The online game is quickly losing its appeal for me.

The game has been extra buggy and filled with hackers this week (I play on PC).

Several times this week, I've been pulled away from whatever I was doing and spawned into a random spot on the map, along with half a dozen other players, and blown up with dynamite. A few times I've been riding along and spontaneously combust, get tossed into the air multiple times and the death screen says I killed myself by "falling".

This morning, a player spawned right next to me and started shooting. I respawned, shot him several times in the head and didn't hurt him at all. He disappeared & I thought he left the server, but 15 minutes later he does the same thing. He had apparently pulled another player into the same spot and was fighting him, so I sniped him with the rolling block (I accidentally killed the player he was fighting. Kinda felt bad about that). I know I got several headshots on him, but his apparent godmode saved him again, so I said screw it and logged off for a while.

None of these events really bother me all that much (the godmode does a bit, because I had no chance of fighting back), but it seems to be happening more & more. This is the first R* game I've played, but I've heard about some crazy things that happen in GTA, and it's obvious the same is happening to RDO.

As for the bugs, they have all been with the camp. I always choose the camp option when entering free roam, and it's nearly always spawned correctly, but I don't think it's worked but a few times this week. Of course, I can pay $2 to pitch it, but having to do that every time I log in pisses me off. I've even spawned into other players camps a few times.

A few times, I've spawned into my camp, only to have Cripps pack it up a few minutes later and force me to pay to pitch it again. Always nice to see Cripps just wander off into the woods. The camp doesn't disappear, but I can't interact with anything until I spend $2 to reset it. Of course, it gets pitched in another location, as well.

This morning I spawned into my own camp. Everything seemed fine, so I rode off to complete the daily Trader missions, but when I went back to camp, it was nowhere to be seen. The map icon was there, and the menu said it was up, but it apparently had a cloaking device.

I haven't played much of the story mode, so I think I'll play that out for now. As for online, I'm only going to do a daily or two to keep my streak going. I might stick to collecting, too. Don't need a camp for that and I can make some cash until R* gets the bugs sorted. I may be a millionaire before that happens, though.

Sorry for the long rant. I know most of you have put up with bugs for a lot longer than I have. If you read it, I'd love to hear any thoughts on bugs & hacking.

• Like 4

Howdy doc ! Your not alone in these issues. Day 1 beta player on ps4 and I can tell ya Its extremely broken right now. There was a parlay glitch that would allow players to remain ghosted but could kill you ! There was no defence against this exept jump server. I highly recommend getting yourself imursed in story mode untill they make drastic changes. Its worth your time trust me. Happy trailes partner ! Enjoy your game time. 

• Like 1

theres no such thing as '' godmode '' theres abilities which reduce damage taken , by exemple iron lung which incease your defense depending on your stamina level ( eat a lvl 4 big game minty meat for health and 1 for stamina ) let me tell you you will have great defense , then a special miracle tonic lvl 2 boost to all. ,  add to that the dead eye Slow and steady ( headshot doesnt kill you outright ) as long he can drink tonic , keep his dead eye up , he wont die from headshot  , id suggest to use fire ammo , with bow and paint it black , 2 arrow it over , also ability fool me once effective , strange medicine to gain health everytime you do damage. even without all this i dont die unless 2 explosive ammo hit me , your issue is slow and steady headshot tanking , slippery bastard can deal with it

57 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

theres no such thing as '' godmode ''...

He's on PC. People are using mods / hacks to grief players and it's apparently out of control to some extent on that platform.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

He's on PC. People are using mods / hacks to grief players and it's apparently out of control to some extent on that platform.

Which is why I will never play an online game on PC unless it's co-op PvE like Diablo.

• Like 3

(xb1) I recently took a few days off from the game, due to the bugs .

Only to log on last night and experience problem after problem after problem. (Bugs, not griefers)  All of us just logged off after about an hour in total defeat. 

Maybe a loooong break and a revisit to story mode is needed for me as well. 

Edited by Freakshow9191
17 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Which is why I will never play an online game on PC unless it's co-op PvE like Diablo.

I understand that. I haven't owned a console, but I've never been interested in modern PvP games like CoD & such, so I haven't really experienced the mods & hacks that go along with them. I initially bought RDR2 for the story mode, but found Online to be a lot of fun, so I've been playing that mostly.

Other than the godmode thing, the hacks I've been involved with so far are actually kind of funny, but apparently there are others that can cause some real damage (deleting money, etc.). Hopefully R* gets a handle on it, as it's not something I want to experience daily.

It is increasingly becoming frustrating. Between the broken parts of the game and the modders, it makes it hard to enjoy it. I still find times where I do but they don't last. Either I find a lobby with only one or two other people then get redirected to a full lobby after doing a mission or some kind of bug or issue makes the game unplayable and I have to restart the game and hop back online. 

The original Red Dead Redemption had an entirely different way of handling the online part of the game. They kept the stats of the players and put them on daily leaderboards. The original was probably just as buggy, had just as much griefing and just as many problems but I had 10x the fun playing online.

The various leaderboards allowed players to find the parts of the game that they may have been better at than others. If you happened to suck at quick draw events but excelled at racing events, you could concentrate on what you liked best. Even if you were ranked 15,297th in the world, there was still the motivation to become 15,296. It also kept online lip service to a minimum. All you had to do is look up the stats and you could tell what was BS and what wasnt. Bragging rights were a good motivator.

This version......Ho Hum. If the only reason I have to log on is to do my daily (eat 5 cans of beans) it makes it pretty hard to justify. Sporting a level 5 belt buckle for flower collecting certainly doesnt impress the ladies when I am strutting down the streets of St. Denis.

The original online version still exists. (10 years) That makes me think that it was pretty good model for what works. I logged on to it a couple months ago. Granted, it looked dated but everything worked. The servers werent crowded but I did manage to play some poker with a couple of North Korean soldiers and met a nice Inuit lady from Greenland. It was also free to play with no Sony or Xbox fees to play. (Direct Rockstar servers) I was a bit disappointed that there were no gold bars available so I could buy my guy a sweet skull and bones pinky ring but you cant have everything.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really have many issues people complain about online as per the game itself but I will admit, there have been times when modders and hackers have really gotten under my skin. I have done some reports for these players and I still see them from time to time online which makes me wonder if they are really doing anything about it.