Creating ALT Characters.. Breathes so much life into this game.

HuDawg

Not sure how it works on PS4.  But on XBOX, if your main account has xbox gold,  any account you log on with has access to xbox gold.  So you can make a bunch of accounts, log in, create new characters.

So ended up making a bunch of accounts.  Mostly for role playing purposes/character type play.    Some I play as bad, good... or just trolling.

For example.  I got a really chubby girl.  I ride up to people or play co-op missions.  But I don't shoot them or shoot anything, I just eat tons of food standing next them.   Or ride into camps and ask people  "invite to posse for stew plz"

I got a Native American character, A hot girl, Sweating Inbred Hilly Billy..  

If you're bored, try it out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

PS4 has this option as well and I use it in some games like DayZ so I can have more than one character on my server. .....one to save and play with friends at their location and other(s) to roam freely with while solo.

Really? I was under the impression that only the PS+ account could log into RDR online... Might have to actually try this...

7 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Really? I was under the impression that only the PS+ account could log into RDR online... Might have to actually try this...

It's all driven from the main account but yeah, you can create multiple accounts to play the same games. You can even set up the main screen differently if you like for each account. Just be aware that your friends will not carry over, etc. You'll need to send new invites if you want to play with certain friends on that new acct.

I never thought to do this. I actually have a few different accounts for when other people play games on my system. I wish I would have thought to do this sooner. I am going to be playing the game on PC in a few days so there is no point in doing this now but I will give it a try in the future if I decide PC online is not great.

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, HuDawg said:

Not sure how it works on PS4.  But on XBOX, if your main account has xbox gold,  any account you log on with has access to xbox gold.  So you can make a bunch of accounts, log in, create new characters.

So ended up making a bunch of accounts.  Mostly for role playing purposes/character type play.    Some I play as bad, good... or just trolling.

For example.  I got a really chubby girl.  I ride up to people or play co-op missions.  But I don't shoot them or shoot anything, I just eat tons of food standing next them.   Or ride into camps and ask people  "invite to posse for stew plz"

I got a Native American character, A hot girl, Sweating Inbred Hilly Billy..  

If you're bored, try it out.

Dude - thanks for the laugh!!!!!!! I literally laughed so hard I choked at the “invite to posse for stew please” with the chubby chick ...😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Codcas1 said:

I just wanna know how my alt account can join the same game as me if you guys can help it will be greatly appreciated 

Hi Cod and welcome to the forums.

I don't have an answer for you unfortunately but hopefully someone else will and chime in. 

I'm guessing you're trying to play with your main and alt acct on two different systems at the same time?

4 hours ago, Codcas1 said:

I just wanna know how my alt account can join the same game as me if you guys can help it will be greatly appreciated 

What are you trying to do? What is it that you need both accounts on at once for, just out of curiosity. Might also depend on what platform you are using. I play on Xbox and to the extent of my knowledge the only way to have two accounts going at once is by having more than one console and putting it on the other Xbox (then again, that kinda defeats the point of having an alt account). Friend your main account and invite to the same game. But that brings up the question; why would you want to play two games at once? Welcome to the forums.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, The_Liquor said:

As long as your main account (the Plus member) has the system set as Primary system, any other account can access Plus online features and any games belonging to the main account

Im trying to XP boost my alt account and im on ps4 btw and ive seen people somehow get there alt account in the same lobby in rdr2 what ive heard for xbox is that you cant do that but on ps4 appearantly you can get a alt account in the same lobby without a second console

22 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

As long as your main account (the Plus member) has the system set as Primary system, any other account can access Plus online features and any games belonging to the main account

Yes, I learned. I now have ‘Lady Liquor’ for my wife to play the odd time she is interested (though I do most of the grinding for her to have money to spend).

22 hours ago, SNAK3S said:

From my understanding, you only get one character per account. I never had the option to create another one without having a completely separate account.

You will need a second free Play Station account (with its own email and the whole works) but it doesn’t need to be the paid account as long as your primary account on the system is the PS Plus...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

You will need a second free Play Station account (with its own email and the whole works) but it doesn’t need to be the paid account as long as your primary account on the system is the PS Plus...

What about Xbox and PC? I only ever see this being an option on PS4 so I am assuming it is locked down more on Xbox One and PC which is unfortunate. 

I'd love to have a second character so I could play as both male and female. I'm on PC and don't see an easy way to do it, unfortunately.

I usually replay a game if there are are options to create both characters. The Mass Effect series comes to mind as a game with great stories for both roles. I don't know that the content is much different for a female character in RDO other than clothes, though.

I`ve done this with several other games and off course I had to try it here too. Make up a totally different character and play a different role, try out crossdressing or be a native revenger. The problem though has been thazt none of my characters has really leveled up too much until lately

19 hours ago, Codcas1 said:

Im trying to XP boost my alt account and im on ps4 btw and ive seen people somehow get there alt account in the same lobby in rdr2 what ive heard for xbox is that you cant do that but on ps4 appearantly you can get a alt account in the same lobby without a second console

....so again, are you trying to log on with 2 different accounts from two different machines then?  ....two people playing (one on the main account and the other on the ALT)?

I have 4 accounts myself and play on all of them (PS4).  .....not on RDR2 though as I never really had the need to.  

11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

....so again, are you trying to log on with 2 different accounts from two different machines then?  ....two people playing (one on the main account and the other on the ALT)?

I have 4 accounts myself and play on all of them (PS4).  .....not on RDR2 though as I never really had the need to.  

Im trying to play on the same device/console playing the same game enough said m8