with a Nocodolches saddle on there I woudl go top speed from thing to thing til I was done, I really dont mind the bonding process so much now that I have the max number of horses, I alwasy have 6 or 7 already done so if I need one in a pinch they are ready to go.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:06 AM, CosmoKramer said:

I wouldn’t expect an in-game rebate from R* any more than I’d expect a real-world rebate from Sony for dropping their console prices several years after release. As an early adopter of anything you have to accept that you’ll be paying over the odds, that’s just the way it is. The in-game money would mean nothing to me now anyway.

I understand what you’re saying about rewards for higher-rank players but we’re not really of any interest to R* - they’ve had our money so they’re going to chase new money. They only care that overall player numbers remain at a good level or increase and, given how they’ve screwed themselves as far as players needing to make micro transactions, new/casual players are where they’re going to make their money and keep their numbers up. Anybody that is rank 150+ they can pretty much guarantee they can continually pique interest just with the odd new DLC.

Well, you are right, which is why I brought it up, no I dont think they woudl rebate us anything either but when you want something always ask for three things and make two of them just out of reach, lol.

However many stores do offer 60 day price comparisons, if you buy an item and it goes on sale next week or in three weeks at a competitor or at that store they offer you a rebate, happens all the time, so it is not that unheard of.

All I really want to see is mostly cosmetic, like gun variants you can only get after 100 levels, or horse skins, wagon customization's, new camp flags, etc...

So not to give a player any real advantage although I do think the bandoleer and satchel upgrades per 100 levels woudl be justified and there is nothing wrong with being able to carry more ammo or more supplies because you earned that right by making that far in the game, and this would motivate others to keep grinding if this is something they really want.

as a convenience it would be nice, to be able to carry more big game meat or more ammo than others, so we dont have to refill as often, so yeah an advantage in a way but more of an earned convenience .

On 12/22/2019 at 7:17 AM, NeKryXe said:

what about the mystery reward? what's that thing? it says to use it on tailor or general but i can't find anything there to unlock. is this something that will be available in a future release? it says that it is a future item...

Screenshot 2019-12-22 12-16-19.jpg

I am not sure what these are, I have a few of them, I figured maybe something that will come out later on in another update perhaps?

It does say "Future" reward.

Edited by lumper

I know we pay 40 gold for the 2nd Outlaw Pass but in the 100 levels, you get that back and more plus there is some cool stuff as well. I agree some of the offers are useless to higher ranking players but at the end of the day they are costing us nothing, so it's a win win situation. On PC I am only level 14 I think and the Outlaw Pass is great for my character and remember that the pass was released for new players on PC but they had to give console players it as well as there would of been uproar about it.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:50 AM, LordOdin61 said:

I know we pay 40 gold for the 2nd Outlaw Pass but in the 100 levels, you get that back and more plus there is some cool stuff as well. I agree some of the offers are useless to higher ranking players but at the end of the day they are costing us nothing, so it's a win win situation. On PC I am only level 14 I think and the Outlaw Pass is great for my character and remember that the pass was released for new players on PC but they had to give console players it as well as there would of been uproar about it.

This is Outlaw Pass number 2 ... meaning there was one before the pc gamers and there will be another one after March..... R* did the same thing with GTAO ... it’s a way to help the new game owners of all platforms rank up and get the good stuff quicker so they don’t feel so far behind .... I get it but it does suck somewhat for those of us who have worked our butts off to get the stuff..... on top of that there are many noobs that get all this and all they do is shoot up the damn NPC’S in the towns ... 

Huh.. they should have given the PC players outlaw pass 1 first and then 2 right after or something... its not cross compatible so I dont see it as unfair.

I LOVE your idea of giving high level benchmark awards.. If only an ornamental upgrade as you suggested.  

A bigger horse at every 100th level... or something silly like really really tall hats.. anything would be nice... an end of the world sandwich board costume.. anything.  Although too many costume this could get awfully fortnite quickly.

Until they fix the animals.. I feel sorry for new players.  I started game on day one and we had much to hunt back then... not now.

I like anything that can set griefers back but the game has already given me such tools (explosive ammo and experiences, etc)

Edited by Darconios
36 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I got a feeling that it will not be super easy to make money once the game become popular. I think they will start pricing things in an effort to get more people to buy Gold Bars. 

More popular?  The game has been out for over a year.  I'd also say it's relatively popular already and the current economy is the result of tweaks they've already made along the way.  In fact, they made drastic changes early on in the beta because of the cost of in-game items were too high. 

Also, any items locked behind GBs are essentially cosmetic.  .....and gamers love their cosmetics these days.  If anything, I think they will continue to add more items people can buy with gold like that to encourage more GB purchases.  I don't think they would necessarily screw with the in-game economy so that it's harder to make money in regards to progression.  That would further discourage any new players just joining the game who have to start from scratch in a game world that is much bigger content wise than it was a year ago.  .....many more things to spend money and gold on.  That in itself will encourage some to buy GBs.

As for high level rewards, players that spend a lot of time in RDO are already richly rewarded IMO.  While they haven't been able to benefit from all bonuses offered, there have plenty of giveaways of free in-game cash / gold, payout/XP multipliers, etc.  People that don't play RDo frequently miss out on a lot of that.  

.......but yeah, special outfits, special gun skins and cosmetic stuff like that, why not.  It's a really popular thing these days and if it makes higher level players happy to have them, I think they should consider it as an incentive to keep them playing especially since there are no more unlocks after a certain point.

• Like 2

Yeah its a little sad that we dont get rewards for reaching levels like 300 and higher. Im one of those players - i play a lot, played since february 2019. Im not into cosmetic stuff that much and i would really like to see some ammo capacity and magazine upgrades for high level players. Something like Lumper said about the amount of ammo that you can carry and special upgrades to weapons like magazine capacity upgrade - that would be cool and give lower level players incentive to lvl. Well , maybe someday. 

Also i would be happy to see horses or property to buy that cost a lot of money. High level players have loads of money and no way to spend it. Would be cool to know that i grinded all my cash for something. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yeah its a little sad that we dont get rewards for reaching levels like 300 and higher. Im one of those players - i play a lot, played since february 2019. Im not into cosmetic stuff that much and i would really like to see some ammo capacity and magazine upgrades for high level players. Something like Lumper said about the amount of ammo that you can carry and special upgrades to weapons like magazine capacity upgrade - that would be cool and give lower level players incentive to lvl. Well , maybe someday. 

Also i would be happy to see horses or property to buy that cost a lot of money. High level players have loads of money and no way to spend it. Would be cool to know that i grinded all my cash for something. 

i agree, but suggest > 100 every 50 lvl's to keep players hungry to reach it. I suggest a special MEMBERSHIP 100 PASS. That's a very easy implementation. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, KVNknowsbest said:

There really ain't too much going on when you get higher leveled, is there? I am getting to a point where I am not really getting rewarded for gaining levels like I once did.

> 100 are n't any level up rewards.

Edited by Herta47

Personally, I don't like the the idea of awarding high level players with more ammo, higher capacity on their weapons, etc.  .....things that essentially give them even more of an advantage over lower level players.  In that regard, I think R* did it right and I understand their reasoning for it. 

I mentioned it before but loyal players that spend a lot of time in the game are already rewarded for their persistence with bonuses like mission multipliers, freebies, challenges, etc. that others who don't frequent RDO miss out on.   They are also making way more money and gold than other players do and yeah, they work for it.  ........but that's what it's about IMO.  Putting in the effort.

Again, I think cosmetic or "prestige" items are fine.  .......or even more in-game cash / gold rewards to buy more / new items.  For instance, the treasure maps awarded every 5 lvls could be enhanced with much bigger payouts at certain milestones in leveling.  

IMO, they could do more for loyal players but I understand why they don't do some of things being asked here.

• Like 1

I agree 100%, something needs to be done for us that have been around from the beginning. At least let us use all those "discount" rewards as a "rebate" coupon, that would be awesome but even then that just gives a bunch of money we have nothing to spend it on. I'm finding it harder and harder to log in each day. 30k cash to blow and nada to blow it on, camp spawn bug still in effect along with all the other bugs they brought in with moonshiners. Before long this game may only be played by "new" players

• Like 1
13 hours ago, CaptainWildMan said:

I agree 100%, something needs to be done for us that have been around from the beginning. At least let us use all those "discount" rewards as a "rebate" coupon, that would be awesome but even then that just gives a bunch of money we have nothing to spend it on. I'm finding it harder and harder to log in each day. 30k cash to blow and nada to blow it on, camp spawn bug still in effect along with all the other bugs they brought in with moonshiners. Before long this game may only be played by "new" players

I play since introduction and have enough cash to buy a hole city. So @Kean_1's remark to enhance bigger treasure map payouts does n't interest me. I have almost all weapons/camp/shack upgrades and a more then enough cloth. So, money and XP does n't interest me. My only reward is earn/buy/upgrade high level-related weapon/horse advantages. 

If R* does n't come up with practical high level advantages in due course I loose interest as a true daily player!

BUT MOST IMPORTANT I WISH EVERYBODY A HAPPY NEW YEAR😂

Edited by Herta47
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Herta47 said:

I play since introduction and have enough cash to buy a hole city. So @Kean_1's remark to enhance bigger treasure map payouts does n't interest me. I have almost all weapons/camp/shack upgrades and a more then enough cloth. So, money and XP does n't interest me. My only reward is earn/buy/upgrade high level-related weapon/horse advantages. 

If R* does n't come up with practical high level advantages in due course I loose interest as a true daily player!

I'm not saying that suggestion specifically needs to be implemented. I'm just spitballin' ideas of other incentives besides gameplay advantages like higher ammo caps, etc. that can give high lvl players an advantage over everyone else. 

I'm saying that I get why R* doesn't offer that and glad they don't to be honest. ......but there's could be alternatives for incentives like cosmetics and such.  As for more money, they could have more things to spend it on to pique people's interest.  

....and Happy New Year to you too.  :)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Herta47 said:

so true!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I'm not saying that suggestion specifically needs to be implemented. I'm just spitballin' ideas of other incentives besides gameplay advantages like higher ammo caps, etc. that can give high lvl players an advantage over everyone else. 

I'm saying that I get why R* doesn't offer that and glad they don't to be honest. ......but there's could be alternatives for incentives like cosmetics and such.  As for more money, they could have more things to spend it on to pique people's interest.  

....and Happy New Year to you too.  :)

w/o sounding petty I just want to be able to buy something that only us grinders can get due to our bank accounts and everyone else covets and yearns for- I want to feel special dag nab it lol- cheers to a happy new year and decade y'all!!

• Like 2
On 12/30/2019 at 10:43 AM, Herta47 said:

> 100 are n't any level up rewards.

Seriously?? So once I hit 100, that is it? I had no idea it was set so low. It seems a bit odd you can level past this then. I mean I guess it keeps people playing but really, does nothing for game play in my book. 

19 minutes ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Seriously?? So once I hit 100, that is it? I had no idea it was set so low. It seems a bit odd you can level past this then. I mean I guess it keeps people playing but really, does nothing for game play in my book. 

You can still play the new content that comes out and participate in the rewards, challenges, XP/$ multipliers, etc.  ......and you still get the treasure maps every few levels.

4 minutes ago, Jammin Jim said:

Have they ever addressed this? Like the fact that leveling doesn't really do much after 100? 

I mean I think GTA V was the same way wasn't it? After you hit a certain level, nearly everything is unlocked. 

Yup. GTAO is essentially the same as are their reasons I suspect.

• Like 1

Rewards for high lvl players?  They don't need anything really, its like buying a birthday gift for a billionaire, they have everything and if they don't, they just buy it. The only thing that make sense to me is some kind of trophy/clothing item.

In GTA V, R* rewarded my high lvl character with several million in game $, none of my friends got that perk so it is possible that will happen further down the road with RDR2 online.