Get Your Paper Here! Read All About it! Massacre In Saint Denis!

KylesDad7

Had a session last over 2 hours straight last night of Avoiding The Law (I think that's what it is) in Saint Denis. I killed over 300 Policemen and several players who were trying to help them out I guess. Good times, good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KylesDad7 said:

How does me killing policemen make others have less fun?

I think he took your mention of killing players who were trying to "help out" the law as being victims of indiscriminate killing by you.  

I was assuming you're talking about players who are targeting you from the get go. .....seeing it as an opportunity to engage in a gun battle with you.

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I think he took your mention of killing players who were trying to "help out" the law as being victims of indiscriminate killing by you.  

I was assuming you're talking about players who are targeting you from the get go. .....seeing it as an opportunity to engage in a gun battle with you.

Exactly. They were attacking me (which I didn't have a problem with) alongside the police. That's why I took it as them helping the police out. 

3 hours ago, Samplemygravy said:

Great. Another bored person making sure others are having less fun. Good job. Totally something to brag about. 

Nobody compelled other players to assist the law.  If I see a pile of dead bodies in a town, I'm probably going to ride the other way unless I WANT to get involved.

Itd be one thing if those players were getting ambushed, but in my experience, they knew exactly what they were getting into.

• Like 5

Yeah, from they way the OP tells the story.  It sounds like if anyone was to be griefed it would have been him not the other players.  Then again if they just spawned in and he killed them before they had a chance to move?  That could be him griefing others.  Seriously, though it sounds like the same farming many have done and no one has complained about it yet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mahuk said:

If you're going to farm lawmen do it with some class. There is no skill gained by farming mindless NPCs from a roof top, ledge, wallbreach  etc. Farm the bounty hunters on horseback with you also on horseback. More XP, more challenge, and you actually learn something

I don't want to "learn" anything.

I want to go full on Janet Reno and firebomb some fools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mahuk said:

If you're going to farm lawmen do it with some class. There is no skill gained by farming mindless NPCs from a roof top, ledge, wallbreach  etc. Farm the bounty hunters on horseback with you also on horseback. More XP, more challenge, and you actually learn something. 

I never thought much of the "skill" in RDO gunplay anyhow given the auto-aim mechanics, etc.  Besides, it's simply not the kind of game I care about gettin' gud at or taking that seriously.  ;) 

All I know is that shooting up a town from a rooftop is sometimes just a lot of fun and my friends enjoy it too.  Kind of like an Alamo / defense mode.  When we get bored of that, we move on. 

We do all that other stuff too like engaging posses on foot or horseback, fending off trolls, gang hideouts, etc.  It's just nice to mix it up once in a while since there really isn't anything we haven't already done in this stage of the beta. 

21 hours ago, Mahuk said:

If you're going to farm lawmen do it with some class. There is no skill gained by farming mindless NPCs from a roof top, ledge, wallbreach  etc. Farm the bounty hunters on horseback with you also on horseback. More XP, more challenge, and you actually learn something. 

The auto aim in this game doesn't require or help you gain any skill either. So farm away.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:22 PM, Samplemygravy said:

Great. Another bored person making sure others are having less fun. Good job. Totally something to brag about. 

To me, it sounds like the players he shot were trying to make sure he was having less fun by trying to kill him and prevent him from killing the law.  AND, with all the law on him, those players could have looted all the bodies instead of trying to kill him.

I actually learned shooting from the hip and better headshotting by using the ladder, so that point is void. It is also perfectly legit, just boring and not profitable moneywise, hence I haven't done it that much after I took some lessons from it. You can turn off the auto aim if you want to so if you feel restricted by auto aim the solution is in the control settings. Naturally you won't because you are at a disadvantage then, but it is possible to turn off.

I hear the term griefed or being griefed pass here again. Don't think anyone is griefing anyone here. OP is shooting cops, causing disturbance in town, other online players more or less roleplay and assist in removing the disturbance. People throw the word griefing in RDO around way too easy.

4 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

I actually learned shooting from the hip and better headshotting by using the ladder, so that point is void. It is also perfectly legit, just boring and not profitable moneywise, hence I haven't done it that much after I took some lessons from it. You can turn off the auto aim if you want to so if you feel restricted by auto aim the solution is in the control settings. Naturally you won't because you are at a disadvantage then, but it is possible to turn off.

I hear the term griefed or being griefed pass here again. Don't think anyone is griefing anyone here. OP is shooting cops, causing disturbance in town, other online players more or less roleplay and assist in removing the disturbance. People throw the word griefing in RDO around way too easy.

Griefing is thrown around because it applies so easily to RDO.  Player A is participating and one one thing and Player B comes along and decides that they have to step in and disrupt the fun of the other, cause that is the only way for Player B to have fun.  It is part of the thorn in the side of PvEvP format.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, KylesDad7 said:

Exactly. They were attacking me (which I didn't have a problem with) alongside the police. That's why I took it as them helping the police out. 

I did the same thing on my last mass murder spree. A couple of players were trying to get to me on the rooftops of Saint Denis along with a swarm of lawmen. In addition  to getting picked off the rooftop ladder, they got a few sticks of dynamite dropped on their head for their troubles. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I did the same thing on my last mass murder spree. A couple of players were trying to get to me on the rooftops of Saint Denis along with a swarm of lawmen. In addition  to getting picked off the rooftop ladder, they got a few sticks of dynamite dropped on their head for their troubles. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Image result for breakfast club you mess with the bull

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Griefing is thrown around because it applies so easily to RDO.  Player A is participating and one one thing and Player B comes along and decides that they have to step in and disrupt the fun of the other, cause that is the only way for Player B to have fun.  It is part of the thorn in the side of PvEvP format.

In this game its actually encouraged.

From free roam missions to award unlocks.    Theres a lot of good and bad with the format of Free for All.

I actually had a player come up to me last night while I fishing. Alls I hear Is a gun c0ck and a revolver point at the back of my head while im pulling in a fish.  

So I pull in the fish and was kind of shocked he didn't pull the trigger.  I turn around and the dude was waving at me and I noticed he put a Perfect Wolf Pelt on my horse.

What a weirdo...lol

Edited by HuDawg
  • Haha 1

I play with auto aim off and I get killed a lot but sometimes I do get to kill a player and it feels awesome! Don't know why but auto aim to me takes away any kind of achievement , get free aim lobby's and the griefing of being killed over and over again by the same player would be happening a lot less

I love when an outlaw player gets on the Saint Denis rooftops! Makes it even more challenging for a bounty hunter like myself to find a different way up and take them out!

12 hours ago, Mahuk said:

Allow me to give you a couple of scenarios to better get across what I'm saying. We have established we all have auto-aim.

Player A: Goes to Saint Denis and gets to a rooftop, ledge, wall breach or somewhere behind cover. They kill lawmen climbing a ladder with their back to him and he is not coming under any fire. Or he waits at the top of a ladder or behind a wall and kills lawmen at point blank range as they reach the top of the ladder or jump the wall, without coming under any fire. Or he waits behind cover at the docks and may come under a little fire, but easily picks off lawmen approaching him.

Player B: Goes to Blackwater, Braithwaite Manner, or Caliga Hall. He is on horseback and farming bounty hunters who are also on horseback and come in waves 2 - 10 deep, from all different angles These bounty hunters have God-like accuracy. There are also plenty of guards to contend with as well in two of these locations. He has a lot more to contend with and to manage and he is 'learning' more.

I really don't agree that because of the auto-aim both these scenarios require the same level of skill. The challenge for player B is much greater. Player B also gets more XP per kill and he is actually learning something in the process. In free-roam it's commonplace to be attacked by more than 1 player on horseback. Extremely common. Out of these two players who do you think has 'learned' more strategies concerning defending himself against multiple attackers on horseback?

Both players are farming XP through lawmen, both players are using auto-aim, but Player B is 'learning' a lot more about playing the game in common free-roam encounters. And I guarantee the challenges player B faces are honing his free-roam skills a lot more than Player A. Plus it's a hell of a lot less boring when you have half a dozen bounty hunters chasing you which ups the fun-factor.

I get what you're saying and yes that would be more of a challenge than rooftop farming.  I just feel that any shooter with auto aim is diluted. All anyone is learning is how to use the auto aim system, not learning to actually shoot.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mahuk said:

Then given what you say, the entire online experience is a facade. We are all restricted to auto-aim currently. Bear in mind too that your offensive game greatly hinges on your defense whether you have auto-aim or not. 

When comes to offense, yes, it's a joke. Defense is the  only challenging part. We deserve the whole package.