Is there a chart or worksheet for xp

lumper

Question

I would like to know two things.

.01) definitively what is the FASTEST way to earn xp per hour in game?

.02) is there a list where I can see how much xp you earn for each thing you can do? like per fish caught, or animal skinned or enemies killed etc...?

I would just like to understand better how to earn xp.

No matter how I do it I seem to make around 100$ per trip and they seem to take most of an in game day, I think I can do two trips in three days.

I dont know how much xp it gives me exactly but I can tell you so far 7 trips and I still need 1200 xp points to level up one click, from 24 to 25, it seems like thats way too slow.

I hate grinding for hours and hours to make what seems to amount to almost no progress.

I have developed what I thought was a pretty efficient system but this cant be the best way, there must be a faster way.

Any information and examples of things you have done that earn you more xp per hour/day in game would be greatly appreciated.

19 answers to this question

Well I don't have a chart or anything, but I can tell you that hunting is one of the slowest ways to gain xp.  Do as many of the daily challenges as you can each day. Each one is worth 200 xp. Clearing enemy hideouts is worth 150 xp plus the xp you get for killing the enemies themselves. You'll get bonus xp for headshots, long distance shots, using special ammo, etc. Go into your progress menu and look at your awards. If you've achieved any gold belt buckles, make sure you reset those awards if it lets you because you get xp for each milestone you reach on every reward. You can reset awards up to 10 times as you achieve them. Stranger missions are always good for xp. Take your time, the less time left on the clock when you finish it, the more xp and money you get. Finally, there's always pvp. The showdown series is pretty good for money and xp. Spoils of war was great for it.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

but I can tell you that hunting is one of the slowest ways to gain xp

Was this nerfed by chance? I reset my character and it seems like it is taking me so much longer to level up. I do quite a bit of hunting but I feel like it is getting me nowhere fast.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D3x said:

Was this nerfed by chance? I reset my character and it seems like it is taking me so much longer to level up. I do quite a bit of hunting but I feel like it is getting me nowhere fast.

Not that I know of. I think it's always been like this. You just don't get much xp from shooting animals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lumper said:

01) definitively what is the FASTEST way to earn xp per hour in game?

Just play an hour or so of some showdown series or free room a day.

Back when free room was 32 players a win netted me like $60 and 2800 XP with 20% bonus, plus the XP for headshot, special ammo  before match starts.  Now it's somewhere around $30 and 500-750 XP tops, around $15/250 XP for 2nd or 3rd

MVP in showdown small is around the same, depends on your score as compared to the rest of the field.

Even a loss on showdown/free room I believe is like 100 to 150 XP every 10 minutes plus headshot/special ammo XP

As others have said the horse races pay squat, gun rush pays pretty good too.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I made level 25 finally, feels like it took forever.

I used almost only fishing, hunting, cleared 6 or 8 hideouts, got 3 or 4 treasure maps,, and tried the story missions, a couple stranger missions, maybe 5 or 6, and  a pvp mode, etc, 
I didnt realize that fishing/hunting was a slow way to gain xp, I was under the impression it was a good way to go, but I see it is a safe way to go but slow.

Now that I am nearly set up, I am going to shift my focus from fishing and hunting to playing the various missions and opportunities that are out there and gain the rest of my xp like that.

I only need about 750$ more to be satisfied with my current loadout so money isnt going to be the focus much after that for a while.

I upgraded all my cards to tier 3 already, I just have a few details to finalize.

Edited by lumper

4 hours ago, lumper said:

Thanks everyone, I made level 25 finally, feels like it took forever.

I used almost only fishing, hunting, cleared 6 or 8 hideouts, got 3 or 4 treasure maps,, and tried the story missions, a couple stranger missions, maybe 5 or 6, and  a pvp mode, etc, 
I didnt realize that fishing/hunting was a slow way to gain xp, I was under the impression it was a good way to go, but I see it is a safe way to go but slow.

Now that I am nearly set up, I am going to shift my focus from fishing and hunting to playing the various missions and opportunities that are out there and gain the rest of my xp like that.

I only need about 750$ more to be satisfied with my current loadout so money isnt going to be the focus much after that for a while.

I upgraded all my cards to tier 3 already, I just have a few details to finalize.

Question on your final reaction: "What's the noticeable effect on upgrading from Tier 2 to 3 at 500,00 each!!"

4 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Question on your final reaction: "What's the noticeable effect on upgrading from Tier 2 to 3 at 500,00 each!!"

I cant say yet that it is a noticeable amount of difference as I havent used them really, but what they say is this, (paraphrasing of course.)

Paint it black for example, tier 1, with each shot you take your dead eye drains a little, tier 2, your dead eye drains a small amount, tier 3 your dead eye drains a tiny amount, etc..

So I assume it is just a better more exaggerated example of the effect whether it be dead eye drain, or damage inflicted etc..

Since I have done so little fighting up til now, I dont think I will ever really know for sure, I upgraded all of my cards to tier 3 already, the only one I havent activated is available at level 40 and I just hit 25 last night so.....

2 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Wrong video.

This explains alot, including how so many people leveled up so quickly early on, sigh...Let me guess, everyone who did this  got to keep all their ill gotten gains from this exploit?
Nobody was penalized and lost their XP after the fact?

I remember while playing my third play through and ignoring the Online Beta seeing these videos in Blackwater of people climbing the ladder to the roof, then killing cops by the dozens, and I didnt understand why, I wasn't impressed or interested in playing the online at that point, as I was still loving the single player and was on my third and most thorough play through.

Hopefully as these are discovered the FEW people who couldn't help themselves and loaded up on Xp via an exploit were compelled to give it back, ie have it taken back by R*.

But somehow I doubt that happened.

Edited by lumper

8 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Typically tier 1 cards give you a small boost, tier 2 gives a medium boost and tier 3 gives a large boost.

Thanks👍 Go for Tier 3 one by one!

Edited by Herta47

dude... honestly... there are no shortcuts... sure, you could go for the newest exploit and risk your account being reset... not worth it

you just gotta grind what makes the game enjoyable for yourself... I don't care about xp so I hunt and fish alot... dailies, hideouts, gold story and stranger missions till the clock ticks down are what you're looking for... then grind an hour of showdown

there aren't many options so choose the ones you enjoy the most

and sorry, but I get a LARGE amount of xp from hunting... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

Edited by Kean_1
combined back to back posts

Not to pull this away from the OP, but when it comes to hunting and XP, do you get more for doing manual hunting? (Using your knife vs your gun) I am not sure if there is a difference or not but if there is, I want to see if it is worth it. 

18 hours ago, FLIP said:

Not to pull this away from the OP, but when it comes to hunting and XP, do you get more for doing manual hunting? (Using your knife vs your gun) I am not sure if there is a difference or not but if there is, I want to see if it is worth it. 

the only difference is a 3* pelt if it was 3* to begin with, same XP

Ozzy thanks man, that is exactly what I was asking about, I wish we had one for everything, like value of animals towards xp, and other things you can do earn xp and what they pay, but this resource is great!! thanks

On 3/29/2019 at 1:00 AM, nshanny73 said:

dude... honestly... there are no shortcuts... sure, you could go for the newest exploit and risk your account being reset... not worth it

you just gotta grind what makes the game enjoyable for yourself... I don't care about xp so I hunt and fish alot... dailies, hideouts, gold story and stranger missions till the clock ticks down are what you're looking for... then grind an hour of showdown

there aren't many options so choose the ones you enjoy the most

and sorry, but I get a LARGE amount of xp from hunting... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

I am not looking for any shortcuts, I just want to know where to invest my time, where the pay outs of XP are highest so I use my time well and earn the max amount of xp that I can as I go, rather than waste time with things that pay little to no XP at all.

The list Ozzy produced is great, at least it shows you what to expect for those stranger missions.

Im now at level 37 and doing fine, but I would still like to find a resource that outlines the xp pay outs.

• Thanks 1

Not sure why killing lawmen in Blackwater/St Denis or having a shoot-out with Del Lobos in Thieves Landing is considered an exploit. This has always been a part of R* games - finding a location where you can have a good shootout with NPCs. Its good fun when you get a bit tired of the other aspects of the game and a great way to reduce honour after doing loads of hunting, which you need to be able to do in order to do certain 'legitimate' activities in online. It also is not without consequences for your character so to me its just another aspect of the game you can choose to partake in or not.