Jump to content

Unlock The Stone Hatchet For Red Dead Redemption 2 In GTA Online Now


NewsBot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Data miners recently revealed a new cross-promotion between Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto Online by digging through the game files of the newest DLC of the latter game, and now Rockstar has triggered said event.

Players can unlock a new melee weapon, the Stone Hatchet, in both games after completing a short event.

GTA Online players will be contacted by Maude Eccles, who returns from GTA 5's story mode, to hunt down a series of targets. This hearkens back to her role in the story, where she provides protagonist Trevor Phillips with optional bounty missions.

Once players complete all the bounties, she provides them with the location of the weapon, allowing them to unlock it in GTA Online.

To unlock it in Red Dead Redemption 2, however, you'll need to go the extra mile and undertake the Kills Challenge. Upon getting 25 kills with the Hatchet, you earn GTA$ 250,000 and unlock the weapon in Red Dead Redemption 2. Too easy right!?

hatchet-weapon-800x367.jpg

In order to actually make use of the unlock, you need to make sure you link up with the same Social Club account when it comes to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. The same is true of the other cross-promotion weapon, the Double-Action Revolver, though in that case you only get a weapon skin.

Speaking of, the Double-Action Revolver's scavenger hunt event is coming back to GTA Online alongside the Stone Hatchet, so if you missed out on that before, now is your chance to unlock it. It too comes with a GTA$ bonus, and both challenges count PED kills making them rather trivial.

The Stone Hatchet also comes with a special enrage ability, giving the player a damage reduction and health regeneration buff. This lapses quickly, however racking up kills will extend it, allowing you to go on a rage-filled spree.

reddeadgun-800x450.jpg

Whether this ability will carry over to Red Dead Redemption 2 is unknown for now, but it would certainly make using the Hatchet a whole lot of fun and provided this really is the only way to unlock it, such a strong ability would truly make it feel like an 'exclusive' item.

We're guessing this won't be the last cross-promo between the two games, so keep an eye out for future discoveries.

The post Unlock The Stone Hatchet For Red Dead Redemption 2 In GTA Online Now appeared first on RDR2.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played GTA not too long ago with friends, maybe a few weeks back. I really had no intentions of playing again but they suckered me into it. If they are giving away free stuff you can use in RDR2, best believe I am going to log on and get it! Glad the event is short. I'll probably do it later tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I tried to get this godforsaken thing last night. Took forever. I was capturing each bounty instead of killing them. The 5th and final bounty I decide I’m gonna wack. I’m choosing my weapon while he’s about 100 ft from me. Suddenly, his marker (red arrow above his head) disappears and he just walks off. I pistol whipped him. He fell and then got up and walked away nonchalant. followed him for a bit, him completely unaware of me unlike the other 4 bounties who tried to fight me.  And that was that. Stayed online for another 30 minutes for another bounty and it never came. So...no hatchet? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday I captured the 5 bounties, killed 25 people, and completed the challenge.  Also got the $ reward for finishing it.  

 

Sorry the challenged glitched on ya CMCC.  Maybe if you log on again it will reset?  The captures are only $10k a piece so I think your idea of just blasting them is worth it if you just want the tomahawk.  ...hatchet, whatever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to do this after screwing up a few times. Took a lot longer than a "short mission" though, I can tell you that. I would not do it again if I had to. I don't know if I was doing it wrong the first few times but it really pissed me off and I almost quit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 11:13 AM, Kean_1 said:

Sorry the challenged glitched on ya CMCC.  Maybe if you log on again it will reset?  The captures are only $10k a piece so I think your idea of just blasting them is worth it if you just want the tomahawk.  ...hatchet, whatever.

Got it! Logged on last night and it prompted me to capture the final bounty again. Shot him dead in an alley. I aint takin' no chances! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CMcC said:

Got it! Logged on last night and it prompted me to capture the final bounty again. Shot him dead in an alley. I aint takin' no chances! 

:lol:  Good deal!  Glad it worked out.  

Curious...   Can't remember if you mentioned it but did you also get the gold pistol from that previous challenge?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Curious...   Can't remember if you mentioned it but did you also get the gold pistol from that previous challenge?  

I did. But only for the sake of searching for it. The hunt. I don't have a desire to own a golden gun in Red Dead so I didn't bother with the 25 headshot challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

I did. But only for the sake of searching for it. The hunt. I don't have a desire to own a golden gun in Red Dead so I didn't bother with the 25 headshot challenge. 

I had nothing better going on at the time so I finished it.  .....been a dry spell of games for me lately.  Even still, I likely won't use it either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CMcC said:

Agreed. Far Cry 5 was the last thing I was invested in and I finished that months ago. 

Yeah, I thought FC5 was going to carry me for a while but what a huge disappointment.   ....and the Arcade was awful.  At least that's how I felt about it. 

That is the last game in the franchise I will ever buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I thought FC5 was going to carry me for a while but what a huge disappointment.   ....and the Arcade was awful.  At least that's how I felt about it. 

That is the last game in the franchise I will ever buy.

The arcade was terrible. The game itself was entertaining enough I guess. But yeah, a bit of a let down. I just raced through to story. Didn’t even hit every outpost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'd love that tomahawk, but I can't justify $27.99 on GTA V (used) for an item in RDR2.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't go out and buy the game just for that.  The only reason I collected it is because I never get rid of games I buy and I happen to still have GTAV loaded on my system.  .....it was convenient enough so I did it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'd love that tomahawk, but I can't justify $27.99 on GTA V (used) for an item in RDR2.

Where do you live at?  Cause in my area they got RedBox and you can rent a pshyical copy.  Maybe they would be an idea if you really wanted to be one of the cool kids running around RDR2 hitting each other with a stone ax.  Or you could just set back and snipe us.  Your choice really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Where do you live at?  Cause in my area they got RedBox and you can rent a pshyical copy.  Maybe they would be an idea if you really wanted to be one of the cool kids running around RDR2 hitting each other with a stone ax.  Or you could just set back and snipe us.  Your choice really.

I hadn't considered that.  Looks like I'm stopping at aredbox on the way home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I hadn't considered that.  Looks like I'm stopping at aredbox on the way home.

I did both the revolvers and the ax and I think it took me about 2 hours, hardcore drive find them and the extra jobs that came to unlock them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...