Events are Just Grief-fests

I did a Master Archer event today.  I expected the occasional idiot head-shooting the contestants but was not prepared for the constant griefing  as soon as you spawn/respawn.  I hope it is just the weekend moron compensating for their harsh toilet training or something.  But the only event that tis griefer free is "protect the goods"  Some of course are designed for PvP and that is fine but others are not yet the devs have left it possible to do so.  Fix it Rock Star or lose some fan base.  There is enough PvP content without it leaking into the rest of this fine game.

Yeah, I stopped doing the Master Archer one. The fishing and animal kill events are usually fine. (The fishing events have combat disabled.) And I've not had many issues with idiots during the role specific events either.

• Like 2

I attempted them a few times and just end up getting killed over and over again. It is best to just avoid them for the time being and hope Rockstar sorts it out. Like Lucy mentioned, the train one seems to be fine and Flu made a good point about fishing events. You can just stick to those I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same on PS4 with griefers, I have just bought the PC version too. The thing is you shouldn't be restricted to playing certain events because of them, unfortunately it happens in a lot of games and it's mainly Children and adults that haven't grown up. It's a shame for people who just want to play the game without hassle. There is a Collector event called Salvage on PS4 which has combat disabled, not sure if it's on PC yet as still downloading it, which is a slow process for me.

14 hours ago, LordOdin61 said:

It's the same on PS4 with griefers, I have just bought the PC version too. The thing is you shouldn't be restricted to playing certain events because of them, unfortunately it happens in a lot of games and it's mainly Children and adults that haven't grown up. It's a shame for people who just want to play the game without hassle. There is a Collector event called Salvage on PS4 which has combat disabled, not sure if it's on PC yet as still downloading it, which is a slow process for me.

Yes, on PC as well. In fact, I think all the role specific events (Trade Route, Salvage, Condor Egg, Day of Reckoning, and Manhunt) have pvp disabled.

That doesn't mean they're completely idiot-free. In Day of Reckoning, for instance, people can just wait for other people to tie up a bounty and then pick them up first, or kill your bounty as you're tying them up, so they're worth less points, but that has only happened a few times, usually it's fine.

It is frustrating, i have had one or 2 try and kill me on PS4 just yesterday, the thing that tells me it's children mostly is the time it happens. I can be playing away and the time gets to 16.00 and then it starts. I finished installing the PC version yesterday and was shocked that i couldn't find any players to do the early missions with, i don't like using Keyboard and Mouse although i am pretty good with them prefering a Joypad, after many years gaming my wrists are pretty much wrecked and joypad is an easy solution. The best thing you can do with griefers is parlay and get the hell out of the area, you get 10 minutes so with a fast horse you can be on the other side of the map or secondly just kill them back, it's obviously hard if your level is a lot lower, also griefers tend to be in a posse so just do the first option. All online games have griefers so don't let it get to you, eventually you will be at a good level to handle them.

• Kean_1 locked and unlocked this topic

Part of this will be daily challenges such as 'three revolver kills in a free roam event's or something of that nature. When you're chasing dailies and not on for a huge length of time (real life does call) events like master archer are an easy hit. Especially when you've already been waiting an age and a fishing challenge pops up and is useless to you.  Just no time to wait for the next event.

That’s the good thing about chronic griefers... the get bored easily and move onto the next thing. Christmas is almost here so they’ll all be onto the next handful of games daddy bought them before long... we’ll see them again for a week or two when something new comes along.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Rockstar actually added a negative honor class "griefing". 

A posse mate dynamited a shine wagon last night,  it said "negative honor griefing" . 

Thought that was interesting. 

That is interesting.......

I hope that people are also reporting any instances they encounter with people like this. I would use the in-game feature and / or the Support site as there is a section to report individuals and groups.

When R* released the last update they also made a Tweet requesting that people continue to submit feedback through their Feedback site. This is really important to them and I believe they take this stuff to heart.  The more people that voice their dissatisfaction with aspects of the game like this, the more likely it will be changed in the future.

• Like 1
On 12/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, Glorybee said:

I did a Master Archer event today.  I expected the occasional idiot head-shooting the contestants but was not prepared for the constant griefing  as soon as you spawn/respawn.  I hope it is just the weekend moron compensating for their harsh toilet training or something.  But the only event that tis griefer free is "protect the goods"  Some of course are designed for PvP and that is fine but others are not yet the devs have left it possible to do so.  Fix it Rock Star or lose some fan base.  There is enough PvP content without it leaking into the rest of this fine game.

I found this to be true regardless of the event.

For a long time I used to say to players who griefed, just go play pvp or one off he modes where you are expected to shoot it up if thats your thing, and well, looks like they did, lol.

I dont bother with any events or pvp anymore, its not fun, just stressful. IMO. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, lumper said:

I found this to be true regardless of the event.

For a long time I used to say to players who griefed, just go play pvp or one off he modes where you are expected to shoot it up if thats your thing, and well, looks like they did, lol.

I dont bother with any events or pvp anymore, its not fun, just stressful. IMO. 

Last night i was solo on a bounty hunt in black water and I heard all of the shooting, knew what was going on but I proceeded thinking I could slip through, well I was wrong .... knew as soon as I was gunned down by a pump action shotgun it was a noob griefer.... turns out it was a posse of 6 of them and well i don’t normally do this but I used the gifted explosive ammo from R* ..... I respawned rolled back in with a dynamite arrow and took out 4 with 2 shots, then pulled out the bolt action with explosives and got the other 2.... they respawned and came back as I was waiting with my Twin Navy’s with explosives ..... needless to say.... I ran them out of town......sometimes you just come across that wrong person at the wrong time ... lol ... I typically don’t go that route but I felt they needed a lesson .... 😂

1 hour ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Last night i was solo on a bounty hunt in black water and I heard all of the shooting, knew what was going on but I proceeded thinking I could slip through, well I was wrong .... knew as soon as I was gunned down by a pump action shotgun it was a noob griefer.... turns out it was a posse of 6 of them and well i don’t normally do this but I used the gifted explosive ammo from R* ..... I respawned rolled back in with a dynamite arrow and took out 4 with 2 shots, then pulled out the bolt action with explosives and got the other 2.... they respawned and came back as I was waiting with my Twin Navy’s with explosives ..... needless to say.... I ran them out of town......sometimes you just come across that wrong person at the wrong time ... lol ... I typically don’t go that route but I felt they needed a lesson .... 😂

Yes, the day I hit level 100 I armed up with all the above mentioned and made it known, I will not yield again!!!

LOL, I dont ever look for a fight, but if you bring it, I will finish it.

It has to be discouraging to be a newer player and go on the attack in a posse only to be thwarted by one guy in a wagon killing you with single shots and dyna arrows from long range blowing up you and our horse, hope you bought the insurance, lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lumper said:

Yes, the day I hit level 100 I armed up with all the above mentioned and made it known, I will not yield again!!!

LOL, I dont ever look for a fight, but if you bring it, I will finish it.

It has to be discouraging to be a newer player and go on the attack in a posse only to be thwarted by one guy in a wagon killing you with single shots and dyna arrows from long range blowing up you and our horse, hope you bought the insurance, lol.

Damn right ... we think alike ... I was killing em all..... the best feeling in the world is watching a greifer run off.... especially when they have you out numbered ... I’ve had em parlay me .... i send messages - like - you started this .... I didn’t come looking for a fight... may want to think about things before you mess with people in the future .... lol 

• Like 1