What Do You Think The Odds Are Of An Update Before The End Of Feb?

KylesDad7

I think they already gave us the answer about what to expect in the next TU but yeah, I'm expecting bug fixes, the new player blips, parley changes, law and bounty improvements, daily challenges, etc.  

......although I really doubt any of that will come this month.

More to Come

Our teams are currently working on lots of fixes, changes and improvements to the game based on player feedback including the quality of life improvements that we detailed in our last status update: Proximity-Based Player Blips, Parley Changes with quicker access to Feuding, Law and Bounty Improvements to discourage griefing while introducing a new Freeroam dynamic between bounty hunters and criminal rogues, plus Daily Challenges with gold nugget rewards and more. We are currently planning to have these and other improvements to the game included in a Title Update scheduled for release in the coming months – we’ll provide more information as we get closer to the date.

• Like 1

In their shareholder call they said nothing about feb, they said later 2019 would bring some very minor updates to keep players busy, but they said early  to mid 2020 would be where it starts to take off with heists and updates until then just wait and gather some money so you can afford the 2020 content

20 minutes ago, ramRanch said:

In their shareholder call they said nothing about feb, they said later 2019 would bring some very minor updates to keep players busy, but they said early  to mid 2020 would be where it starts to take off with heists and updates until then just wait and gather some money so you can afford the 2020 content

Well the news is just getting better and better.  

3 hours ago, ramRanch said:

Interesting....  I listened to the web cast and don't recall anything that specific being said about RDO.  Actually, at one point when answering a question essentially about progress (IIRC) Zelnick deferred to R* as they would be the ones providing the news and status updates on the product.

The only thing specific about RDO that I walked away from the call with was the mention of the "content drop" in fiscal 2020 which would be calendar April 2020 through month ending March 2021. ....but that could mean a number of things.  Folks have to remember that this was all big picture stuff.

We can all speculate as to what the "content drop" means but there was nothing in that call that (IMO) anyone could draw any real conclusions from.  He also said that the beta is still in the early stages and reminded folks that it is a work in progress.  ....nothing new.

Personally, until I hear official news providing specifics on updates / releases, I would take any other "details" with a grain of salt.

Here's the 2K webcast if anyone is interested.  Fair warning that it is very dry and over an hour long but this is straight from the horse's mouth(s) vs. an interpretation:

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=5277036

50 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Interesting....  I listened to the web cast and don't recall anything that specific being said about RDO.  Actually, at one point when answering a question essentially about progress (IIRC) Zelnick deferred to R* as they would be the ones providing the news and status updates on the product.

The only thing specific about RDO that I walked away from the call with was the mention of the "content drop" in fiscal 2020 which would be calendar April 2020 through month ending March 2021. ....but that could mean a number of things.  Folks have to remember that this was all big picture stuff.

We can all speculate as to what the "content drop" means but there was nothing in that call that (IMO) anyone could draw any real conclusions from.  He also said that the beta is still in the early stages and reminded folks that it is a work in progress.  ....nothing new.

Personally, until I hear official news providing specifics on updates / releases, I would take any other "details" with a grain of salt.

Here's the 2K webcast if anyone is interested.  Fair warning that it is very dry and over an hour long but this is straight from the horse's mouth(s) vs. an interpretation:

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=5277036

i was paraphrasing the shareholder call, they never said anything directly but do you remember how gta online started really empty and dry i feel this may be how this is going to go obviously this is very fragile speculation but anything we can get now to keep player playing is good enough, but youre right all news that is not given by an official rockstar employee should be taken lightly.

39 minutes ago, ramRanch said:

i was paraphrasing the shareholder call, they never said anything directly but do you remember how gta online started really empty and dry i feel this may be how this is going to go obviously this is very fragile speculation but anything we can get now to keep player playing is good enough, but youre right all news that is not given by an official rockstar employee should be taken lightly.

Well, I guess that was my point.  Even here you can see how some people respond accepting as fact what is essentially conjecture.  ....and then they pass it on and so on.  

I think speculation is fine and even fun sometimes.  I engage in it myself.  I just wanted to clarify what was actually being said in this recent meeting vs. some of the rumors / claims I've seen deriving from it.

54 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, I guess that was my point.  Even here you can see how some people respond accepting as fact what is essentially conjecture.  ....and then they pass it on and so on.  

I think speculation is fine and even fun sometimes.  I engage in it myself.  I just wanted to clarify what was actually being said in this recent meeting vs. some of the rumors / claims I've seen deriving from it.

I agree that facts are very important, but often times rumors are started somewhere and often times off of true statement.  In the gaming industry more times then not, the fans find the truth before the game manufacturer releases the info to the public.

34 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I agree that facts are very important, but often times rumors are started somewhere and often times off of true statement.  In the gaming industry more times then not, the fans find the truth before the game manufacturer releases the info to the public.

"True statement" being the key phrase here and you can see how easily that can misrepresented leading to the inevitable Chicken Little syndrome.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have a better odds of being added as an NPC in the bar in Valentine.

I'll look forward to seeing you there, then!

The moral of this whole thread - "Don't try to second guess R*, the'll beat you every time"

😣

3 hours ago, Zampen said:

The planned so called update only sounds like minor changes with no new content. Lets hope im wrong but doesnt sound like much of anything  

Depends what you consider "minor".  .....but yeah, it seems based on the current information that they are mostly gameplay changes / additions but ones with drastic impact. 

Also, stayed tuned as there may be more details revealed next week.   In case you missed it.....

Other Fixes and More
Your feedback has been invaluable so please keep it coming. In addition to these updates we are planning to address several additional changes based on community feedback received thus far - select weapons will be re-balanced including the Varmint Rifle, which will have its accuracy brought more in line with other longarm weapons; voice chat will be reduced to work at closer proximity, and while fixes to horse cargo are numerous and ongoing we plan to introduce some improvements to making pelts and carcasses more persistent after death or respawning.

We will have more details on additional content in the February 26th update next week. We are excited about the future of Red Dead Online and look forward to sharing lots more in the weeks and months ahead.

4 hours ago, Zampen said:

The planned so called update only sounds like minor changes with no new content. Lets hope im wrong but doesnt sound like much of anything  

Any update is welcomed, if it improves our experience.

There will be more to come, I am sure.

Just a personal reflection from me, have no problem with griefers or the majority of players i meet so these changes doesnt make the game less boring to me, i need stuff to buy and things to do. Again this is my personal opinion nothing else and if the changes helps players then kudos to rockstar  🤗   

Edited by Zampen