Purchased Gold Bars - Where are they?

Brand New Player here with a newbie question. I just purchased some gold bars on the playstation store. Now I have now idea where they are? I've been googling since yesterday and most websites detail where gold bars are found and how to spend them - but nowhere can I find..."where are they stored/kept?? Not on my person, not on my horse, not at camp, tried going to a fence to sell them and I have no idea where they are.  I've also checked in both single-player story mode and the online mode.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The gold bars in online are not physical objects. Just a number. Look for it next to your cash and trade tokens... (I believe press ‘down’ on the d-pad will bring up the expanded HUD)...

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, xsugarskull said:

Unless you find the nuggets (100 make a gold bar) or find physical bars in game, they won't show in your inventory. 

He purchased them in the store.

@The_Liquor is correct.  They should show up in your inventory of gold if you bring that up on the display.  However, only 500 GBS will appear in your inventory at one time and if you purchased more than that, they will be held in reserve. 

I'm assuming you completely quit the game and logged back in to see if they appeared?  ....and as mentioned, purchased GBs are for RDO (online) only.

Purchased Gold Bars not arriving in Red Dead Online

Created December 14, 2018Updated May 23, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: I bought Gold Bars in Red Dead Online, but they haven't all arrived in-game. When will I receive them?

Answer: Delivery of Gold Bars in-game is limited to a total of 500 purchased Gold Bars at a time. Purchased Gold Bars are delivered as full stacks based on the amount purchased.

Any amount of purchased Gold Bars over 500 will be held in reserve until there is sufficient space for all of the next stack of purchased Gold Bars to be deposited.

Example: If you purchase two stacks of 350 Gold Bars at the same time, only the first stack of 350 Gold Bars will be deposited to your account, until you spend enough Gold Bars so that there is room for the next complete stack of 350 purchased Gold Bars to be deposited.

So they tack on anything over 500 to your account and you won't actually see them until you start spending them? That sounds a bit silly. What if you come to find out two months later, the transaction didn't work and you can't get your money back from it? 

4 minutes ago, YellowDragon said:

So they tack on anything over 500 to your account and you won't actually see them until you start spending them? That sounds a bit silly. What if you come to find out two months later, the transaction didn't work and you can't get your money back from it? 

They are in your account but won't show up in-game until there is enough room for the stack you bought to fit within the 500 GB limit.

11 hours ago, Merovingian1 said:

Brand New Player here with a newbie question. I just purchased some gold bars on the playstation store. Now I have now idea where they are? I've been googling since yesterday and most websites detail where gold bars are found and how to spend them - but nowhere can I find..."where are they stored/kept?? Not on my person, not on my horse, not at camp, tried going to a fence to sell them and I have no idea where they are.  I've also checked in both single-player story mode and the online mode.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

When I purchase gold in the Microsoft store, it shows up once I log into the game and the money section comes up in the top right srceen. Gold is located to the right of your money, with tokens showing up to the left of the gold. So it is in the order of tokens, gold, the your money. If it is not showing that you have the gold there after logging into the game, contact Sony's customer service. Once you have logged into the game then logged out, all data should show  on your RockStar Social Club profile for Red Dead Online. If the gold amount that you purchased is not there, contact customer service. Note: Gold Bars purchased will not show up in your RockStar Social Club profile until after you have logged into the game after the purchase, then logged out so that game data has been saved. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

500 GB limit? I have 645 GB on my character. Have i missed something>?

For purchased GBs, that is the way they say it is supposed to work.

15 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Ok its clear now. Thanks. 

....still not sure if it works that way in practice though as I have never purchased GBs nor had more than 100 at a given moment.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

I feel like how they intended this to work and how it actually functions are two different things 🤣

Love the game but it has more issues than a box has of tissues.

.....it may very well work the way they say.

2 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

.....it may very well work the way they say.

I mean with the gold bars functioning differently depending on how they are obtained. It seems silly to have a cap one way and not the other. I find it hard to believe that was intentional for them. 

2 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

I mean with the gold bars functioning differently depending on how they are obtained. It seems silly to have a cap one way and not the other. I find it hard to believe that was intentional for them. 

The limit is intentional as that quote is from R*. Now, whether that's the way it works in practice or not, I have no personal experience. ....or if it has changed over the last year, no idea.

As for why the limit exists (or existed) for purchased GBs, I also have no idea but they have their reasons.

12 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

For purchased GBs, that is the way they say it is supposed to work.

I'm not exactly sure about this. I had 10 Gold Bars earned in game when I purchased 150 Gold Bars and they showed up once I logged into the game. I'm on the Microsoft Xbox One, is it different on the PlayStation? 

39 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I'm not exactly sure about this. I had 10 Gold Bars earned in game when I purchased 150 Gold Bars and they showed up once I logged into the game. I'm on the Microsoft Xbox One, is it different on the PlayStation? 

I was referring to the way the purchased stacks work and the quote I added from R*:

Purchased Gold Bars not arriving in Red Dead Online

Created December 14, 2018Updated May 23, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: I bought Gold Bars in Red Dead Online, but they haven't all arrived in-game. When will I receive them?

Answer: Delivery of Gold Bars in-game is limited to a total of 500 purchased Gold Bars at a time. Purchased Gold Bars are delivered as full stacks based on the amount purchased.

Any amount of purchased Gold Bars over 500 will be held in reserve until there is sufficient space for all of the next stack of purchased Gold Bars to be deposited.

Example: If you purchase two stacks of 350 Gold Bars at the same time, only the first stack of 350 Gold Bars will be deposited to your account, until you spend enough Gold Bars so that there is room for the next complete stack of 350 purchased Gold Bars to be deposited.

• Like 1

They should have something in the camp site for storing excess gold bars so you have a way of seeing how much you have if you end up over the limit. I doubt I will ever reach over 500 myself so really, not a big bother for me but for those who buy them, it can be annoying not to see your exact number.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When you made the purchase were you logged into YOUR account?   IF more than one person share a console.. sometimes purchases are made on the wrong character.  Like check other peoples accounts if they share the same household.  e.g. If I purchased 100 gold bars on my wifes account.. It would not show up in my game,.. and Id never notice because nobody plays RDR2 on her account.  The store should have a custromer service number.

I'm betting you also did not get an invoice and purchase number.. check their email.

This may no t be OP solution. but is a problem for some.. in various games.