How much in game dollars have you spent on the online beta? No cheats or noobs that pay for gold bars

ForresLoun

Hello. So I Haven't seen many threads on rdr2 in regard to the online beta. It would be cool if there was an online leaderboard for freeroam Showing in game stats. And then I wondered who had grinded the game the most financially without any cheating. I've managed $18700 since I started playing. Anyone made 30k?

Im not sure how its cool.. Or what you consider cheating.

The only grind that actually matters in RD O is ability cards and levels.    

Its not like its a RPG or a looter game.

R* has managed to make RD O so dull.  Theres barely any incentive to buy gold bars.  Im still wearing the same clothing since the 1st week of RD O.   I spent $6 for the gold bar deal just to customize my guns ASAP and never had a reason to buy more.

Id rather pay for gold and get what I want asap then 'grind' anyways.

57 minutes ago, Traks1 said:

"noobs that pay for gold bars"...sheesh!.😂

Yeah I was going to say. This is hardly a "noob" thing. The game is designed for you to want to spend real money to boost your character and also to keep the game earning money so they can later invest in new things for us to have. Those "noobs" keep this game gaining more in development. lol

1 hour ago, Traks1 said:

"noobs that pay for gold bars"...sheesh!.😂

Those "noobs" are what drive the GaaS model.  Without them buying GBs for cosmetic MTXs, games like thus would be shirt lived.

I'm not one to buy into it but I can appreciate those who do because they keep the games going.

Yer, I have wilfully "cheated" to the tune of about £50 so far. I'm so ashamed that I worked all my real life to be able to buy things I like when I like. What a noob!🤣

Edited by Traks1
  • Like 1

Everyone over here jumping on that "microtransactions are bad!" bandwagon like mindless sheep.

I've probably dropped a couple hundred on gold bars. Not sure how much I've made in in game cash/gold.

The grind for ranks isn't bad at all compared to a lot of other MMOs I've played. Seems like someone in this thread other than OP is hella salty about how the game is turning out.

I look around at how many level 200  and higher players there are, do you think any of them did it the hard way?

In my case it would take around 750 hours of play to get to level 200 based on how many hours it took me to get to level 25, extrapolating the data gives me like 750 hours or something like that,.

At 4 or 5 hours per session we are talking about 150 5 hour sessions, has beta even been active for 150 days, ?

Either I am the slowest xp getter ever or folks are playing 15 hours a day 7 days a week, or they used an exploit to gain some xp at some point.

Edited by lumper

27 minutes ago, lumper said:

I look around at how many level 200  and higher players there are, do you think any of them did it the hard way?

Did anyone really grind all the way to level 200? without doing something that is now no longer available, ie cop killing, cougar pelt replicating, etc...

I've grinded my way to level 111 the hard way. All of my levels and all of the cash I've spent has come from hours and hours of play every day. I do admit to mowing down the law in Saint Denis a couple of times, but I've done that very sparingly, just to raise one level quickly when I needed it. I wasn't much of a fan of doing it because I hated taking the hit to my honor. Now with the bounty system it's  not even worth it because your bounty would escalate so quickly.

Edited by Vaderspupil

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I've grinded my way to level 111 the hard way. All of my levels and all of the cash I've spent has come from hours and hours of play every day. I do admit to mowing down the law in Saint Denis a couple of times, but I've done that very sparingly, just to raise one level quickly when I needed it. Now with the bounty system it's  not worth it because your bounty would escalate so quickly.

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with killing cops to gain xp, lol Im just curious how many people actually put in the long hours to get there.

Sounds like you put in a lot of time.

For me I have put in around 73 hours to get to level 25.

so x 10 to get to level 250 means I would need to play over 700 hours and that could take months, maybe a year, lol.

Something def seems off.

Edited by lumper

1 minute ago, lumper said:

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with killing cops to xp, lol Im just curious how many people actually put in the long hours to get there.

so x 10 to get to level 250 means I would need to play over 700 hours and that could take months, maybe a year, lol.

Something def seems off.

Yeah, playing this game has pretty much become a 2nd job for me. I have no life.☺

• Haha 1

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with killing cops to gain xp, lol Im just curious how many people actually put in the long hours to get there.

Something def seems off.

I only ever put in 6-8 hours a day, not everyday. It's really not that hard to rank. But it is slower if you're solo and don't know how to manage your time. Along with how to get the most out of missions. 

Running with a full posse, from 28 to 60, took me about a week. IDK why do many think people hack to get to ranks 100-200. Now 350+? Either no life or yeah they did some questionable things to get there. I'm rank 169 and I still get maybe 1-2 ranks per day and that's with I think needing about 8,000-9,000 exp per rank.

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

Yeah, playing this game has pretty much become a 2nd job for me. I have no life.☺

I can definitely see that, lol.

Again for me to catch you, based on the first 25 levels ive done, I woudl need to play around 300 hours to get to level 110.

So 60 days in a row of 5 hours a day or so, and again, it isnt realistic or possible, So I just wonder how people get to level 200 without finding an exploit, I just dont see it.

9 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I only ever put in 6-8 hours a day, not everyday. It's really not that hard to rank. But it is slower if you're solo and don't know how to manage your time. Along with how to get the most out of missions. 

Running with a full posse, from 28 to 60, took me about a week. IDK why do many think people hack to get to ranks 100-200. Now 350+? Either no life or yeah they did some questionable things to get there. I'm rank 169 and I still get maybe 1-2 ranks per day and that's with I think needing about 8,000-9,000 exp per rank.

You climb 8 or 9 ranks a day?!? how??

I think I read that wrong, lol.

I takes me 5 hours to climb one level lol, sure im alone, not in a posse, and mostly hunting, but I do clear any hideouts I come across, ive done all the available story missions, stranger missions, etc..

I can see maybe 2 ranks, if you have a posse and better strategy but 8 or 9? I dont see how that is possible at least not for me, I dunno what you do to achieve that but I sure would like too.

Maybe give me an example of a a session that you climbed 8 levels, what exactly did you do?

Edited by lumper

9 minutes ago, lumper said:

You climb 8 or 9 ranks a day?!? how??

I think I read that wrong, lol.

I takes me 5 hours to climb one level lol, sure im alone, not in a posse, and mostly hunting, but I do clear any hideouts I come across, ive done all the available story missions, stranger missions, etc..

I can see maybe 2 ranks, if you have a posse and better strategy but 8 or 9? I dont see how that is possible at least not for me, I dunno what you do to achieve that but I sure would like too.

Maybe give me an example of a a session that you climbed 8 levels, what exactly did you do?

Holding out the 15 minute missions net you about $20 and 450-600 exp. 20 minute missions (namely those wagon ones), give about $25-30 and 750-800 exp. I've had a couple of the 25 minute ones give $45 and 850 exp though. But while you're waiting out the mission, hunt do whatever. Kill birds, 10 exp per bird. As I generally need animal fat for explosives, I have to kill quite a lot of geese/ducks/pheasants.

On the way to other missions if a hideout pops up, do that. Kill predators like cougars, gives 15-20? exp per one. Plus good money.

Story missions, the dishonorable one gives $55 and 1080 exp if you hold it for 25-30 minutes. Same thing applies, hunt fish do whatever but this time without having to worry about other players killing you.

Lately we've been doing showdowns, the ones we're invited to like fools gold and King of the Hill. Gives about $25-30 and 500 exp if you win or get second place and my posse and I almost always win those.

There's more to it. But I'm at work. Generally we're constantly doing missions. Couple of us watch over it, rest of us do whatever. Daily challenges help now too, we didn't have that until recently. Reset your challenges too for the gold.

• Like 1

So, what is the deal with waiting longer in missions for more xp, I dont understand, why dos running the clock out give you more?

I am still programmed by the single player to hurry up, but you are suggesting that if you take your time or drag your feet the is more of a benefit?

So, what is the deal with waiting longer in missions for more xp, I dont understand, why dos running the clock out give you more?

I am still programmed by the single player to hurry up, but you are suggesting that if you take your time or drag your feet the is more of a benefit?

Rockstar logic says the longer you take on a mission the more you get. Ass backwards? Yep. But it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Renascent said:

People always assume people hack to achieve high levels. It is easy to rank up fast. You just have to manage your time in game wisely. Showdown yields good money/xp. Replaying story missions and stranger missions pay descent. I ranked up a ton playing Spoils of War last week. Stranger missions are cool and all, but holding a wagon or bag for 10mins gets old. In that time I can run two Showdown matches. 

1 minute ago, Savage_Reaper said:

People always assume people hack to achieve high levels. It is easy to rank up fast. You just have to manage your time in game wisely. Showdown yields good money/xp. Replaying story missions and stranger missions pay descent. I ranked up a ton playing Spoils of War last week. Stranger missions are cool and all, but holding a wagon or bag for 10mins gets old. In that time I can run two Showdown matches. 

That's why we've been mixing it up with the showdowns. At this rank it does get old, especially with how many missions we can bang out in a day.

The Teddy Brown mish (for example) which I have done a million or so times with randoms always netted pocket change and maybe 150-200xp. With someone who knows the score and not counting cash or xp from any other activities you undertake while lolly gagging a mission you are looking at upwards of $50 and over a 1000 xp for hanging it out.

5 minutes ago, Renascent said:

That's why we've been mixing it up with the showdowns. At this rank it does get old, especially with how many missions we can bang out in a day.

I hear you. I am in the 180s and it is like 10k+ for each level now. Got tired of sitting on wagons for 10mins. Lol. Never been a huge fan of Showdown but it has grown on me these past few weeks. I make more money and xp too. Spoils of War is my favorite and Hostile Territory is a close second. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, D3x said:

The online end is meant to be played on a mic so you are speaking on behalf of your character in a way. I would love to see the mouths move when you are talking on a mic though.

2 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

To be clear I am not assuming anything, I am just asking, the math suggests there is something off.

I get it that managing my time better will definitely help me gain more xp than I have so far, no doubt.

But will it yield triple or 4 x as much? I highly doubt it.

I have joined a few times and done nothing but missions of every sort, gang hideouts, and then played fishing challenges, fools gold, etc.. and still never gone more than 1 level in a 4 or 5 hours session.

So just looking at the time it took me, and then considering a better way, lets say twice as good, it will still take 300 hours of game play to get to level 200 and that doesnt seem realistic to me, but it is what it is.

Im on the grind, lol, done fishing for cash, and now trying to find better more effective ways to level up.

If you are over level 200 and didnt use any exploits then I applaud you, well done!!

I just dont think I will be able to find a way to gain 1 level every 2 hours in game, if I could, that would be great.

27 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Rockstar logic says the longer you take on a mission the more you get. Ass backwards? Yep. But it is what it is.

I suppose that is because in those type missions other players can attack and get involved, and the longer you are active the more likely that is going to happen?
So the longer it takes you the more likely you will have to defend?

thus more xp?

I really wish game developers would make short videos explaining to us in person what they were thinking and why when things like this are questioned so we not only get what to do to best manage our time, but why they did it that way and what they were thinking, I think that would be remarkably helpful.

I learn something everyday and I will surely die stupid.

Edited by lumper

Its all grinding or exploiting, I managed to get to 180 level but been playing since start, first been doing story missions over and over so low level players just were onlookers, got around 1500xp per each mission, now it's not possible unless you are amongst low level players, then did around 1200 free roam missions and the stats in game menu display spent 20 days in game so it took me 20x24 almost 500 hours no cheats or exploits it's grind if you don't cheat

When I look at what my time is worth, essentially how much I am currently paid for an hour's work, it becomes very apparent to me that in the long run spending $19.95 for 55 Gold Bars is a hell-of-alot cheaper, in terms of my time's investment, than grinding out the hours to achieve the same gold payout. But then, I think the same way about a lot of activities. How much is it going to cost me to have some neighborhood kid mow my lawn vs. how much "time" it would take me and whether I want to invest my time into it.  

Call me a n00b.  I don't care.  I am not even a little ashamed of it.