This wasn't griefing it was just disturbing

thistleburns

So I'd spent a good 10 minutes 'On the Hunt' mission for the bear in Cumberland Falls. Eventually I killed it and took it's pelt. I then made my way back to my horse and began to stow it. As I loaded the pelt my horse collapsed, my first thought was it didn't like the pelt it was too heavy or something, oh no, how wrong I was. Some weird sicko had taken a sniper shot to the horses head and killed it. I just stood there stunned and shocked. This nasty disturbed person had waited for me to come back and took his shot at the exact moment I was 'stowing'.  He had no interest in shooting me, obviously he was relishing the fact I was upset and distressed over this cold blooded killing. I stood next to my dead horse for a few seconds then got on my mic and made it plain he was way out of order, he did't respond. What kind of sick freak does something like that? If your reading this you weirdo you seriously need some psychological help. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

We've all experienced some sort of sick behaviour you can just imagine how they've been brought up! people like this have tiny minds & peckers just got to forget it & don't let IDIOTS like these morons spoil the game for you.  

• Like 1

I mean at least he didn't follow you from session to session trying to kill you and screw up your missions and basically trying to keep you from doing anything all because he ASSUMED you killed him even though you told him several times and he wouldn't listen. Only way he stopped was when we brought him to one of our super trigger happy friends who is just as persistent as he was. All the while this guy was jus mumbling insults the entire time. Blocking him didn't keep him from following us and we all reported him and hopefully something was done, but I hope I never see him again.

And then idk why people get so butt hurt when they are killed for a player/posse assassination. This 6 man posse got so mad they called in 5 extra people to try to kill us afterwards. Happens almost every single time we have to do those types of missions. There was 6 of us but only 4 of us were high rank, the other two were ranks 9-12. So we were outnumbered and trying to move on but they surrounded us and we just hopped sessions. Thankfully they didn't follow.

Report the player using the in game reporting feature (disruptive behavior) and then block them if you're able. Talking or trying to reason with these griefers will likely get you nowhere and actually feeds into their satisfaction over what they have done. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys for the replies, this happened 2 days ago and it's still bugging me. I'm level 50 and have been shot in the most ridiculous circumstances by griefers. Dismounting at the butcher in Rhodes with my stag shot from the bank rooftop, trying to enter the gunsmith in Blackwater shot and killed for no reason etc etc etc I accept that, its part of the game. I didn't get the sickos name either it didn't come up because it was my horse he shot not me or I was too stunned and confused  to notice. I accept being shot by griefers but this just left a nasty taste, it was planned and executed in a truly nasty cruel way. What kind of people are there in this world? The game should be fun  and not making you question what kind of freaks are out there. Maybe I'm naive but I have never, ever shot anyone (in particular their horse) for no reason. Even when I take out a griefer I leave their horse alone, this incident was just cruel and sick. The fact he didn't shoot me speaks volumes, what a psycho, I wonder if it was because I'm female, if so that makes it even worse.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

The fact he didn't shoot me speaks volumes, what a psycho, I wonder if it was because I'm female, if so that makes it even worse.

How does it make it worse if you're a female?

Random bad guy shoots your horse..   I don't think its that deep.  Also don't think that makes him a psycho either.

He's just being a bad guy...lol

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, G IR U IB said:
35 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

I wonder if it was because I'm female, if so that makes it even worse.

Yeah I chose a female cowgirl too (because it annoyed my kid and this and all games are weenie fests) and I sometimes wonder same.  I do find the whole griefers mentality pretty childish.

I do however ever like to hunt down griefers furiously.  You die once you lose a couple of horse skins about it. You keep any fish, meat, and small skins so I'm game.   90% of the time now they either grief and run or I wind up killing them enough they parley away.  Usually the griefers ain't nothing but bunch of whimpy children

I do try to get them in hand to hand combat as getting their butt kicked by a girl seems to get on their nerves, plus she has this slap punch which is funny as heck

3 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

I assume you've not come across the posses who hunt down, non ' white' players and women?  Or maybe your one of them.

You got me, I am one of them.  

I have one goal in free roam. To hog tie all non whites and woman, beat them silly and scream " this is MAGA country" as I ride off into the moonlight.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you!!!.    :D

In all seriousness.  Who cares why people target others?.   Assholes are gonna be assholes.   Players and horses will die.  Both of which respawn..   fairy quickly.

To be upset about something for days, that only lasts a few seconds, in a wild west video game.  Is a bit of stretch.

You're better off getting revenge ASAP or just forgetting about it.

At least you could actually call a horse.  Some of us haven't been able to call for our horses in weeks.

18 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

I assume you've not come across the posses who hunt down, non ' white' players and women?  Or maybe your one of them.

To be fair I've not heard of posses who do that. But then again I'm almost never in game chat and I get way too antsy when there's more than a few people around me solo.

Just because he hasn't heard of them doesn't mean he's one of them. Kinda messed up to assume as such. I didn't think people were being that shitty.

Lol, I used to retaliate griefers but I'm so bored with it, it seems to be what they want, so I pretty much move on from a session where there are stupid children and subnormal idiots.  I try to play the game fairly and for my own enjoyment. I spent hours and hours 8 years ago 'jumping' that was the only way to communicate then (smiles and remembers). And your right they hate being taken down by a girl.  It's so refreshing just to ride past someone who doesn't want to shoot you, adults I guess (we know how to 'play properly').

4 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

So Hudawg you shoot other players horses?

Oooh yes..  All the time.

Not because I want too.  But because players force me to..

If players want to engage in a gun fight me, they need to get off their horse.  If they get off their horse then I won't target their horse.

Unless its a newbie whos not using "Never without one'.   Targeting the horse is pointless then.

Edited by HuDawg

1 hour ago, thistleburns said:

Sorry Kean I'm a newbie, realised I should have posted online after the initial post.

No worries.

1 hour ago, thistleburns said:

Thanks guys for the replies, this happened 2 days ago and it's still bugging me. I'm level 50 and have been shot in the most ridiculous circumstances by griefers. Dismounting at the butcher in Rhodes with my stag shot from the bank rooftop, trying to enter the gunsmith in Blackwater shot and killed for no reason etc etc etc I accept that, its part of the game. I didn't get the sickos name either it didn't come up because it was my horse he shot not me or I was too stunned and confused  to notice. I accept being shot by griefers but this just left a nasty taste, it was planned and executed in a truly nasty cruel way. What kind of people are there in this world? The game should be fun  and not making you question what kind of freaks are out there. Maybe I'm naive but I have never, ever shot anyone (in particular their horse) for no reason. Even when I take out a griefer I leave their horse alone, this incident was just cruel and sick. The fact he didn't shoot me speaks volumes, what a psycho, I wonder if it was because I'm female, if so that makes it even worse.

Can I be honest?  You're overthinking the whole incident.  They don't call it griefing for nothing and that is exactly what they were trying to do.  .....cause you grief.  There's nothing in it for them except the pleasure in seeing you get hot under the collar about it.  When you try to communicate with them, it only serves to bolster their satisfaction in what they did to you.  Mission accomplished.

Like I said before, report them for disruptive behavior and block them if able.  If you can't or don't want to get revenge, then go to a new session if they continue to harass you. 

I'm going to be quite frank and say that it seems you put yourself into some of those situations.  You have to be aware of what others are doing around you especially when riding into town.  If I've got something to lose, I'll simply go somewhere else.  I can usually tell what people are going to do now by just observing their behavior.  

48 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

Please refrain from trying to label others here as such.  We can still have a civil discussion without resorting to such insults.  If someone taunts you with racial slurs, etc. then report that using the in-game feature.  I wouldn't go around assuming anyone's motivation beyond griefing just because of your race or your character.  IME, griefers / trolls are equal opportunity.

1 minute ago, thistleburns said:

Oh and BTW I am am Scottish living in Scotland so have no idea what MAGA means, explain please

Let's drop it and move on please.

8 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

And btw newbies cant get that ability card, do you actually 'play' this game?

I play this game enough.. But im also a little deranged.

If someone kills my horse, I basically hum a little song, get revenge and wait for my horse to respawn.

Kind of like this..

10 minutes ago, thistleburns said:

accept what your saying but 

a) I never put myself into 'situations'

b) yes, i'm probably overthinking

c) I have never insulted anyone, aspertions yes 

d) my mum died last week and I'm drunk

a) That's just my take and suggestion based on the scenarios you've mentioned but ok.

b) Ok

c) Yes, you did but I am asking that we move on.

d) Sorry to hear that but let's try to be respectful to each other here, ok?  

I shot a players horse. I was leaving a mission to fetch a wagon. He stepped out of the safe zone, took a cheap shot at my back (and missed). I turned around to get him, but he was inside the house and safe. So, I murdered his horse and called it a day. He was mad, but I figured he deserved it.

That being said, I never shot a players horse unprovoked. However, the way you described the scene, I can’t help but laugh. Timing it so perfectly that it looks like your horse collapsed under the weight of the pelt... if it happened to me i’d Probably bust a gut on the microphone. Maybe it was uncalled for, and it was definitely grieferish behaviour, but can’t you at least appreciate all the effort he put into that gag? I would find something like this much preferable to getting sniped a split second before I talk to the butcher...

Speaking of butchers in this game, does anyone else find it odd that visiting the butcher is about the most dangerous thing you can do in the west?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Speaking of butchers in this game, does anyone else find it odd that visiting the butcher is about the most dangerous thing you can do in the west?

That's why whenever I'm hunting in the Lemoyne/Roanoke area, I'll look at my map to see whether it's safer to go to the Saint Denis or Rhodes butcher. In extreme cases, I'll even make the trip to Valentine. Same when I'm in West Elizabeth. I'll use the map to decide if I should go to Strawberry, Valentine or Blackwater. I wish carcasses and pelts stored on your horse passed through fast travel.  It would make things so much easier.

Well, I get the tactics. But I can’t help but think it’s like having to climb up on your roof with binoculars before you go out to decide if it’s safer to go to the corner store, gas station or grocery store to get your quart of milk...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Well, I get the tactics. But I can’t help but think it’s like having to climb up on your roof with binoculars before you go out to decide if it’s safer to go to the corner store, gas station or grocery store to get your quart of milk...

At this point, it's been as easy as simply looking at your main map or the RDR2 app to see where players are on the map.  I always spawn into sessions on the other side of the map where I want to be.  The game seems to spawn most players together in the same area.

I hunt away from others and plan my trips to butchers in towns where no one else is.  .....but even when there is someone else around its relatively easy IMO /IME to determine potential threats. Players that appear in buildings that are not accessible are more than likely on the roof.  .....players that are loitering, etc.  I'll just go to another butcher if that's the case. 

Funny thing is that with the new player blip mechanics coming tomorrow you might just have to do what you described.  The blip range will be cut down to 150 meters so doing a little recon before riding into town may be necessary.  I actually think it will make player interaction a little more interesting / exciting myself.   

54 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Yes, I know what you're saying.  Going to the butcher should almost be something mundane.  Might be easier looking for treasure in Lagras with all the gators! LOL

• Like 3