pvp killings

Goober 3642

Question

17 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Goober 3642 said:

why can.t a few of the clowns in this let me play the game i paid for, the way i would like to. I am 69 yrs old 100% disabled and can not be passive and hunt animals with out being killed all the time? i sure hope the complaint boards work.

Hi Goober,

First of all, welcome.  This site is a wealth of information and generally speaking, the community is a great group of folks.  Please note however, that this is a fan site and not a Rockstar official forum.  If you wish to provide feedback on the beta (and I encourage you to), here is a link:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

There is also a lot of information at RDR2.org that can help you overcome the issue some have with what we call griefers and trolls.  I would also recommend trying to seek out online friends who you share similar interests with so you can explore and do activities with a group vs. solo.  RDO is much more rewarding that way and safer with the added security a posse provides.  

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/clubs/

If you're on PS4, feel free to join ours (my PSN Community is linked within):

Please note that R* has also announced new anti-griefing measures that they will be impletning soon that will hopefully mitigate the issue:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60804/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

I feel you dude. You will find people here who aren't like that online. I know exactly what you mean. I love the hunting aspect of the game and I am always getting screwed over by immature players who got nothing better to do. It can be rather annoying. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goober 3642 said:

why can.t a few of the clowns in this let me play the game i paid for, the way i would like to. I am 69 yrs old 100% disabled and can not be passive and hunt animals with out being killed all the time? i sure hope the complaint boards work.

'

Unfortunately mate we have these tossers in the game. I don't know what level you are if you play on PS4 send me friend request. dredd_fan 

• Like 2

You will see people like this in EVERY online game. It is just like the internet and life really. The majority will be fine but you will have small pockets of douche bags and idiots who enjoy the same things you do and ruin your fun. If they are causing enough issues for you, report them and block them. 

23 hours ago, ZLion said:

You will see people like this in EVERY online game. It is just like the internet and life really. The majority will be fine but you will have small pockets of douche bags and idiots who enjoy the same things you do and ruin your fun. If they are causing enough issues for you, report them and block them. 

Sometimes these "pockets" grow though as a result of people getting fed up. Like a domino effect. I don't care for this but I understand why it happens. I am all for allowing people to play the game the way they enjoy since they paid for it but if your sole enjoyment of the game comes from harassing others, you need to be banned.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:58 PM, Goober 3642 said:

I certainly hope the complaint feedback works, too. It's a little hard waiting for Rockstar to do anything about it though. 

From their page at https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online:

"We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone. Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior..."

Some how I don't find it fun or fair when someone headshots me when I'm spawning in or when I'm fishing. Or basically just minding my own business.

One of the definitions of mutual combat is "Mutual combat is a fight or struggle which both parties enter willingly or where two persons, upon a sudden quarrel and in hot blood, mutually fight upon equal terms and where death results from the combat."

We can only hope that Rockstar realizes that even in the Old West that existed. Mutual.

My solution, separate PvE and PvP servers instead of the simple PvP servers we have now.

Hang in there until this game comes out of beta or Rockstar starts implementing some of those anti griefing measures they keep talking about.

I'm with you on that, on top of things I play on Free Aim (the way the game should have been played)) so I'm usually at a disadvantage.

Just yesterday I was fishing minding my own business and got sniped from a hilltop. I brushed it off and just went right back to fishing, he continued to kill me eventually 2 more times. It was pathetic how this kid enjoyed playing the game, I wasn't even fighting back until eventually I Sniped him and he left the server.

• Like 1

i get griefers all the time. i got ambushed by 4 players yesterday. then i have griefers sniping while i am skinning. i kill them and they leave. my advice as soon as you see them on radar get ready and keep watching for their attack. hunt in remote areas. get explosive rounds soon as you unlock them as it puts them off and they leave. i am in freeroam to grind so i will use ex rounds dynamite arrows etc because i will go to pvp if i want it. 

7 hours ago, Goober 3642 said:

thank you for the return  i have decided to quit playing  being angry is not good for me. enjoy  i know of at least ten others h\who have also quit.

Please, please, if you are set on leaving, go to the feedback feature and tell them why you are leaving. You also might want to remind them that Rockstar stated this game would be "fun and fair" and that you counted on that when you spent your money on the game.

I feel much the same you do but I am waiting until the game comes out of beta to see exactly what Rockstar is going to deliver to us. But, for right now, it does seem like Rockstar is pulling the old double cross on those of us who expected what was in the promotional material, a "fun and fair environment." Right now, the game seems like a haven for online griefers and "fun and fair" are not what Rockstar is offering.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Please, please, if you are set on leaving, go to the feedback feature and tell them why you are leaving. You also might want to remind them that Rockstar stated this game would be "fun and fair" and that you counted on that when you spent your money on the game.

I feel much the same you do but I am waiting until the game comes out of beta to see exactly what Rockstar is going to deliver to us. But, for right now, it does seem like Rockstar is pulling the old double cross on those of us who expected what was in the promotional material, a "fun and fair environment." Right now, the game seems like a haven for online griefers and "fun and fair" are not what Rockstar is offering.

It is a crying shame that players are leaving because of the actions of just a few and excuse my cynicism but has anyone else noticed that NOTHING has been done by R☆ to try and fix the issue in a timely manner? It would seem they were far more busy introducing a gold bar system to further swell their coffers.

Just a thought but did anyone else see 'Westworld'? 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

It is a crying shame that players are leaving because of the actions of just a few and excuse my cynicism but has anyone else noticed that NOTHING has been done by R☆ to try and fix the issue in a timely manner? It would seem they were far more busy introducing a gold bar system to further swell their coffers.

One of the people that I play with saw the original post above. He told me that he linked it to Rockstar in their feedback and asked them why they promised one game but are not delivering on that promise.

He knows that I visit a few forum boards so he yelled (politely) at me and asked me why I hadn't done it already and every time I see posts that are similar.

I didn't have an answer.

But I'm going to do it from now on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

In R*'s defence, it is not an easy one to solve.  I really hate griefing; but I also don't think a purely PvE server would be any fun.  There is lots of PvE content and lots of feds to shoot; and PvP battles, when evenly matched, are really good fun (it is a shooting game).  It is possible to hunt etc and avoid griefers, I play mostly alone (since day 2) and I've managed to avoid it on the whole.  So I really don't want to be forced to choose between a PvP server where mayhem rules, or a PvE server that is all cuddly and no challenge.

For me R* have to find a way to penalize random griefing/trolling in a way that creates a real unwanted consequence that makes people think twice; whether that be a bounty system, $ penalties, temp ban on certain wpns/ammo, coloured blips, bounty hunters etc.  I guess it is difficult to find a method that can be physically and realistically introduced, that has the desired effect without ruining the game.

Don't forget, the ultimate aim of the game is to create revenue.  GTAO is a very different beast where griefing is accepted, and it makes them a fortune.  R* have said they are trying for something different, but they still won't do anything that is not going to improve their bottom line.  Take2 will definitely be putting $ first (and last)

If GTAO is anything to go by, they aren't going to alienate a huge % of those players by completely preventing somebody hiding behind a rock and sniping people just because they can.  But finding a way to keep everyone happy without spending another $100m on development isn't going to be easy for R*.

For now, stay watchful, use the companion app, be prepared to switch servers, and posse up (and don't take it personally..its just a game after all)

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with almost all you have said.

However, griefing is obviously an issue they are aware of as they have already announced measures to be implemented. So, knowing players are leaving because of it, and not seemingly in any great shakes to fix it and not having to provide PVE servers, would it not make sense to have an option when you log in (Just one button) to be unable to shoot or be shot by other players? A bit like a permanent spawn protection if you will until you log back out? 

Maybe I'm seeing things a bit more simple than it would be to implement but if they put as much time into resolving this as they do into creating revenue streams, it would be fixed already?

Edited by Captmarsh

Just my opinion as that's all I really have...but I would rather wait for a real fix than one that won't meet the needs properly.  I think people have become very impatient with a game that is technically still in beta.  We are all helping them test this game and there are many, many technical things that still require fixes.  Adding new functionality that isn't well thought out will only bring more frustrations with it.

With regards to R*'s statement of online being "fun and fair", I think we can all agree that what's fun and fair to one person is not to another.  Highly subjective.  There are far too many different ways to make this game "fun and fair" to all.   R* would never be able to support it appropriately. For me, I'm certainly not the best gun in town but I find this game already fun and fair.

I would like to see the griefers dealt with (and I mean real griefers here....not just someone who shoots another player randomly).  I think their sole purpose is to ruin the game for others and not simply make it more challenging.  But, I want there to be a good solution and not a hair-brained idea.  Personally, I don't like the parley system.  I would like to see the griefer removed from the server they're playing on and put on a different one.  Perhaps they will simply continue to do what they do on the other server...but it makes it a lot less fun to spend more time in loading screens and takes away their "fun" of bullying the same person.  I think an escalating punitive system is much better. First time offense within a 24 hour period...server change.  Second, server change plus a 10 minute timeout.  Third, server change plus a 1 hour timeout. Fourth...well, you get the idea.  Maybe not that exactly...but something like it.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:24 PM, danjou said:

i get griefers all the time. i got ambushed by 4 players yesterday. then i have griefers sniping while i am skinning. i kill them and they leave. my advice as soon as you see them on radar get ready and keep watching for their attack. hunt in remote areas. get explosive rounds soon as you unlock them as it puts them off and they leave. i am in freeroam to grind so i will use ex rounds dynamite arrows etc because i will go to pvp if i want it. 

I agree. Watching my back, when I am busy doing something, is not a strong point for me. The last three times I have been online. Players have sneaked up on me and taken me out. I usually then kill them. But I need to have eyes in the back of me head.