Pamphlets

Herta47

I'am now at lvl 64. According to that lvl I should have/or can buy some pamhplet. 

1. Where can I find my pamphlets, buy or upgrade them? 
  2. Is there a sheet available on how to obtain/cost/usage?

Uptill now I never used them!

Not sure how many it's possible to get this way but I have gotten pamphlets from treasure chests. Unfortunately I've gotten the same one twice that way (Special Horse Stimulant). Holding off purchasing them from a fence as long as possible in case I get lucky again. I did buy the split point ammo pamphlet though, to accelerate the crafting and collection from delivery box award progression.

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Not sure how many it's possible to get this way but I have gotten pamphlets from treasure chests. Unfortunately I've gotten the same one twice that way (Special Horse Stimulant). Holding off purchasing them from a fence as long as possible in case I get lucky again. I did buy the split point ammo pamphlet though, to accelerate the crafting and collection from delivery box award progression.

Finding pamphlets in a treasure chest is extremely rare.

Every game I have played recently their has been a guy who loved to do spreadsheets and always did this stuff and posted it online, unfortunately I haven't been able to find a complete guide on pamphlets, just this from RDR2 single player is pretty close but doesn't give costs...

https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/27/red-dead-redemption-2-crafting-guide/

My take...

Pamphlets are way overpriced for what you get.  I blew all my gold (earned not purchased) on explosive slugs, their just okay.

Remember that allot of them have ingredients you need to find and not sell.

Split point was a waste of money because Express or High Velocity loads are way better and the way to go

4 minutes ago, Dissention said:

Split point was a waste of money because Express or High Velocity loads are way better and the way to go

Not a waste if you want to complete some of the awards more quickly than would otherwise be possible, and its a cheap way of getting the special ammo bonus xp per kill. I don't regret buying that pamphlet at all.

Just not sure why you have to pay someone $400 or so for a slip of paper to tell you to take a knife to the tip of your bullets but then they had no youtube or reddit in the late 19th century...

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

Here are the pamphlets I feel are worth it to buy.

Special health cure

Special snake oil

Special miracle tonic

Explosive slugs

Explosive express ammo

Fire arrows

Dynamite arrows

Incendiary buckshot 

Horse meal

Special horse reviver

I wonder how much all of that costs together lol..

probably like 3-5k

42 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

Is the usage of pamphlets limited or unlimited? 

Unlimited, they are recipes so as long as you gather the required items to craft them you can make them however many times you'd like.

some have a cap on how much you can carry though like fire arrows you can only carry 8 at a time.

23 hours ago, Poggy said:

Some pamphlets don't seem to work ... Fire bottles and volatile dynamite ...

I got the fire bottle one when I was just starting out, and it never registers as "read," but I am able to craft them when I have the ingredients. I read it after every update, but so far it's still glitched. Already reported it to R*.

• Like 1