Animals glitching/not dying?

So I know animals have not been spawning good and sometimes not at all but has anyone noticed any issues with glitching and animals not dying?

I don't know if this is down to lag but recently, when I do some hunting trips several different animals (especially deer/buck) will take several head shots before they react as if they have been shot. In some cases, they don't react at all until I get close enough and they run away. I am able to shoot and kill them after that. 

It is very strange.

I've seen this before.  Sometimes the animal will stop and still be standing and/or there is a delay like you described.  IIRC, I've had this issue in the past and recently as well.  Doesn't happen very often for me but often enough at times.  

There really isn't a fix for this. It could be lag like you mentioned or it could just be a hiccup in the gaming mechanics. I know people who play PC as well as console have expressed issues with this before because it happened to me. I was looking up information on it before, found nothing useful. 

You could report it as a bug. Rockstar likely won't respond for something like this but if enough people report it, maybe they will get around to fixing it.

23 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I noticed R* Support has also extended their posted response time as <96 hours when it used to be <48 hours.  

If you are lucky you get a response in 96 hours. Most people I have talked to said they waited 7 days+. Some didn't get a response for nearly 2 weeks. I get that they are overwhelmed so I am not complaining but hire some more people to help out. I know plenty of people out there are hurting for a job.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, ragedhunter11 said:

If you are lucky you get a response in 96 hours. Most people I have talked to said they waited 7 days+. Some didn't get a response for nearly 2 weeks. I get that they are overwhelmed so I am not complaining but hire some more people to help out. I know plenty of people out there are hurting for a job.

Try over a month. LOL

It is unfortunate but thankfully there are places like this where people come together and can help each other out. 

I've had this happen to me as well. with deer - they just stand there and I shoot but they don't react at all. I was rather annoyed - I hadn't seen any animals in the game in DAYS, and then I finally see a deer and this happens. Ugh...

I had an interesting experience along these lines the other day.  I headshot a fox at fairly close range, he went down and I got the kill xp.  Then he got up, ran a short distance (and eagle eye gave me the red track).  I followed him across a small bridge to find him standing there.  Another head shot, kill xp again, and this time he stayed down.  I was then able to pick him up and place on my horse.  He did go from a 2 star to a 1 star.  I put it down to just another server glitch.

1 hour ago, Faelwolf said:

I had an interesting experience along these lines the other day.  I headshot a fox at fairly close range, he went down and I got the kill xp.  Then he got up, ran a short distance (and eagle eye gave me the red track).  I followed him across a small bridge to find him standing there.  Another head shot, kill xp again, and this time he stayed down.  I was then able to pick him up and place on my horse.  He did go from a 2 star to a 1 star.  I put it down to just another server glitch.

I think this is a case where you killed a fox, the game picked up on it, and the game was spawning in another fox right as that happened. I saw this myself a number of times with the smaller critters. They don't always just get up, they kind of "glitch up" into a standing position and run as if I just approached them. 

Well I am not complaining about it too much, I did get XP twice for the "same" fox :)  Just thought it was odd, your explanation makes sense, I had assumed the loss of a star was due to shooting it twice and damaging the pelt by it. I really wish they'd fix the disconnects so I can play again.

Don't animals have spawn points in the game? Like regions for bears where they appear, I think they have dedicated areas for this and if you happened to kill an animal on one of these spots, could be why it was re-spawned. Either way, I wish they would spawn in more animals without the bugginess. 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:55 PM, bluntTR4P said:

Try over a month. LOL

It is unfortunate but thankfully there are places like this where people come together and can help each other out. 

I knew it was bad but damn, that is horrible service. I guess at least they eventually do answer... Though I heard they don't always respond so there is that. 

I figured I would ask here since it is a similar topic...

Anyone having issues with fish glitching? I will catch a fish and it will just vanish right because it should be added to my inventory. I have tried several times in several different areas so it isn't just one fish or one spot. It has been doing this for a few weeks for me. I haven't bothered with fishing for awhile, tried again last night and sure enough, it still does it. I want to specify that it isn't every time but like 50-70% of the time.