Missions won't start. Why?

YodaMan 3D

Last night I was able to join up with another player from these forums.  Twice, being the leader of the Posse, he started a mission and nothing happened.  It just didn't start.  Now I have played where there has been a delay and players was half-way to the starting point before it kicked in, but these never started.   Why is this happening and have others of you experienced this? 

Yes, I also believe it is posse related - or rather the fact that the servers have issues with a certain posse memeber's connection. I usually do not have issues when I am in a posse with all people from the same nation (similar pings etcetera), but as soon as the posse is varied regionally this tends to happen, no start or massive delay in startng.

Try this.

Stay far away from the mission giver..  I mean far far away.   Only let the Posse Leader go to the area and start the mission.

It seems like other players in a posse near mission giver screws with things.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Try this.

Stay far away from the mission giver..  I mean far far away.   Only let the Posse Leader go to the area and start the mission.

Will give this a shot tonight, as I kind of feel that you might be right.

Hi

I have had this problem since day one, I play solo on ps4  last night was the first night that I started 3 separate missions one after the other with no problem, But after that it was back to none starting again, 

14 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

Will give this a shot tonight, as I kind of feel that you might be right.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Try this.

Weird part is I was close for the 1st activation, but the 2nd time I went outside and rode a little ways away.  I was hoping to get a jumpstart to the mission.  It didn't start either time.

I have had several times being in a posse (not leader) that there would be a delay of 1 to 2 minutes before starting. As a Posse leader I had shorter delays but also several mission starting after 30 seconds or so. It is a combination of Rockstar servers and several people's connection (distance) to these servers I believe. I am sure Rockstar is aware and we can only hope this will improve!

This has been an issue for a couple of weeks and has only gotten worse.

Sometimes they spawn, but don't "start" and other times just nothing at all. 

Not sure why they are struggling with this so much since each server is pretty much isolated to under 25 users which is nothing. They must have some gateway server archetictuter which would explain the persistence across all instances. But pretty poor that they have not addressed this. Game is pretty much un-playable besides for PVP.

This is an issue for as long as I remember.  Posses or no posses, I have encountered it.  I also still get those instances where all missions disappear from the map until you respawn or join a new session.  I also get issues where all players disappear from time to time and then later it is repopulated.

I think the idea that it may have to do with someone in your posse lagging or even yourself may have merit.  

I have tried everything.  When I was alone and missions would not start, I tried respawning (in the same session) and it worked.  The mission started right after I spawned back in..  .....but then it didn't work the next night.  I also started moving around while the NPC was talking and I didn't have any problems with missions not engaging.  I also tried that with a posse and missions went smoothly.  .....then they didn't.

Personally, I would suggest everyone here submit their feedback to R* if you haven't already.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=addb2b0b 

14 minutes ago, cadashka said:

When playing with crew posse, we encounter this pretty much daily up to the point when one of us contacted Rockstar about it. According to their reply, they are aware of the issue.

I would certainly suggest everyone affected submit their feedback since the more that do, the more the problem will reveal itself to be as big as it is.