Fishing challenges....

Zampen

I guess it is a way to lure them players wanting this to play the game.... been riding around for hours without seeing one singel player picking flowers,,,, i really hope they do something about that radar but thats me. And yea i thought this would be a option like the show down modes

Edited by Zampen

43 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Why the @#$÷÷- did they include this in the fr rotation.... anyone tried it?  Doesnt pop up for me 

I came on the boards today specifically to find out about the fishing challenge

This sounds right up my alley but so far I cant find anyone who has done it, or seen it pop up or knows how to get it to engage.

Following........

/Here's the announcement.  Sounds like it was on the same day but I guess it only ran for that day (3/19/19)?

See below for a schedule of what’s still to come to the Red Dead Online Beta before our next full update:

• Today - Free Roam Event: Fishing Challenge 
  • March 26 - Target Races and additional PS4 early access content: Open Target Races
  • April 2 - Showdown Mode: Up In Smoke
  • April 9 - Showdown Mode: Plunder/
  • Like 2

Saw outlaw garry play it on Youtube earlier but i havent seen sh*t today either. Was just curious, back to my herb picking instead, only 3000 more to go !

(Ps yea im losing my mind)

Edited by Zampen

Hello Zampen,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We understand that you are not able to find the fishing challenge in Red Dead Online Beta. We would like to inform you that the fishing challenge was only available on the 19th of March

what a joke....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zampen said:

Hello Zampen,

We understand that you are not able to find the fishing challenge in Red Dead Online Beta. We would like to inform you that the fishing challenge was only available on the 19th of March

what a joke....

Well I for one am not laughing!

42 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

In case you missed the posts above, the challenge was on the 19th.

I mentioned in another thread I got a pop up for a free roam fishing challenge last night. I didn't accept it though because I didn't want to lose the cougar I had on my horse at the time.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I didn't receive my fishing care package until last night either.

Edited by Vaderspupil

From my understanding, it’s part of the cycle of free roam challenges... which means your odds of getting it to pop up are about as good as archery challenge, or fools gold, or any of the others... I cold be wrong and maybe it’s a one day thing they did...

all these challenge modes should just be open in free roam, making it a different lobby is counter productive, i joined one regarding getting the most kills with a bow, i instantly thought okay i can fight NPCs or hunt etc.. nope it kicked me out of my lobby and made me join a PvP session lmao. I instantly quit back to free roam.

Fishing challenge event shouldnt make you leave your current lobby.

and to add insult to injury it was only up for one day?? Ugh i have always been a realist but even my friends who praise this game are starting to see the bullsh*t rockstar is doing

Edited by Born Homicidal

Im still in a conversation with rs about this and all they have to say is that it is explained in their news wire artichel about the fishing challenge and i wish for them to explain whats going on...... tbc

Anna K. (Rockstar Support)

Mar 22, 12:41 EDT

Hello Zampen,

I understand that you were asking about the Fishing Challenge and the Free items care package. I do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you. I have gone ahead and provided a link to the Newswire that talks about the Fishing Challenge in order to help explain it a bit more than what has already been previously stated. The free items should have been added to the post office for you to go pick up. 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60897/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-New-Fishing-Challenge-Free-Roam-Event-Added-Today

Edited by Zampen

My brain is melting... I cannot possibly comprehend how badly they messed this up

I was on for 6 hours tuesday night and the fishing challenge did not cycle through ONCE!

Friends that haven't played in awhile were eager to hop on this weekend to take part... now they will be pointing and laughing at me as they go back to games that aren't severely broken

Their newswire post states that this challenge would be added to the free roam rotation... NOWHERE in their post did it state that this would be a one day event.... 100% the upcoming lame ass showdown modes will be given a permanent home 

I am slowly dying inside with how they are treating their fanbase

Had the challenge pop up for me earlier, fortunately right as I was finishing selling to a butcher. Was really good fun actually, I hope they keep it in the rotation and increase its frequency. Didn’t see exactly how much I won from it but I think I got a decent wedge of cash and you keep all your catch so I walked away with 9 salmon. Only bad thing is, as mentioned above, you all spawn in that spot at the end so easy pickings if anyone is of a mind to rampage.

• Like 1

I finally got an invite to the fishing challenge.

Last night/ this morning and it was pretty cool, we were taken to Brandywine drop and about 8 players took part.

It took several hours of playing for me to get an invite, but it did eventually happen.