Banned for no reason.

mrohaus

So I was doing a hideout clearing and got a message in mid fight with an NPC that I am banned till December 20th. I don't use mods, wouldn't know how to anyways. I got an email from Rockstar saying I violated the EULA but doesn't really give me an explanation for the ban. Is there anyway to contact Rockstar and get my online account reinstated? This is bullsh*t.

1 hour ago, mrohaus said:

So I was doing a hideout clearing and got a message in mid fight with an NPC that I am banned till December 20th. I don't use mods, wouldn't know how to anyways. I got an email from Rockstar saying I violated the EULA but doesn't really give me an explanation for the ban. Is there anyway to contact Rockstar and get my online account reinstated? This is bullsh*t.

Well, R* doesn't just ban people for "no reason" and they don't take the action lightly. 

.....but if you believe you were misjudged, I'd suggest contacting them through their Support page but just be aware that they state "All Red Dead Online suspension and banning decisions are final and may not be appealed." so I don't know how successful you'll be at getting it lifted.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624j507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.178143397.1604750760.1574282664-2071812124.1574282664

Just know that RDR2.org is a fan site and in no way affiliated with R* or Take Two.  There's nothing we can do to change this for you unless someone has some experience, special contact you can reach, etc.

Honestly, this is the first time ever I’ve heard of someone being banned for ‘no reason’... not that I’m calling you a liar per say... but I highly doubt you were randomly selected for a banning. Perhaps you did something without realizing it was against the TOS? Or maybe you were excessively swearing and being vulgar in some way on the mic that someone took offence to and reported? There has got to be something even if you don’t remember or it seemed inconsequential to you...

I definitely have no mods. The only thing I could think of is a temporary posse member donated a huge amount of feathers to my camp, but that was out of my control. Maybe I was exploiting the bandit hideout unkowingly, because I didn't kill the leader right away and was killing the waves of bandits.  I just Wish they were more specific in the email so i know not what to do in the future. It's a bunch of crap. I never cheated in any game. 80 dollars down the drain..

Also when my account gets reinstated does that mean they are going to take my gold bars that I purchased through their store? Seems like thievery to me.

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

Well, the huge amount of feathers donated to your camp does raise some flags... it’s likely your possie member was hacking/glitching to give you a bonus and it was all found out... as for the gold bars, I really can’t say. I don’t see them taking things you’ve purchased with real money... but the ho knows? Maybe someone else can give a proper answer.

1 minute ago, mrohaus said:

Also when my account gets reinstated does that mean they are going to take my gold bars that I purchased through their store? Seems like thievery to me.

You're making assumptions about something that hasn't come to pass yet.  Also, we have no idea what else they may do as it will entirely depend on the severity of the offense.  My guess is that it's simply a 1 month ban as they said 

Personally, if you can replay to the email, I would do that. None of us are privy to what actions you may have taken or what R* thinks you have taken.

The thing is, if you're not being honest, we'll never know the answer and if you are being honest, we'll still never know unless R* tells you.

Unfortunately I can't reply to the email and it's impossible to get a hold of them.  Telling me I'm banned and then giving me a copy of their EULA doesn't help me understand what the ban was about. I'll probably never no and all I can do is speculate.  Never had this issue with GTA 5 or any other online game for that matter. You don't know I'm being honest or dishonest I get that, but I wouldn't be on here trying to figure out why I got banned. Oh well, I guess I'll wait a month and hope and pray I don't get banned again with no explanation other than a copy of the EULA sent to me and basically telling me see you in a month.....

Got banned today because someone joined my temporary Posse and sold feathers to my camp. Do not play of form a posse as you could be banned for some other players cheating. I did nothing wrong, Until this gets fixed ...

DO NOT PLAY WITH POSSES or risk being banned.

Just trying to warn fellow gamers. I was really enjoying the game and now my character is gone and I can't play for 30 days because Rockstars net code put some dude in my party that decided to do something he/she wasn't supposed to. 

Feels shitty. 

• Sad 2

If this is the case then the reason isn't because you exposed yourself by playing online or by forming a posse, it was due to the actions of a random that joined your open posse invite.  Personally, I never join randoms or leave my posse open to strangers as this is a sure way for griefers to take advantage of me or my team.  Seems someone now may have found a way to get people banned.

My suggestion in that scenario to others would be to simply keep their posses closed and play with friends who don't use glitches, exploits or otherwise violate the rules that can be considered as bannable offenses.  Only posse up with people you know or you vetted.  

btw, there was someone else who posted today regarding being banned for 30 days because of someone in their posse donating a ton of feathers at their camp.  I would suggest trying to find a phone # you can call to discuss this with a representative.  

Did you happen to catch the players name? You can report them through R* Support and plead your case via a trouble ticket.  ......or just open a ticket and see what they say.  

• Like 1

If you are going to posse up, make sure you stick to private ones. This is pretty crap that this is happening and I hope Rockstar sorts this for you. Not fair that some dude screwed you over like this. I'd be pissed man. Thanks for letting us know this is happening though. 

3 hours ago, Cliffs said:

Does this happen on console too?

Not that I've ever heard and just discovered about the OPs scenario yesterday when another member mentioned the same thing.  I had to check to make sure they were not the same person but nope, two different individuals who were banned for a random in the posse donating feathers apparently.

16 hours ago, 1LikeRookz said:

Got banned today because someone joined my temporary Posse and sold feathers to my camp. Do not play of form a posse as you could be banned for some other players cheating. I did nothing wrong, Until this gets fixed ...

DO NOT PLAY WITH POSSES or risk being banned.

Just trying to warn fellow gamers. I was really enjoying the game and now my character is gone and I can't play for 30 days because Rockstars net code put some dude in my party that decided to do something he/she wasn't supposed to. 

Feels shitty. 

Same exact thing happened to me. Do you remember the player's name?

Let's be careful about listing names here.  

My suggestion if anyone does have information on the individual(s) is to contact R* Support via their site. Their is a specific way to report players and / or groups there.  Also, you can bring up your ban and request they review your case.

Personally, I would use the route of creating a trouble ticket regardless as there is no other way to plead your case apparently.  ......unless someone knows a phone #?

• Like 1

I merged these two threads together and placed this in the PC section as it seems to specifically apply there.

Again, if this is an exploit issue having to do with griefers, the best advice would be to keep your posses "invite only" and don't leave them open so any "random" player can join. That's an open invitation for trolls and not worth the potential headache IMO.

I don't really get it, why is it bannable to get a lots of stuff sold to or given to your camp? 

If it's a thing that you can do it at others camp, then why would the camp owner be banned, its not the camp owner players fault. Its R* that made it possible and the bans are clearly just a troll trick from the people doing it, why doesn't R* stop the auto banning and look in to it manually to fix it. I would get furious if banned for some di*k head doing it on purpose on me, and if i was R* I would have banned the trolls for life for being di*ks. But maybe that's just me.

Edited by Anteronoid

If i suspect anyone of cheating i report them!  I saw 4 people since launch that were clearly cheating and I reported them and wrote down their social club names. Two to three days later I checked on their social club profile and it was non existent. So hopefully Rockstar is banning cheaters.

On 11/21/2019 at 3:59 PM, Kean_1 said:

Let's be careful about listing names here.  

My suggestion if anyone does have information on the individual(s) is to contact R* Support via their site. Their is a specific way to report players and / or groups there.  Also, you can bring up your ban and request they review your case.

Personally, I would use the route of creating a trouble ticket regardless as there is no other way to plead your case apparently.  ......unless someone knows a phone #?

I was just going to suggest submitting a ticket. That's how I went about getting my refund. 

6 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I was just going to suggest submitting a ticket. That's how I went about getting my refund. 

A bit OT, but how long did it take to get fully refunded? And are you planning on ever playing it again on PC or just done with it entirely? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I'm glad you got a refund I tried and kept getting denied... I suppose I can try for a charge back to my bank account considering I didn't break their EULA the other player did, but it's not worth the hassle to me. Makes me a bit bitter towards Rockstar for letting this happen and not even trying to hear me out.

Edited by mrohaus
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, Kean_1 said:

I'm guessing the feathers were obtained via an exploit and then donated to their camps which R* was able to trace.  .....seemingly for the purpose of getting the OPs banned.  

From my understanding you only have to have a couple feathers and you can spam donate them. I'm not really sure how it works that's what i heard.  It should be tied to the player donating but it's tied to your camp so you get the ban.

15 hours ago, mizTik said:

A bit OT, but how long did it take to get fully refunded? And are you planning on ever playing it again on PC or just done with it entirely? 

I'm guessing about a week. I would reply, then have to wait several day's for a reply. If they get the game fixed and I can run it on my gaming laptop, I would consider purchasing it a second time!. I don't like taking this road, but with so many of these company's releasing games that are playable on consoles with their bugs on release date, only to release a PC port with bugs that are completely unplayable, is not fair to the consumers. To be honest, it is one of the things that has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to PC gaming, and is why I still prefer console gaming. In any event, I feel bad about having to be like this towards RockStar games, but I have to be tuff with them because I love the work they do and the games they produce so much. 

12 hours ago, mrohaus said:

I'm glad you got a refund I tried and kept getting denied... I suppose I can try for a charge back to my bank account considering I didn't break their EULA the other player did, but it's not worth the hassle to me. Makes me a bit bitter towards Rockstar for letting this happen and not even trying to hear me out.

I am so sorry to hear this. I think your best bet at this point is to try and get the refund from your bank or credit card company. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1