What sells for the most $?

VICKSUN

I want to start stacking up and saving money. What things can I obtain and sell that are worth the most?

I want to have a list on hand so I can make a game plan for me and my buddies. We are going to do some grinding Thursday and Friday since we all have time off work.

This is just me... I like to hunt Pronghorn and deer, as sometimes you get two or three pieces of meat per kill. You can carry a max of 20, and you can  usually get that in 10 to 15 minutes if you go to the right places. It will sell for $12 for 20 pieces of meat.. And that is not including the pelts, and antlers if you're lucky enough to get a couple of  white tail bucks. Including the pelts, I made $80 in an hour today. The biggest challenge is getting to the butcher without getting disconnected. Actually, if you get disconnected at least you still have the meat. Big game is worth $0.75 just for the meat not including the pelts. Harder to find though. Pronghorns and deer are a little more plentiful from what I've seen. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Fish salmon and trout= $2.50 each, bass both largemouth and smallmouth =$2.00 each,feathers heron, spoonbills,eagles, owls. Hunt everything and try to have one large carcass and two small ones every time you go to butcher. It adds up quick. 

Fyi, Pelts are glitch at butcher and a lot of times you will not get money for some of them.

Until the pelt issues are fixed, I'm exclusively fishing. More lucrative than pelts and if your horse runs away or someone blasts you, you can't lose anything. I usually go for:

10 sockeye salmon - $20

10 steelhead salmon - $20

10 largemouth bass - $15

10 small mouth bass - $15

1 northern pike - $8 ( You have to stow on your horse)

Fill the rest of your satchel slots with small fish.

Only downside is you do not gain XP but the cash more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Good luck!

Edit: burbonchaser beat me to it :)

Edited by hotrats773
  • Like 1

If you're a boss, hunt cougars. When I was a wee baby rank, I would hunt the cougar at night outside of blackwater. Go turn in, 3-4 minutes later, another spawns. All together, one perfect cougar is $20. So that's $20 every 4 minutes. There's two cougar spawns outside of tumbleweed as well so take $40 every 5 minutes.

But blackwater was my favorite as I could get bucks and pronghorn, wolves too and the occasional grizzly if I could spot it first.

Also the birds, heron, spoonbill, owls, cranes and pelicans outside of St Denis sell for killer prices. 10 of the heron feathers sell for $15, $18 for the spoonbill. Also the small gator bodies sell for $6.50, skin for $3. Plus you can keep killing the small ones and stack up. There's also bucks there too. I make $150 on a good day within 10-15 minutes, averaging about $75.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head while I'm at work. I'll post later if I remember more.

6 hours ago, hotrats773 said:

Until the pelt issues are fixed, I'm exclusively fishing. More lucrative than pelts and if your horse runs away or someone blasts you, you can't lose anything. I usually go for:

10 sockeye salmon - $20

10 steelhead salmon - $20

10 largemouth bass - $15

10 small mouth bass - $15

1 northern pike - $8 ( You have to stow on your horse)

Fill the rest of your satchel slots with small fish.

Only downside is you do not gain XP but the cash more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Good luck!

Edit: burbonchaser beat me to it :)

Hmm, I'll double check my prices next time i sell my fish but I believe your price stacks for the fish are off by $5.00. Sockeye and steelhead sell for $2.50 x 10 = $25.00, Bass are $2.00 x 10 = $20.00.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Hmm, I'll double check my prices next time i sell my fish but I believe your price stacks for the fish are off by $5.00. Sockeye and steelhead sell for $2.50 x 10 = $25.00, Bass are $2.00 x 10 = $20.00.

I'm sure my numbers are off. I was going from memory.

14 hours ago, VICKSUN said:

I want to start stacking up and saving money. What things can I obtain and sell that are worth the most?

I want to have a list on hand so I can make a game plan for me and my buddies. We are going to do some grinding Thursday and Friday since we all have time off work.

I hunt deer mainly. I head shot the 3* (or 2*) of the group if there is one and then hop on my horse to take out the rest for meat. Always take the carcass of the 3*.  Hunt and kill any animal you see while you're scouting deer, make sure to hang 2 carcasses on the horse as well, turkeys are best. The  goal here is speed and quantity, don't focus on the pelt quality unless you see a 3*. After 20 minutes or so I usually wind up with about 15 pelts, a 3* buck carcass, 2 turkey carcasses and a bunch of feathers, small game ,antlers and a TON of meat. This way gets me about 40-60 per trip.  This works best near tumbleweed for me. There are lots of pronghorn/deer, lot's of birds in the sky too. 

• Like 1

I too was doing deer for the most part since they are somewhat easy to find and hunt with a decent payout. The issue now though is with the pelt bugs. I switched over to fishing. Sometimes it can be worth it other times not so much. Depends on how quickly you are reeling them in. 

37 minutes ago, VampireKrush said:

Does anyone know off hand which bird can get you the most money? I was going to make a thread for it but I thought I would just ask here. 

Spoonbill , owls, eagles, herons, condors

Edited by BurbonChaser
Typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, VampireKrush said:

Does anyone know off hand which bird can get you the most money? I was going to make a thread for it but I thought I would just ask here. 

Herons pay the most I believe, totaling out around 12 bucks. The map below should help you find them.

RDR2-Heron-Locations.jpg

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

Never thought to take an egret in because the plumes dont sell.thanks.anyone know the price 

the carcass of egretta 3 stars you can sell it 3.50 $ but unfortunately (sorry, I had not noticed) the plumes are not sold. 

the tricolor heron carcass 3 stars can sell the 3.20 $ but the plumes  can also sell 1.50 each

3 hours ago, madfretter said:

Herons pay the most I believe, totaling out around 12 bucks. The map below should help you find them.

RDR2-Heron-Locations.jpg

It's the spoonbill that gives the most (X10 feathers being like $15-18), heron being a close second.

3 hours ago, madfretter said:

RDR2-Heron-Locations.jpg

25 minutes ago, Renascent said:

It's the spoonbill that gives the most (X10 feathers being like $15-18), heron being a close second.

10 spoonbill plumes are worth $19.50

10 heron plumes = $15

10 pelican feathers= $12

10 crane feathers= $12

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Also, there's the Panther South of Braithwait manor, which I believe is the animal that sells for the most money. A 3 star will net you $22.50 for carcass, pelt, meat, claw.

I was riding in a river yesterday near Annesburg when the cougar in the area spawned.  Man was he salty when he couldn't get to me.  A nice little shot to the head netted me that 3* pelt, which was nice, but the ride back to an actual butcher was definitely not.

5 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I was riding in a river yesterday near Annesburg when the cougar in the area spawned.  Man was he salty when he couldn't get to me.  A nice little shot to the head netted me that 3* pelt, which was nice, but the ride back to an actual butcher was definitely not.

There's a double cougar spawn right outside of Tumbleweed. Every 5 minutes is $40, good spot if you want some quick cash. Plus pigs everywhere and pronghorn I believe. Very close to the only butcher in the area too. Just be careful on the second cougar spawn as it sometimes literally will spawn right next to you like it did me a few times lol (got startled and shot it several times ruining it).

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I make that trip all the time hunting for cougars in the area. I just follow the rail back down to Saint Denis being very cautious about other players in the area on the way back. I love that trip because there's also birds, gators, deer, bucks, rabbits, elk, boar and muskrats along the way.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

That's why I like the Panther South of braithwait manor, short ride to Rhodes.

I'll have to check the cougars over by tumbleweed as I'm starting to spend more time over that way fishing and killing condors.

1 minute ago, BurbonChaser said:

That's why I like the Panther South of braithwait manor, short ride to Rhodes.

I'll have to check the cougars over by tumbleweed as I'm starting to spend more time over that way fishing and killing condors.

It really comes down to opportunity for me.  When I spawn in, I get shot in the head by some try-hard with a Varmit Rifle within about twenty seconds while I orient myself about half the time.

If I have time, I whistle over my horse and take off for the largest gap in the player blips on my mini map until I get some distance to plot my next move.  More often than not, I spawn into firefights if I just enter free roam, and even when I select region-specific entries, R* tends to put me into a game that's densely populated when I spawn (probably by design).

IMO, it's more than a bit ridiculous to have people wait to load, spawn, and then spend ten minutes riding across the map for some peace and quiet, or attempting to do a mission.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It really comes down to opportunity for me.  When I spawn in, I get shot in the head by some try-hard with a Varmit Rifle within about twenty seconds while I orient myself about half the time.

If I have time, I whistle over my horse and take off for the largest gap in the player blips on my mini map until I get some distance to plot my next move.  More often than not, I spawn into firefights if I just enter free roam, and even when I select region-specific entries, R* tends to put me into a game that's densely populated when I spawn (probably by design).

IMO, it's more than a bit ridiculous to have people wait to load, spawn, and then spend ten minutes riding across the map for some peace and quiet, or attempting to do a mission.

You could try choosing to spawn up in Colter (snowy area). There's almost never anyone up there. And even if there is they are usually pretty far away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

Also, there's the Panther South of Braithwait manor, which I believe is the animal that sells for the most money. A 3 star will net you $22.50 for carcass, pelt, meat, claw.

you're right, I know where it is. I go to hunt it often and then I run to rodhes ...