**Animal Spawn Issue Discussion** (Since Summer and Recent Updates)

Jimblob

Here is some news @HuDawg mentioned in another thread I thought I would paste up here as well. 

Please note that this patch is not a fix for all with this issue. This is supposed to address it for some. Who those people are or the circumstances is unknown. If there is any good news in this for those still having the problem is that they are aware it is still an issue and are working to resolve across all platforms.  

I'm just saying this before some people start making accusations, assumptions, etc.  We're all affected by this and it sucks.  No one is saying otherwise.  ....so let's keep sharing useful feedback, tips and help each other out.  Thanks.

RDR2 Title Update 1.17 Notes (PS4 / Xbox One)

Created February 13, 2020Updated February 13, 2020
Print

[February 13, 2020] – General Fixes – (PS4 / Xbox One)

• Improvements to reduce issues with ambient wildlife populations in certain Red Dead Online sessions. Ongoing improvements are underway to reduce these issues across all platforms. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 5:36 AM, Jimblob said:

Is there a work around to force them to spawn, as I keep getting spawned in to area's with very little or no animal's.

Today Great Plains 1 3* prong horn, The Heartland's 1 1* Bison, Big Valley Nothing, Nil, Zilch, Zero.

Relogging just give's me the little or no Animal's. very frustrating.

EDIT: Just discoverd I appear to be in a server all by my self, no other player's showing on list.

Today was the first in a long time they were spawning. Nothing like atory mode but enough to fill the bins.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:50 AM, C20Dragon said:

Had this happen 3 times tonight. Killed about 5 animals & no more spawned. Ran around for ten mins & said the hell with this. I switch servers & the animals spawn right away. They stop spawning again after killing a few. I switch servers again & had animals all around me when I spawned in. I just keep switching servers to fix the problem for me. Eventually it stop glitching & I was able to stay in the same server.

How do you switch server?

19 hours ago, xsugarskull said:

So they finally announced they will be working to fix the absence of the animals. Bout time. So many of us been waiting for this fix. I mean it started back in what, October/November? 

On console it started before the PC launch and it seems to have been an issue since day one for PC players, at least in my experience. Sometimes I land a lobby/server loaded with animals and other times it is like a wasteland. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are we the only ones?

Me and a friend are getting annoyed by the fact that the animals spawn is very low when you want to fill Crips.
And even when you have to do a resupply mission like for example hunt a white tale deer you get 10 minutes and during this 10 minutes the spawning feels even lower than normal. 

Yesterday we only found one not even a group of deer with only one minute left on the clock. ( we where never able to finish this mission).

Due to this low spawning we kind felt like quitting the game because we almost have it every time when we need to do this for Crips. 

Luckily we really like the moonshiner mission with on top of the ladder the bar fights :D (those are really awesome) and before quitting yesterday we received this mission so that was awesome.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, Glavin99 said:

How do you switch server?

To switch servers: Click start, click on Online, This will bring you to the Main Menu / Start screen. Here just click on Free Roam, Camp or a certain location like New Austin. This is allow you to switch servers. 

On 3/3/2020 at 8:48 PM, C20Dragon said:

To switch servers: Click start, click on Online, This will bring you to the Main Menu / Start screen. Here just click on Free Roam, Camp or a certain location like New Austin. This is allow you to switch servers. 

so did they fix the eternal loading when switching?

On 3/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, Chapp_Meister said:

Are we the only ones?

Me and a friend are getting annoyed by the fact that the animals spawn is very low when you want to fill Crips.
And even when you have to do a resupply mission like for example hunt a white tale deer you get 10 minutes and during this 10 minutes the spawning feels even lower than normal. 

Yesterday we only found one not even a group of deer with only one minute left on the clock. ( we where never able to finish this mission).

Due to this low spawning we kind felt like quitting the game because we almost have it every time when we need to do this for Crips. 

Luckily we really like the moonshiner mission with on top of the ladder the bar fights :D (those are really awesome) and before quitting yesterday we received this mission so that was awesome.

I'm not hunting anymore and use my camp barely. Only join daily Trade Route train invite. Max. 18 goods for Cripps👍

This afternoon new update. Still no animals in Big Valley, Heartlands and crocs in Bayou Nwa🤬 

Got the impression receiving same "update" every week! 

Edited by Herta47

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i logged for my daily 5mins streak sustain challenge. As soon as i logged i saw deers, and rabbits jumping in front of me as well as my camp and shack up and ready. I immediately understood that something was wrong :p I then opened the menu and saw that in the session was me and other 3 people. 4 players in total. I took advantage of the situation and started playing and hunting before the server was packed again. Only that the server was never packed and the summary was as follows:

Countless deers, countless rabbits, countless of many rare animals such as snakes, beavers, squirrels, rare birds and exotic birds, 5 cougars, 6 bears, no eternal loading screens, 4 distant deliveries, 5 shack deliveries, many missions all worked properly and.... 2 panthers. Yes panthers guys i hadn't seen a panther for about 6 months. 

At the end of the session i was so happy and sad at the same time. At least i have materials for the months of problems to come. Today i logged again i stayed for 20 mins checking everything and i closed the game. Everything was broken of course i could not get the camp pitched, 4 out of 4 missions could no even get started and i logged out when the bootlegger mission led me to an eternal loading.

See you again in 2021. Cheers and take care with this corona crap.

• 3 weeks later...

I've learned a few things about hunting that I'm not sure if it's covered. I tried going through most of the posts to see if someone has mentioned it but anywho... If there are more that 23 players in your session and you want to hunt... You might as well leave that session for another one. 

I've done a few videos, no I'm not self promoting, where I would show players for to hunt more effectively. From there I continued to notice a trend after making a few videos that my panthers and cougars would no longer appear after 23 ppl joined the session. Anything lower than that, it was great for farming cougars and panthers. 

Just an observation that hopefully saves you all some time and helps you get your wagon filled quicker. Good luck out there 🤙🏾🤙🏾

On 10/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, Melizmator said:

Level doesn't matter what's matters is the number of players on server 

I stand corrected, it has been said. I just identified the exact number, in my thorough research, where it starts to fall apart. 

• 3 months later...

I have the issue that the hunting wagon optically is fully loaded- I only can add one animal. When tring to unload it only this one animal will be sold to Cripps but the wagon remains optically loaded. I already tried to destroy the wagon to solve the problem. As it is insured the wagon can be picked up at the stable again and the problem is still existing. I already sent a post to Rockstar but did not get a response yet. Has anyone had this issue as well and can offer a solution. 

On 7/24/2020 at 4:31 PM, old_traffordii said:

I have the issue that the hunting wagon optically is fully loaded- I only can add one animal. When tring to unload it only this one animal will be sold to Cripps but the wagon remains optically loaded. I already tried to destroy the wagon to solve the problem. As it is insured the wagon can be picked up at the stable again and the problem is still existing. I already sent a post to Rockstar but did not get a response yet. Has anyone had this issue as well and can offer a solution. 

If your wagon is full & there's no item to give to Cripps. It could mean your wagon is full of stuff Cripps doesn't accept. Fish is an example of an item you can put in your wagon but won't show up as something Cripps will accept. Sell this stuff to the butcher in town at Black Water, Rhodes, Strawberry, or Tumbleweed to name a few.

If your wagon looks optically full & you don't know why or what's inside. you can look in the wagon & see what you have.

Near your wagon, hold Left on the D-pad (Xbox) for Wagon Cargo, now you have to click LB then RB (Xbox) to see Wagon Cargo. This part is glitches so you have to click LB to switch categories & then RB to switch back to the Wagon Cargo tab. Here you will see the inventory of your wagon.

I'm so glad they fixed the animal spawns but I've noticed that at least 5 of my hunting spots for cougar and panther aren't spawning like they used to. 

I've found one Grizzly in South Tall Trees but no cougar. The same for North tall trees. 

My panther spawn in the bayou and in Southern Scarlett Meadows isn't working either. I'm gonna keep digging but it's definitely a little off-putting. Maybe they moved them like they did with the Chrome Dubstas in GTAO after the major update 🤷🏾‍♂️

Good luck out there! 

Edited by Kean_1
Combined consecutive posts