Jump to content

How's Online?


dropkickennedy
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's ok IMO but still missing elements, modes as you might expect in a beta if this scale. 

I suspect trolls will become more of an issue especially for solo players. The only thing that saved me last night was riding with two other friends. We got jumped within minutes of our first time in the free roam world but luckily we were able to kill them.  ......I don't think they suspected that we were together.

I'm hoping that they will offer friends-only / private sessions like they did in GTAO. If the October leaks regarding the code were any indication, there will be session options like this in the future. 

As this staggered release continues, just be aware of randoms in game. .....and team up with friends when possible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I suspect trolls will become more of an issue especially for solo players. The only thing that saved me last night was riding with two other friends. We got jumped within minutes of our first time in the free roam world but luckily we were able to kill them.  ......I don't think they suspected that we were together.

I'm going to be interested to see if the progress from the open beta is maintained, or if they're going to wipe the slate clean for the official launch.  The lack of detail on this point is keeping me from using "Dr. Poop Juice" (I let my kids design and name my character) very often, so I'll continue to focus on the story mode for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm going to be interested to see if the progress from the open beta is maintained, or if they're going to wipe the slate clean for the official launch.  The lack of detail on this point is keeping me from using "Dr. Poop Juice" (I let my kids design and name my character) very often, so I'll continue to focus on the story mode for now.

Yeah, I was reading that progress will not carry over, but we'll see. I think I will continue to play the story until the full release.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

"Dr. Poop Juice" (I let my kids design and name my character)

So they named him after you? They must really love you man, keep up the good work!

 

3 minutes ago, Kormath said:

Think i'll hold off on online then.  Was afraid it would be another griefer paradise like GTAO is if you're solo playing.  I'll wait till the server options become available, if they do.

With so much to do offline, I have no problem waiting for the issues to be resolved (and players to be removed from the map).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well its really easy to create freejoin posse in game. Other 3 people will join pretty quick so you can do missions together pretty safe. Its a temporal posse which is disbanded after leader leaves the game.

Trolls usually don't attack groups of players 🙂

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm going to be interested to see if the progress from the open beta is maintained, or if they're going to wipe the slate clean for the official launch.  The lack of detail on this point is keeping me from using "Dr. Poop Juice" (I let my kids design and name my character) very often, so I'll continue to focus on the story mode for now.

I think R* added that blurb in their announcement to cover the butt in the event that they due have to wipe the slate clean before final release.  I wager it's all dependent on just how significant the changes are that will need to be made.  So far, it's looking pretty decent IMO with the exception of a few expected bugs.  

I honestly believe that they will do what they can to help avoid a reset of everyone's progress.  There is no benefit for them to anger their player base.  .....I'm going to keep soldiering on for now and hope for the best although I doubt I'll be too broken up if they do reset (depending on the reason).  

If you end up giving it a go, look me up if you need someone to tag along.  Right now I'm just trying to find out how some of the online mechanics work and making a few bucks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Willard said:

Well its really easy to create freejoin posse in game. Other 3 people will join pretty quick so you can do missions together pretty safe. Its a temporal posse which is disbanded after leader leaves the game.

Trolls usually don't attack groups of players 🙂

that's an idea.  I want ot finish the story line single player first though.  And i've only made it far enough to unlock the horse fence in chapter 3,  couple more months i should be on chapter 4 lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far it is shaping up just like GTA V, lots of trolls, lots of griefers. The online verbal trash found on the GTA V public channels is not as bad here. Personally unless Rockstar modifies its honour system they have implemented for the online play, I won't continue playing it online. There is little consequence for an online player who randomly whacks other players peacefully hunting/traveling etc, its a griefer's paradise right now.

Red Dead Redemption 2_20181107150428.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is getting worse with more and more exploits being abused by cheaters.  Met a player on xbox last night, that was just a few levels higher then I that had everything that he could get unlocked already Camps, Horses, Max Stable options, and guns maxed out.  Whole time he was bragging about some exploit, that was easy money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...