Why didn't they go back and bury Jake Adler?

This is something that just dawned on me. Don't you think it would have been a nice gesture toward Sadie? Maybe kill some more O'Driscolls who showed up to check on their buddies to add some excitement for the player, then bury Jake and have a little funeral? Instead, they just left him laying in that cart and that was it. Not even Sadie mentions anything about it.

Edited by Parzival

I never got that either cause that was like customary of the times. It just seemed odd nothing came of it. Maybe it was a detail Rockstar overlooked or something. I remember reading something about this on reddit I think it was. Someone mentioned this and said this might be where they introduce Undead Nightmare II. I can't remember all the details to his explanation but it is very unlikely anyways.

20 hours ago, mizTik said:

this might be where they introduce Undead Nightmare

13 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Something happened, because the corpse isn’t there - just a suspiciously tidy cart...

I can see where that guy got the idea from now. Seems strange.

Thought remember, there were areas where dead bodies were kind of being used for different things so maybe someone just took the body to experiment on with stuff?

On 2/5/2020 at 2:25 AM, Parzival said:

Not to mention, scavenger animals will make quick work of corpses in the wild. Except Micah's, since he's so hated that even they won't move his corpse.

This is what I thought happened. Animals likely got the body. I mean that makes sense for the area back in the day. TONS of wild animals were always looking for an easy meal. Even if they don't have them in the game online... lol

10 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

This is what I thought happened. Animals likely got the body. I mean that makes sense for the area back in the day. TONS of wild animals were always looking for an easy meal. Even if they don't have them in the game online... lol

No animals in online? Is this true?  I've only played story mode.

14 hours ago, Tater said:

No animals in online? Is this true?  I've only played story mode.

For some players, yeah. Some people get them on and off, some people say spawns are very minimal. I have heard of lobbies not having anything, even birds. They mentioned something about fixing it so we'll see. Never used to be like this. 

• Like 1
On 2/10/2020 at 1:30 AM, Tater said:

Playing tonight, I happened to end up right near that area (in chapter 3 now). I'm gonna check it out tomorrow night and see if I missed anything there.

I am curious if you found anything. It just seems weird to leave the dead body and not a trace of anything is left behind. At least they could have shown some bones or something.

1 hour ago, Anc1entC0re said:

I am curious if you found anything. It just seems weird to leave the dead body and not a trace of anything is left behind. At least they could have shown some bones or something.

I found some jewelry in there. Sorry for forgot to post back about it. There was also a stranger mission right near there. Two guys living in a cabin and one is lost in the snow storm...