Help needed - griefers ruining game

dcg911

I have a huge group of griefers that stream snipe a friend of mine who streams at least 3x a week. you may be familiar with them. They go by **... or **********. i have a FULL list on 72 names. they are insane. threatening to break your modem and such "we have a guy who specializes in vpns" like... these folks are the scum of Xbox. ive never reached out for help like this on ANY online game ever. do not feel bad attacking any one of these people. if you dont believe me they are griefers, do your research. they do NOT lay low. that is how i found this. happy hunting. me and my friends play in peace, we never shoot first. but as i said, this club or whatever you want to call it, jumps us at least 3x a week with explosive rounds with at least 5-14 members at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

i mean these people are legit scum. im gonna be posting it on ever forum and reddit i can find. they earned it. this isnt a 1 day thing. i has been over 7 weeks. my friend is an up and coming streamer with 1.1k follows in 2 months. she is the most consistently watched rdr2 online streamer on mixer. she helps the game more then anyone on this site, no offense. she puts it out there, like herself .. has fun and lets anyone play with her. she is good people that just wants to play rdr2 . one of the few that has stayed on the game that continues to grow more and more irrelevant every day because of... griefers/ streamsnipes. ggs tho dude. no words

and if i sound salty, it is because i am. i am beyond salty. not with you @Kean_1 particularly .. just the over situation. ive quit rdr2 because it is stupid. i have a lvl 105 character and 125. but as i stated earlier it is DYING because of people like this. we can usually make griefers quit. but when there is SIXTY+ members, it is kind of impossible.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dcg911 said:

i mean these people are legit scum. im gonna be posting it on ever forum and reddit i can find. they earned it. this isnt a 1 day thing. i has been over 7 weeks. my friend is an up and coming streamer with 1.1k follows in 2 months. she is the most consistently watched rdr2 online streamer on mixer. she helps the game more then anyone on this site, no offense. she puts it out there, like herself .. has fun and lets anyone play with her. she is good people that just wants to play rdr2 . one of the few that has stayed on the game that continues to grow more and more irrelevant every day because of... griefers/ streamsnipes. ggs tho dude. no words

and if i sound salty, it is because i am. i am beyond salty. not with you @Kean_1 particularly .. just the over situation. ive quit rdr2 because it is stupid. i have a lvl 105 character and 125. but as i stated earlier it is DYING because of people like this. we can usually make griefers quit. but when there is SIXTY+ members, it is kind of impossible.

I understand your frustration.  However, there is nothing we can do it about it here.  What you need to do is contact R* directly.  

My suggestion is to first use the in-game reporting feature whenever one of these scenarios occur.  Second, while I don't know how the XB1 blocking feature works (if it even does), I would suggest using it if possible.  On PS4 I can block people so they can see anything about me, they can't send messages, follow me, etc.  There is even some mixed information about it even working in RDO to not pair players with those they blocked.

I would also look into contacting R* Support (https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.96152732.1023094034.1554996796-1719606522.1525287356). Let them know your situation and if you are reporting them in-game, let them know that is not working.  If you are not happy with the response of the first tier rep(s), there is an option to have your case escalated.

Contact MS.....   Again, I don;t know how this works with your platform but you can also contact MS regarding your issue asking for their assistance in trying to block these players from your sessions, etc.  

I'm not claiming to have the answers to your problem nor am I suggesting if your follow the above advice that your will get a satisfactory result.  .....but I will tell you that naming & shaming here will not get you anywhere.  While we welcome you to stay and enjoy the site, contribute, etc., we do have rules.  ....and among those rules, spamming and shaming are not allowed.  

I ask you now, you are more than welcome to discuss your problem @ RDR2.org but please respect our rules and our community here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, dcg911 said:

I HAVE A HUGE group of griefers that stream snipe a friend of mine whom streams at least 3x a week. you may be familiar with them. They go by ********. i have a FULL list on 72 names. they are insane. threatening to break your modem and such "we have a guy who specializes in vpns" like... these folks are the SCUM of xbox. ive never reached out for help like this on ANY online game ever. do not feel bad attacking any one of these people. if you dont believe me they are griefers, do your research. they do NOT lay low. that is how i found this. happy hunting. me and my friends play in peace, we never shoot first. but as i said, this club or whatever you want to call it, jumps us at least 3x a week with explosive rounds with at least 5-14 members at a time. 

Lol..

Sorry dude, that's pretty funny.

Wish I had people who would come after me like that.  

3 hours ago, dcg911 said:

thanx, i appreciate it. as i said im not frequent on sites like this so wasnt aware that was so frowned upon. ill take the measure youve suggested, thank u

No problem.  

Naming & shaming is a common rule on many forums I've found.  They don't allow it for several reasons and on a personal level, I'd probably suggest not calling people out like that as it may make your situation even worse.

btw, if they ever did send threatening messages especially via the XB1 system and you still have it, report it.  If MS is anything like Sony in that regard, they dont take harassment like that lightly.

....so with that being said, let's all keep the discussion about ways to help the OP avoid these players, blocking recommendations, reporting tips ,etc.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zampen said:

Just parley or change server = problem solved

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH omg dude. i mean me and my posse are between 150 and 250.. dont u think we'd have thought of that ? lol u think id find a website, make a user name and post BEFORE trying that?! lmao dude. these people go above and beyond. they repeat joining sessions til they find u. they look at recent players. they look at your friends lists. i mean dang, give me a little credit instead of just "parley and switch sessions" oooooof

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Lol..

Sorry dude, that's pretty funny.

Wish I had people who would come after me like that.  

no you dont. lmao there is 60 of them and the come at u with 5-14 players with explosive rounds. yes we defend ourselves. no they dont out kill us. it has been 6weeks of it at least 1 time a day.. it is boring and lame now. trust me it's just annoying . lmao

Just now, Zampen said:

Well block them then.....

omg guys. please please please just pretend i do all the normal things when it comes to griefers. there is SIXTY . i have blocked lots of them . lmao . did u see the part where i said they just join session after session looking through players lists, using recent players (because even if u block and appear offline you can still join on recent players sessions) and using your friends list via you full profile. honestly . im not trying to be a jerk. but id have NEVER made this account on this site and made my post if i hadnt done the typical measures. goodness gracious. these are not your typical one and done greifers!!!!!!!!!! they are smart and persistent and have a massive group.

Well then i wish you Good luck with that and pray you find some lonesome cowpokes that can protect you on your journey. Best wishes from a lonesome cowgirl from Rhodes. Im not very smart and have put my gunslinger Days behind me, just looking to settle down in a house near valentine with a man without beard.

Edited by Zampen
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Well then i wish you Good luck with that and pray you find some lonesome cowpokes that can protect you on your journey. Best wishes from a lonesome cowgirl from Rhodes. Im not very smart and have put my gunslinger Days behind me, just looking to settle down in a house near valentine with a man without beard.

No beard but live in Tall Trees, 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@dcg911,

Hey, at least Zampen is trying to help. Hardly deserving of your disrespectful tone wouldn't you say?

How do we know what you have tried or not? If you're not willing to accept suggestions on how you can better your situation, then what do you want from us?  

While I can sympathize given your situation, I don't really see the point in even trying to continue helping if this is how it will be received. 

As Zamoen said, good luck.

10 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

@dcg911,

Hey, at least Zampen is trying to help. Hardly deserving of your disrespectful tone wouldn't you say?

How do we know what you have tried or not? If you're not willing to accept suggestions on how you can better your situation, then what do you want from us?  

While I can sympathize given your situation, I don't really see the point in even trying to continue helping if this is how it will be received. 

As Zamoen said, good luck.

no tone. im terrible at conveying tone and such via text. no harm meant

and i dont need mods help, but i am thankful for it. what i need is out of the box thinking.. as ive said everything typical you'd do has been done. i checked the batteries and made sure it is plugged in so to speak

Edited by Kean_1
Combined consecutive posts
  • Haha 1

If they are really that big of an issue, contact Rockstar about them. I am sure they don't want other players doing this kind of stuff and threatening other players. The group sounds like a bunch of pussies. lol

Edited by HIGHHorse
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dcg911 said:

no you dont. lmao there is 60 of them and the come at u with 5-14 players with explosive rounds. yes we defend ourselves. no they dont out kill us. it has been 6weeks of it at least 1 time a day.. it is boring and lame now. trust me it's just annoying . lmao

I really don't care if theres a 1000 of them all strapped to a chair with diapers on so they can hunt me 24/7.    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  I also think something else is going on here.

If these guys are joining your games and finding you so easily..  You have a rat in your group.

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm kind of guessing that you're running around forums trying to recruit a lynch party to deal with the guys on your hit-list.

The problem is that this only perpetuates the problem.  Instead of one group running around griefing others, you now have two.

As above (a few times), all you should do is report/block/move and accept the fact that high-ranking streamers will get targetted, it's the price of fame.

For advice, contact other popular streamers and ask how they deal with being targeted like this.  I really doubt that it's through raising lynch parties.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcg911 said:

and i dont need mods help, but i am thankful for it. what i need is out of the box thinking.. as ive said everything typical you'd do has been done. i checked the batteries and made sure it is plugged in so to speak

out of the box thinking....hmmmm.....try another game. you too salty bruh.

13 hours ago, dcg911 said:

I'm been on PSN for years and I don't think I've added any players to my block list. RDO pops up and I have now added over 100 and reported them in the game itself. I have no idea if it works (I haven't really kept track of the griefers that have popped me while spawning in, fishing, walking the butcher with a pig in my arms, etc. I just report/block and forget).

Reporting and blocking is all I have right now because I feel fighting back gives the griefers what they want. Even if you kill some of them, I think that feeds into a weird psychotic...well, I won't go there.

It's obvious that with current daily challenges of "20 Players killed" and upcoming promises of "restructured Daily Challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in Free Roam," some players are even confused as to how they should play. Younger or more impressionable players who aren't fully mentally developed are definitely not being helped by Rockstar's rather confusing behavior. While Rockstar could choose to lead them in a positive direction, they have chosen to meander a little aimlessly at this point.

Hopefully the offensive/defensive update, along with "restructured Daily Challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in Free Roam," will have the effect that most of us seem to want.

Edited by Netnow66
  • Like 1

Well, heres how I see it.

Even if your friend is the most popular Red Dead Streamer.  Its still shot in the dark trying to land in a lobby with him in it.  I doubt they are constantly joining lobby after lobby trying to land in your lobby.  

Someone is helping them either by mistake or on purpose.  Either by inviting them to come to the game OR by having one of them on their friends list.

If what you're saying is true and they're constantly finding you so easily every time you guys stream.  Id go with someone is inviting them to the game.  

Or someone is friends with one of them. (Maybe not even noticing) and they are just joining any time they want.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well, heres how I see it.

Even if your friend is the most popular Red Dead Streamer.  Its still shot in the dark trying to land in a lobby with him in it.  I doubt they are constantly joining lobby after lobby trying to land in your lobby.  

Someone is helping them either by mistake or on purpose.  Either by inviting them to come to the game OR by having one of them on their friends list.

If what you're saying is true and they're constantly finding you so easily every time you guys stream.  Id go with someone is inviting them to the game.  

Or someone is friends with one of them. (Maybe not even noticing) and they are just joining any time they want.

100% here ! I had to check everyone in our community to see what community's they were in and peak at friends list. I think @HuDawg may be right on the trail. Check for spies bud. I do not condone going after them if they truly have those kind of numbers with them as your day will end in frustration. Don't think there is an answer here exept keep yourself loaded with dynamite and take as many of them with you as you can. Not sure even the bravest cowboys could handle those numbers. Hope you find peace bro !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zampen said:

Darn it all ! I'm in the snow coverd peaks of Ambarino but will shave for the right cowgirl ! Lol

• Haha 4

On 4/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, dcg911 said:

I have a huge group of griefers that stream snipe a friend of mine who streams at least 3x a week. you may be familiar with them. They go by **********. i have a FULL list on 72 names. they are insane. threatening to break your modem and such "we have a guy who specializes in vpns" like... these folks are the scum of Xbox. ive never reached out for help like this on ANY online game ever. do not feel bad attacking any one of these people. if you dont believe me they are griefers, do your research. they do NOT lay low. that is how i found this. happy hunting. me and my friends play in peace, we never shoot first. but as i said, this club or whatever you want to call it, jumps us at least 3x a week with explosive rounds with at least 5-14 members at a time. 

So, are you part of one of the other groups like Northern Empire, or Woodland Wolves, etc..?

If not you might think about joining one, as they will definitely take action with you as it is one of the things they claim to do.

I know if you were a member of the Northern Empire they claim if one of their members gets hassled by an organized group like you described, not just a small posse of griefers but an actual organized group doing that, that they will call through discord to get all their people on the server to help you, other than going to Rockstar with it, I think this is one of your other options.

They are an xbox crew but the others might be ps4 clubs, I would look into it, at least then you migth have a decent sized group of commited players that dont like toxic abusive players there to help get your back.

I dunno just a thought.