You do anything for Halloween?

mizTik

Just curious to see what everyone's plans are for this year. I have nothing going on. I might do a stream with a friend and see if we can get anywhere with that. I gotta revamp my channel or start a new one possibly. Do like a horror games stream or something for fun. 

It's not widely celebrated over here (it's treated more like a thing for people who like to have an extra day of carnival and, of course, some kids dress up and do the whole trick or treat thing but it's really not very prominent and most people won't open the door anyway, lol). So nope, not doing anything.

I moved. Because my landlord decided to be a royal asshole and evict me just for fun apparently. I have the misfortune of presently living in an area where Americans aren't looked upon too highly right now: California.

Now I'm having to jump through hoops just to get Internet and phone service installed at my new place (right now I'm getting intermittent Internet through my Galaxy and the occasional open wifi networks that pop up). Despite never before having any problems with my provider, they've now suddenly decided to be incompetent idiots by missing two scheduled appointments, putting me on hold for hours during phone calls, then afterward usually transfer me to the wrong departments which results in me being placed on hold for hours again.

So now you know where I've been.

17 hours ago, Parzival said:

I moved. Because my landlord decided to be a royal asshole and evict me just for fun apparently. I have the misfortune of presently living in an area where Americans aren't looked upon too highly right now: California.

Now I'm having to jump through hoops just to get Internet and phone service installed at my new place (right now I'm getting intermittent Internet through my Galaxy and the occasional open wifi networks that pop up). Despite never before having any problems with my provider, they've now suddenly decided to be incompetent idiots by missing two scheduled appointments, putting me on hold for hours during phone calls, then afterward usually transfer me to the wrong departments which results in me being placed on hold for hours again.

So now you know where I've been.

Do people in Cali typical hate Halloween now or something? I know there are a lot of very progressive people out there (not in the good way) and they tend to hate most holidays because it offends someone somewhere. I just didn't think it was a statewide issue. 

17 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

Do people in Cali typical hate Halloween now or something? I know there are a lot of very progressive people out there (not in the good way) and they tend to hate most holidays because it offends someone somewhere. I just didn't think it was a statewide issue. 

No, not that I know of. I always thought Halloween was only an issue in heavily Christian areas, TBH. They have been trying to get Columbus Day changed to Indigenous Peoples’ Day for some time now, but outside of extremely liberal areas like SF, no one seems to care and Columbus Day continues sailing onward.🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, Parzival said:

No, not that I know of. I always thought Halloween was only an issue in heavily Christian areas, TBH. They have been trying to get Columbus Day changed to Indigenous Peoples’ Day for some time now, but outside of extremely liberal areas like SF, no one seems to care and Columbus Day continues sailing onward.🤣

I can bet you this is a college campus issue then. I remember reading something a few years back about outrage over people dressing up for Halloween and it was dealing with some stupid school. I thought people went to college to get smarter not dumber lol

3 hours ago, buttlint said:

The wife will be putting on her student nurse outfit and I will be wearing my batman suit. 

Just like any other Thursday.

We don't need the image of you wearing black briefs over gray pajamas, thank you.

Nurse outfit sounds nice, though. 😋

• Haha 1

I am waiting to head out actually. My friend is going to be picking me up in about 40 minutes. Going to hit up a few haunted houses and hopefully have a bonfire assuming the rain stays away. Been raining all damn day which suuuucks!

Edited by shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't do anything. Not much goes on around here to begin with, and Halloween hasn't been the same since the wife caught on to the fact that no trick-or-treaters are going to come to a lone cabin in the woods in the dark, so my annual candy supply has dried up. :)

Edited by Faelwolf

2 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

Didn't do anything. Not much goes on around here to begin with, and Halloween hasn't been the same since the wife caught on to the fact that no trick-or-treaters are going to come to a lone cabin in the woods in the dark, so my annual candy supply has dried up. :)

What kind of a world has this become where we can't let our kids dress up as monsters and wander unattended around our forests at night? 😢