Jump to content

Level 50 and still struggling in pvp


Miltonastic
 Share

Recommended Posts

 I just realized that I was past level 50 after finishing an event. Except for two occasions where I grouped,  one today as it happens, it's been a solo experience in an online game lol.

I know a lot of people have their complaints,  and I for sure won't disagree with a lot of them, but I have to say I'm still enjoying this game.

 I generally still suck at PVP though, but I'm trying to get better. I decided to finally get a little better knowledge of the ability cards and hoping I can find a fit for how I play. Unfortunately they don't have a "hand over your eyes while running madly firing wildly in every direction" card...

Does anyone have any general advice on how to improve in the pvp area? 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah first of all , upgrade you ability card , dead eye ,   theres also meat  thyme big game receipe giving IV Boost instead of II  or I  boost from tonics , also just take in note that theres player lvl 200-300 that play only pvp all day ,  set your setting sensibility higher , your aim/look dead zone to 0  , your aim lock to wide. use easy slippery bastard or slow and steady

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Feorh said:

Showdown series large 24/7 all time till u get how to survive and kill. Its easy after u spend hours on it.

Yeah you just kinda have to throw yourself in there with no expectation to win. Just do your best and learn from mistakes. If nothing else, save video clips of your showdowns and rewatch them to see what you could have done better.

Take the time to sit and carefully read each ability card and pick what suits your fight style or what you think your style would be.

For instance, when I go showdown I use: paint it black, never without one, peak condition, and either Landon's patience or winning streak (sometimes strange medicine instead of never without one). In free roam I change paint it black to focus fire unless there's a lot of dark red using slippery bastard. Play around with them until you find your cup of tea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Practice headshots. They are the key. You need to connect with a headshot on the majority of your shots to have a fighters chance. Utilize R3 often. Pressing R3 will angle the camera to look behind you. it makes it harder to sneak up on you because their blip will then show up on your mini map. Get those ability cards to tier 3. The 3 best deadeye ones(in no particular order) are slippery bastard, slow & steady and paint it black. For passive cards, damage boosting ones are great like winning streak and peak condition. Horsemanship is great for a free roam event involving horses like dispatch rider or horseback kills challenge. Healing cards like cold blooded, strange medicine and comeback stronger. If you are using a lot of deadeye, and eye for an eye and the unblinking eye are a must.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

 I just realized that I was past level 50 after finishing an event. Except for two occasions where I grouped,  one today as it happens, it's been a solo experience in an online game lol.

I know a lot of people have their complaints,  and I for sure won't disagree with a lot of them, but I have to say I'm still enjoying this game.

 I generally still suck at PVP though, but I'm trying to get better. I decided to finally get a little better knowledge of the ability cards and hoping I can find a fit for how I play. Unfortunately they don't have a "hand over your eyes while running madly firing wildly in every direction" card...

Does anyone have any general advice on how to improve in the pvp area? 

 

 

 

 I am with you 110%

I spent so much time leveling up, I only played pvp a few times.

I figured if I got up to level 40 first, I would at least have decent weapons, ability cards, etc.. so I could survive a little better than if I played pvp early on.

I dont do very well, lol.

I have gotten 1 kill and up to 9, sometimes I will be 9 kills 4 deaths, or so, 8, 7 and 6 kills too, but never more, the modes that spread everyone way out are hard for me, I dont see very well and by the time I find someone to shoot, I am getting shot.

I see others with 31 kills 3 deaths, they obviously have been playing a while, I dont need to be that smooth, but I want to be dangerous, maybe 12 to 20 kills a session instead of 1 to 9.

Now that I am level 61 I want to start getting better, and also understanding how every card works.

I see Slippery bastard can be a really great tool if you know how to use it, I do not, I use Paint it black, come back stronger, peak condition, and I think an eye for an eye.

I am now looking at adding slippery bastard to the list and giving it a try in some pvp modes like the ones where you rush into a bunch of players either to steal loot or territory, I see others using it and I know even when I have tier 3 paint it black and others I can never lock onto those slippery bastards, plus when I try, someone else see's Im shooting and takes me out, plus I am not good at combat, so if they get close to me its over.

For this reason, I really wish we could make a server with bots to practice, like in most fps games, COD WW2 comes to mind, I would load up a new map, add in 8 or 10 bots, and then play it with 2 or 3 bot team mates to learn the map, plus it helps learning to see better in various locations, Tall tree's is tough for example, the terrain, plus all the tree's and vegetation makes it hard on my eyes, I depend more on the mini map that looking with my own eyes.

anyway, I sympathize with your post 110% and I am following to see what other advice you generate that might help me too.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

Aim flick up deadeye fire for headshots if you've got distance with anyone using SB sweep the target left to right it will lock on if their near tackle them & choke them out.

I got the aim flick up part figured out. That darn deadeye fire messes me up still. I get stuck on stupid and hit buttons that mean nothing. LOL

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, lumper said:

For this reason, I really wish we could make a server with bots to practice, like in most fps games, COD WW2 comes to mind

Practice on gang hideouts and small animals from horseback. Get good with that and it may help in PVP. You can also practice when you are being griefed since there are less players trying to kill you than PVP.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

Practice on gang hideouts and small animals from horseback. Get good with that and it may help in PVP. You can also practice when you are being griefed since there are less players trying to kill you than PVP.

Yeah I know, I do it everyday, BUT it would still be great if we could just make a server, load it with bots and practice, I hope in time we get this.

Edited by lumper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

Aim flick up deadeye fire for headshots if you've got distance with anyone using SB sweep the target left to right it will lock on if their near tackle them & choke them out.

I'd tackle them but more often than not most that use slippery can't free aim and they only use it s defense. Once they get close they shotgun you. 

Some dude in plunder thought he was slick trying that and I kept my distance and just picked him off with paint it black headshots. He actually went on the mic and was upset screaming HOW???

Made me lol pretty hard.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

 I just realized that I was past level 50 after finishing an event. Except for two occasions where I grouped,  one today as it happens, it's been a solo experience in an online game lol.

I know a lot of people have their complaints,  and I for sure won't disagree with a lot of them, but I have to say I'm still enjoying this game.

 I generally still suck at PVP though, but I'm trying to get better. I decided to finally get a little better knowledge of the ability cards and hoping I can find a fit for how I play. Unfortunately they don't have a "hand over your eyes while running madly firing wildly in every direction" card...

Does anyone have any general advice on how to improve in the pvp area? 

 

 

 

You're certainly not alone on this... I am level 98 and I'm terrible at PVP LOL I've really only been playing it for a few weeks, but I am getting better and you will too. I'm lucky in the sense that although I am not the greatest at this game, I ride with highly skilled people in my Posse, and they are teaching me a lot. Learning the ability cards as mentioned, is also a contributing factor. I think that what ability cards you use depends on your style of play. Some people like one setup, some people like a completely different set up. Best of luck to you, I find also that the better you get the more fun it is LOL

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackthestripper said:

You're certainly not alone on this... I am level 98 and I'm terrible at PVP LOL I've really only been playing it for a few weeks, but I am getting better and you will too. I'm lucky in the sense that although I am not the greatest at this game, I ride with highly skilled people in my Posse, and they are teaching me a lot. Learning the ability cards as mentioned, is also a contributing factor. I think that what ability cards you use depends on your style of play. Some people like one setup, some people like a completely different set up. Best of luck to you, I find also that the better you get the more fun it is LOL

Still hoping to find a good active posse. I'm sure that would improve the game for me in a number of ways actually. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

In my 50's, but younger in my head most of the time. ; ) Been a vidiot since they rolled an Astroids game into my local pool hall. 

Right there with ya bud ! Just turned 50 my self. Would like to offer you a shot at becoming an Angel. All adult posse.  Few requirements , no discrimination against race , religion ,political or sexual preference. Most play on est and have Mic. The game is slowing down for a lot of us due to lack of content. We still play just about every day but it's limited due to glitches and bugs. Anyway if you want a shot at being in Arthur's Angels lmk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Right there with ya bud ! Just turned 50 my self. Would like to offer you a shot at becoming an Angel. All adult posse.  Few requirements , no discrimination against race , religion ,political or sexual preference. Most play on est and have Mic. The game is slowing down for a lot of us due to lack of content. We still play just about every day but it's limited due to glitches and bugs. Anyway if you want a shot at being in Arthur's Angels lmk

 

53 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

There are a lot of us in their 50s or older around here.....   :)

51 here, Ill be 52 in October, but I feel 31, and still have a love of video games, I play with my grand kids now,, I think that is amazing as I do not feel like a grandfather.

 

I play alone as I dont have any friends in game, I just hit level 63.

I did join a group called The Northern Empire, it is a non toxic group of players that coordinate attacks and events with other groups, etc.. but it isnt a static posse or anything like that, I would love to meet and play with other like minded people around my age, how do we go about inquiring about Arthur's Angels?

 

Edited by lumper
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, lumper said:

 

51 here, Ill be 52 in October, but I feel 31, and still have a love of video games, I play with my grand kids now,, I think that is amazing as I do not feel like a grandfather.

 

I play alone as I dont have any friends in game, I just hit level 63.

I did join a group called The Northern Empire, it is a non toxic group of players that coordinate attacks and events with other groups, etc.. but it isnt a static posse or anything like that, I would love to meet and play with other like minded people around my age, how do we go about inquiring about Arthur's Angels?

 

Howdy lumper ! Would like to tell ya we have some who don't speak English very well from all over the world ! They understand what we want and quickly adjust.  Very friendly atmosphere with lots of laughs. Not many requirements accept be respectful and we won't run ! If some silly cat tries his metal on one of us they quickly see the error in there thinking ! We do a little of everything. One last requirement ,no discrimination against race , religion , political , or sexual preference. Very laid back group. Sound good ? Lmk and I'll get you in for a test run. Got a couple new ones that we will get with tonight. If interested drop a reply here and I'll get back with ya asap

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Howdy lumper ! Would like to tell ya we have some who don't speak English very well from all over the world !

I use my phone to PSN chat with them. It automatically translates what we say to their language. Works great. Especially with those that speak no English.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

I use my phone to PSN chat with them. It automatically translates what we say to their language. Works great. Especially with those that speak no English.

If you can understand a Cockney accent you will understand anyone😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Howdy lumper ! Would like to tell ya we have some who don't speak English very well from all over the world ! They understand what we want and quickly adjust.  Very friendly atmosphere with lots of laughs. Not many requirements accept be respectful and we won't run ! If some silly cat tries his metal on one of us they quickly see the error in there thinking ! We do a little of everything. One last requirement ,no discrimination against race , religion , political , or sexual preference. Very laid back group. Sound good ? Lmk and I'll get you in for a test run. Got a couple new ones that we will get with tonight. If interested drop a reply here and I'll get back with ya asap

The Angels need a common logo and maybe a theme song. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNMNetTech said:

I use my phone to PSN chat with them. It automatically translates what we say to their language. Works great. Especially with those that speak no English.

Yes sir that PlayStation messenger app is great ! We use it a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...