What a day!

YodaMan 3D

So tonight, join some randoms you are doing story missions to gain xp and money.  Clear the mission pretty quick, but while waiting 30 minutes.  We agree to all go hunting.  3 go one way then I go the other.  The other 3 start arguing about one of them accusing another for trying to steal the meat and pelt of the animal he just killed.  About this time, I see dead animal on the ground and look around.  No one in sight, so I skin the beast.  About that time another player rides up and accuses me of stilling his kill, accuses me me of stealing the other pelt, start swearing and raising a fuss.  So I explain what happen, but this player won't be having us getting along and gets even more vulgar and insulting.  By this time the 1st player being accused leaves.  The Asshat starts throwing accusations and take the pelt off my horse, throws it on the ground and catches it on fire.  Not saying it wasn't his kill, their was no one around at the time I found the body, but he really became unhendge over the deal.   Of course the remaining player started agreeing with everything the 1st was saying and at this point they start reading me the riot act about proper edicate for hunting during these missions.   My thought is they did what they could to push us out, but not sure why?  It isn't like they get more xp or gold for their troubles, is there? 

14 minutes ago, jnaron_ngc said:

Some peoples children.

My wife was just telling me that someone in her circle of friends actually lets her 7 YO play Fortnite with headphones and a mic so he could play with other classmates from school.  .....unbelievable how naive some parents are.  If they only knew.

55 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

My wife was just telling me that someone in her circle of friends actually lets her 7 YO play Fortnite with headphones and a mic so he could play with other classmates from school.  .....unbelievable how naive some parents are.  If they only knew.

Agreed! I worked at GameStop over Christmas just as a seasonal employee, and people were coming in with eight and nine year olds buying Red Dead. Even though I explained the language was vulgar, and the online would be even worse with people on mics, they just shrugged their shoulders most of the time and bought the game anyways.  I felt like asking them if they wanted a case of beer for the kids to go with it?

• Haha 4

As the parent of a teenage boy myself, and a gamer most of my life... I get it.  But parents need to be parents and not “friends”.   We want our child to be happy, but not helicopter over them to protect them.  Folks needs to teach their children what is acceptable and what is not.  If your not home... that sh*t is locked down.  If you hear them talking sh*t or irate... shut the internet down.  Simple.... take responsibility. 

• Like 1

Funny part is I work with young people, one thing we are told to teach them is that treat others with respect and don't bully each other.  Then you hear them talking about games like this, then you hear their parents talk about how good of kids they are.  I play these games and will be one of the 1st to have to tell them what jerks their innocent little angels really are. 

19 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

18 hours ago, Jackthestripper said:

Agreed! I worked at GameStop over Christmas just as a seasonal employee, and people were coming in with eight and nine year olds buying Red Dead. Even though I explained the language was vulgar, and the online would be even worse with people on mics, they just shrugged their shoulders most of the time and bought the game anyways.  I felt like asking them if they wanted a case of beer for the kids to go with it?

It's worse with Friday the 13th. I've heard kids as young as 4 or 5 on that game squeaking away trying to talk sh*t.😑

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

It's worse with Friday the 13th. I've heard kids as young as 4 or 5 on that game squeaking away trying to talk sh*t.😑

Wow, I can't believe that.  I mean I can, but that's crazy!!! I've never played that game although I would love to and might pick it up sometime but that is exactly why I just mute everyone as soon as I get on now. 

3 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

Wow, I can't believe that.  I mean I can, but that's crazy!!! I've never played that game although I would love to and might pick it up sometime but that is exactly why I just mute everyone as soon as I get on now. 

That is exactly what I do. If someone is being annoying, I mute them. In the case of RDR2, I just go straight into party chat, even if I'm by myself. The silence is golden.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Do not miss that at all.  Nor do I miss the openly racist parents yelling in the background, "coaching" their kids.  

21 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I've played a few times since their latest update with my old group and sadly none of that has changed.

This is all very very sad.

• Thanks 1

Played online for the first time in ages last night. Rode into first town, got off my horse and this clown shot me and my horse.  Spawned back in, went to ride off,  someone killed me and my horse. Both players were high ranked too and one of them was screaming with laughter into their mics.  Not worth the hassle anymore, can't see Rockstar  doing anything about these idiots.  The game's going on Facebook for sale now.

• Sad 1

WHAT A DAY: I'm proud to report that yesterday, Aces & Eights inadvertently got into a simultaneous firefight with two posses. We defeated both. Our team strategy has evolved and is about to take another leap forward. Kudos to the expert marksmanship from @BurbonChaser and @DistilledGary 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I find that my effectiveness increases with alcohol consumption and judicious use of a shotgun paired with tactical advances aided by suppressing fire.

Well if there's anything that RDR2 has taught us, it's that drinking helps with steady aim...Should totally work in real life, right? 😎 

• Like 1