My Character

Vendetta

The following pictures are of my Red Dead Online character and my best attempt to create Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday character from the 1993 Tombstone movie. Character was created on Xbox One during the Red Dead Online beta. 

Tombstone reference photos for review purposes only 

233993058_Tombstone01.thumb.jpg.79d7a41a63f087f57c992d163047af12.jpg

1567261043_Tombstone02.jpg.fd4ba182254562198084702ab2d33286.jpg

My in game photos 

y4mEr9nRbiugJxLixkjiIi-ljfqwjGC580JkodLP

y4mrf6DYkDm3btaX4osbY3q3t9JgaOMAgL-rfUAu

y4mOzlJhKVlpdCtjSFO8myiNOnql_twfkqP3kuf7

y4mm98UjQuHrpOQK3uFJ2GGWMf76a63QpN3G-ZeV

y4mW4EU9sAbaDAQL0s0nm2sel8pbRR7zCvtW_Sad

y4mkkSAstIp8_SYZ1XtpfeMRWqQGwISA_v-fOCXC

Colt 1873 Cavalry  .45 Long Colt

I dual wielded two of these in all silver with pearl grips. Full engravings with gold inlays. Gold hammers and triggers. 

y4mt0AOXPNhKWy5P2VxE07CpVr3ent2-7OIx0KEf

Colt 1851 Navy  .36 cal 

My current dual wielded revolvers. Factory finish with brass trigger guards. I might change these to all silver with pearl grips. Full engravings with black inlays. 

y4m1TRoeMcutPkqvFzCyD-RAp-AvQ7_NDpSj5z_F

• Like 8

On 12/16/2019 at 5:48 AM, Vendetta said:

The following pictures are of my Red Dead Online character and my best attempt to create Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday character from the 1993 Tombstone movie. Character was created on Xbox One during the Red Dead Online beta. 

233993058_Tombstone01.thumb.jpg.79d7a41a63f087f57c992d163047af12.jpg

1567261043_Tombstone02.jpg.fd4ba182254562198084702ab2d33286.jpg

My in game photos 

y4mEr9nRbiugJxLixkjiIi-ljfqwjGC580JkodLP

y4mrf6DYkDm3btaX4osbY3q3t9JgaOMAgL-rfUAu

y4mOzlJhKVlpdCtjSFO8myiNOnql_twfkqP3kuf7

y4mm98UjQuHrpOQK3uFJ2GGWMf76a63QpN3G-ZeV

y4mW4EU9sAbaDAQL0s0nm2sel8pbRR7zCvtW_Sad

y4mkkSAstIp8_SYZ1XtpfeMRWqQGwISA_v-fOCXC

Colt 1873 Cavalry  .45 Long Colt

I dual wielded two of these in all silver with pearl grips. Full engravings with gold inlays. Gold hammers and triggers. 

y4mt0AOXPNhKWy5P2VxE07CpVr3ent2-7OIx0KEf

Colt 1851 Navy  .36 cal 

My current dual wielded revolvers. Factory finish with brass trigger guards. I might change these to all silver with pearl grips. Full engravings with black inlays. 

y4m1TRoeMcutPkqvFzCyD-RAp-AvQ7_NDpSj5z_F

Really sharp, like it a lot.  I'm similar, albeit with a blue frock coat over (I think) the same vest but in light grey/silver.  Also twin-pearl-handled navies.  Might as well look on point while going about your business!  But seriously, really like your look.  Hope to see you out on the range.  I'll tip my hat.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Mizz Lucy, that would be cool. If you ever get an Xbox One, you can join me. I still haven't given up on the PC. 

Simon, I wouldn't mind you posting photos of your character here if you want to. 

Madrigalian, this was the first try, but it took forever to get the game to generate a character that I was comfortably starting with. I still wasn't certain until I was able to get to a barber and add the mustache. That is key and you won't know for certain until then. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1

I did the Sam Elliot one from the same film and got him to level 75, only for a friend of mine to accidently delete him while at my house (Long Story). I am now running a Female Native which I am now very happy with and back up to level 67 with. Love the Doc Halliday character you have, looks great. Hoping the add another character slot in the future so I can have another crack at the Sam Eliot one, one of my all time favourite actors especially in Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze may he rest in peace.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mizTik said:

You did really well with this. He is one of my favorite characters from western movies. I could not have done this better myself.

I think a lot of it comes down to starting off with a good character in the creator menu before starting. Something that has certain featuers to start with that are the end result of what you want your character to end up being. 

This is merely cosmetic as both revolvers perform the same when not cleaned, but for those who are interested the following photo shows the difference between a silver finish (on the left) and blued finish (on the right) when not cleaned. Note how the blued finish revolver has quite a bit of surface rust built up as you would expect from a cap and ball revolver in real life while the nickel plated revolver is taking the abuse much better, as nickel plating would in real life. I'm impressed that RockStar took the time to research the difference between finishes and implemented their durability into the game. 

y4mUmE5Yu8ImkLpV8CvP1IWSzdtAFaHWPYZgtlMv

y4moXCzqwyGiizRS2QLWCnKsX8r48q61k_p_xaT_

y4mJ29i00-9VaeTGuIJs059r-uwNP_t0ys7Nb9oe

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to make my character resemble the photo in my avatar... I ended up looking more like Doc Brown from Back to the Future... I just don’t have the artistic flair/patience to work those sliders like that myself.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, The_Liquor said:

I was trying to make my character resemble the photo in my avatar... I ended up looking more like Doc Brown from Back to the Future... I just don’t have the artistic flair/patience to work those sliders like that myself.

The most important thing is starting off with a character that has traits that you want to end with. If I created another character with the same sliders with whatever the game gives me, the end result would not be the same. What took the most time was me having to keep backing out of the online menu and restarting until I got a character that I wanted to start adjusting sliders.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

The most important thing is starting off with a character that has traits that you want to end with. If I created another character with the same sliders with whatever the game gives me, the end result would not be the same. What took the most time was me having to keep backing out of the online menu and restarting until I got a character that I wanted to start adjusting sliders.  

Well, maybe I’ll try one of those appearance change coupons this weekend LOL

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 5:57 PM, Vendetta said:

I noticed this and only after the fact. 

It would be easier if they allowed us to do more of like a Sims creator approach. Give us like 10 defaults and allow us to shape the face ourselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ragedhunter11 said:

I noticed this and only after the fact. 

It would be easier if they allowed us to do more of like a Sims creator approach. Give us like 10 defaults and allow us to shape the face ourselves.

Or maybe upload photos like some sports games allow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, Vendetta said:

You did a great job on your character, and that makes me wish I'd spent a bit more time on mine. I do have a coupon for a free change of appearance, though. Hopefully that's a full remake, and not just a coupon for a visit to the barber.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:23 PM, Mr. Bohannon said:

You need the Wallingford hat, it sucks you have to buy the outfit just for the hat, but it’s the closest looking one to the one that Kilmer wears in Tombstone as Holliday 

I’ll check it out. I haven’t been online in awhile since I need to renew my Xbox Gold. What is the outfit called? 

Edited by Vendetta