Jump to content

How you feel about the game being 60 hours long?


Skrylaxx
 Share

Recommended Posts

The news I keep hearing is that the "story" is 60 hours long (not in "total").  If that indeed doesn't include side quests and other related activities, this thing is going to last me a lot longer than that.

IIRC, the original RDRs story was cited to be about half the length?  .....and that game lasted me a long time with all of the other activities.  

With games like these, I think it's tough to put a time limit on such things.  With talk of RDR2 potentially setting a new benchmark in open world games, it may be even tougher with the added depth of gameplay, decisions, interaction, etc. that this new title is expected to bring to the table.  I expect that it will depend greatly on the player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

 I expect that it will depend greatly on the player.

I agree, i think the guidelines on any completion time for a game is subjective depending on each person’s playstyle. I plan on taking my time with this game, exploring all the towns and landscapes and taking part in all the side activities. Some people have said that they don’t want to spend time taking care of the camp, so likely won’t bother much with things like hunting and fishing. That’s the sort of thing I plan on getting deeply involved in. Its a shame that with the release of online coming soon after, I think a lot of people may end up rushing through the story in order to finish it before online is released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s great that there is the potential for an option. Similar to eating at a buffet. If you want to rush in and rush out, there’s an option for that. If you want to spend the time investigating all the flavors the buffet has to offer, you can spend the time to do that as well. That’s two ends of the spectrum, what has me excited is all of the possibilities to explore from mundane to specialized. RDR2 is offering more opportunities then is available in most games today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

But the real question is, "will I be able to open a distillery in the game?"

Curious to see what businesses they will offer in RDO.   ......assuming they follow a similar model to GTAV:O which I'm almost certain they will.  Maybe owning a saloon where you need to source and make deliveries of liquor under threat of attack from the competition, highwaymen, rival gangs, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Maybe owning a saloon where you need to source and make deliveries of liquor under threat of attack from the competition, highwaymen, rival gangs, etc

I would play that game every day.  In fact, that'd be good for a period piece property by R*: owning and operating a speakeasy during Prohibition in the US (1920-1933).  You'd get elements from just about all their games, mixed in with some good old fashioned Mafioso elements.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2018 at 4:21 AM, Ibarrola said:

@BropolloCreed79 you know...i always thought that the prohibition era would be a great setting for a Red Dead game...

You're right, bootlegging and the underworld it took place in would make a great game. Lawless is a great movie set in that era. 

Tommy guns, gangsters. Epic.

Image result for lawless movie stills

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now what would impress me is if it is 60 hours of just story scenes... LOL

Either way, 60 hours is a good amount for a story. I would imagine this is not 100% completing the game. Just like a straight run through of the story. It will easily be another 20+ hours for side missions and depending on the player, it can take much longer. I won't be able to play every day but the first few days I will be investing a lot of hours in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VICKSUN said:

Now what would impress me is if it is 60 hours of just story scenes... LOL

Either way, 60 hours is a good amount for a story. I would imagine this is not 100% completing the game. Just like a straight run through of the story. It will easily be another 20+ hours for side missions and depending on the player, it can take much longer. I won't be able to play every day but the first few days I will be investing a lot of hours in it.

Anyone know of any comparisons off the top of their head? I'm struggling to picture how long it is compared to other games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benjo said:

Anyone know of any comparisons off the top of their head? I'm struggling to picture how long it is compared to other games. 

Fall Out 4 had a hefty story. I can't recall the exact length of it but it took a while to beat it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, Skrylaxx said:

Just read about this earlier today. It was released that the game will be 60 hours long in total.

 That is over 2 days worth of playing time. If you include all the exploring and side missions, this one will take a while to beat I think. 

Honestly, I am very excited about the campaign being long. Not only does it give us something to do, but that also goes to show how much Rockstar put into this game, clearly they took time to make this game long and interesting as possible.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, Skrylaxx said:

Just read about this earlier today. It was released that the game will be 60 hours long in total.

That is over 2 days worth of playing time. If you include all the exploring and side missions, this one will take a while to beat I think. 

It's really not possible to calculate this anymore with each player doing things differently, but the longer the better I say.   I know I can't wait for it to drop.  I wish they'd change the universal start time from midnight to 9PM or something.  By the time I launch the game on Friday at midnight I'll be so tired I won't be able to get much time in.  Saturday is a different story though, hahaha!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...