Jump to content

2/4/20 Weekly Bonuses & More


Kean_1
 Share

Recommended Posts

GET THE BOUNTY HUNTER’S KIT IN RED DEAD ONLINEINCLUDES A FREE BOUNTY HUNTER LICENSE, BOLAS AND TRACKING ARROWS

THE BOUNTY HUNTER'S KIT

Play Red Dead Online between February 4th and February 10th to earn new gifts for new and active Bounty Hunters. If you haven’t already started on the action filled path of the Bounty Hunter, you can get a Free Bounty Hunter License directly from any Bounty Board. All players can also get 25 Bolas, a thrown weapon that tangles the legs of fleeing targets plus 25 Tracking Arrows. Both ammo gifts can be claimed from your Camp Lockbox and Post Office.

ADDITIONAL BONUSES AND BENEFITS

INCLUDING DISCOUNTS ON HORSES, STABLE SLOTS AND MORE

Take 25% off Stable Slots and 40% off Breton, Kladruber, Criollo, and Norfolk Roadster Horses with select Coats. The I'm Watching You, Hat Tipping, Look To Distance and Hangover Emotes are 40% off as well.

PlayStation Plus members will receive 3 free Mash Refills for their Moonshiner operation and 3 free Trader Resupplies, while Twitch Prime members who link their account to the Rockstar Games Social Club receive the Collector's Bag and Polished Copper Still Upgrade free of charge (visit Twitch Prime to sign up).

Check Rockstar Support for details and limitations.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No worries.....

Yeah, this is essentially what they posted last week.  ......although, when they do stuff like that, it seems there is sometimes an update, big news or a patch that is inbound a little while later.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Kean, as you mentioned in your reply about an update, patch, etc - I did see that RDO for PS4 will be down tomorrow morning for 1-2 hours; not sure if it will be a patch or update though I definitely have my fingers crossed. 

Edited by Mr. Bohannon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

25 Bolas ain't no Joke.

 

But R* needs to stop with these updates that cater to new players only.

 

Would have been better to have 2x payouts on bounties for the week instead.

It’s not all bad... LadyLiquor hasn’t gotten her bounty hunter license yet... but I agree. Some of us old timers could use a little bonus once in a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ffs are they serious??? This is why all of us are on different games currently. I'll hang my hat on tomorrow's patch notes but this is beyond words at this point. I wouldn't let these cats run a yard sale for me let alone a billion dollar company. Back to washing lettuce with there part time sh*t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bucnation3139 said:

I wouldn't let these cats run a yard sale for me let alone a billion dollar company. 

.......couldn't help but see the irony in this comment because those "cats" are the reason R* is such a success among their peers in the industry.  ;)

.....and regardless of disappointments some may have with some of their decisions (GTAO had/has its share of doomsday'ers too), they continue to set benchmarks.

Personally, I knew RDO was going to follow in the footsteps of GTAO in regards to updates.  That is why I take breaks when I get bored, wait for things to get patched, etc. and then come back with new updates.  I've done a similar thing with GTAO since it first released.

The thing that stopped me this time was the animal spawns.  Once that's fixed I'll get back to the roles as I haven't really delved deep into most of them.  ....I tend to take my time vs. trying to pump them out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

.......couldn't help but see the irony in this comment because those "cats" are the reason R* is such a success among their peers in the industry.  ;)

.....and regardless of disappointments some may have with some of their decisions (GTAO had/has its share of doomsday'ers too), they continue to set benchmarks.

Personally, I knew RDO was going to follow in the footsteps of GTAO in regards to updates.  That is why I take breaks when I get bored, wait for things to get patched, etc. and then come back with new updates.  I've done a similar thing with GTAO since it first released.

The thing that stopped me this time was the animal spawns.  Once that's fixed I'll get back to the roles as I haven't really delved deep into most of them.  ....I tend to take my time vs. trying to pump them out.

Yep bud animal spawns , posse invite glitch , camp glitch , bounty glitch , stranger mission glitch. Its all glitches so bad we can't play it literally ! I'm guessing most children don't whine about glitches and probably think there fun. As for there peers , they must be happy I'll give ya that. At our expense. Not a doomsdayer I just want there game to work like intended. Too many crying about grieves have them going in 2 different directions and we must be patient or move on. So tragic for what could be a hit ! Time will tell I recon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kean you are right about taking breaks on glitchy games. It's a wise and nerve protecting move. But i cannot help it and i will mention it again...you know this thing about multiplayer of rdr1. I was taking breaks back then till they fix it but they never fixed it. I hope history will not repeat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

.......couldn't help but see the irony in this comment because those "cats" are the reason R* is such a success among their peers in the industry.  ;)

.....and regardless of disappointments some may have with some of their decisions (GTAO had/has its share of doomsday'ers too), they continue to set benchmarks

 

Benchmarks..  Like only releasing 2 games in 10 years.     And milking GTA O for all its worth.

GTA O is a mess.  Really wish players would stop playing the damn thing.    Flying bikes, flying cars, rocket strikes from space.  Its become a parody of itself in a strange way.

 

That success of GTA O has basically made R* turn its back on supporting single player in both GTA and Red Dead.  Hell, its made R* stop releasing games.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

 

.......maybe if folks that believed this stopped buying their games?  ....doh!!!  ;)

 

 

Buying their games isn't the issue.  Its spending money in their online mode is whats doing it. 

 

I think this chart kind of shows what I mean. I terms of their releases anyways.

 

714ui5n3h5x11.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rdr2o will be playable in 3 or 4 years. Just like gtao maybe ! 😀

1 hour ago, Antonia said:

Kean you are right about taking breaks on glitchy games. It's a wise and nerve protecting move. But i cannot help it and i will mention it again...you know this thing about multiplayer of rdr1. I was taking breaks back then till they fix it but they never fixed it. I hope history will not repeat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

No worries.....

Yeah, this is essentially what they posted last week.  ......although, when they do stuff like that, it seems there is sometimes an update, big news or a patch that is inbound a little while later.  

Guessing this deals with them fixing the animal spawning. Fingers crossed?

I mean I saw they addressed it publicly and given that this weekly bonus is just bottom barrel stuff, I think you are right. An update of sorts is coming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Guessing this deals with them fixing the animal spawning. Fingers crossed?

I mean I saw they addressed it publicly and given that this weekly bonus is just bottom barrel stuff, I think you are right. An update of sorts is coming. 

No idea regarding the animal spawn fix. I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.  I'll return to the game when they do though as that was what made me step away for a bit.

Yeah, the update pattern is just speculation on my part but we'll see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, Kean_1 said:

Play Red Dead Online between February 4th and February 10th to earn new gifts for new and active Bounty Hunters. If you haven’t already started on the action filled path of the Bounty Hunter, you can get a Free Bounty Hunter License directly from any Bounty Board

Appreciate this board is mostly veterans but wondered if anyone has anyone successfully claimed the Bounty Hunter license per the above? 

On PS4 I've claimed the other rewards (25 Bolas etc) but if I go to a Bounty Board the only option is to purchase it for 15 Gold Bars

Assuming the PS4 downtime did go ahead there's certainly no difference to animal spawns that I can see, wildly hit and miss and incredibly frustrating. On the one occasion the animals were spawning, I was in the middle of returning 10 carcass in 10 minutes to Cripps daily challenge when once again the camp just de-spawned in front of my eyes as I was about to deliver the 9th and 10th carcass - but it stayed on the map and couldn't be moved / resummoned. Close and re-open the game - camp is available but no animals again. ><

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, trulyvexed said:

Appreciate this board is mostly veterans but wondered if anyone has anyone successfully claimed the Bounty Hunter license per the above? 

On PS4 I've claimed the other rewards (25 Bolas etc) but if I go to a Bounty Board the only option is to purchase it for 15 Gold Bars

Assuming the PS4 downtime did go ahead there's certainly no difference to animal spawns that I can see, wildly hit and miss and incredibly frustrating. On the one occasion the animals were spawning, I was in the middle of returning 10 carcass in 10 minutes to Cripps daily challenge when once again the camp just de-spawned in front of my eyes as I was about to deliver the 9th and 10th carcass - but it stayed on the map and couldn't be moved / resummoned. Close and re-open the game - camp is available but no animals again. ><

Nevermind! It was "automatically granted" in the course of normal play about 15 minutes ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, trulyvexed said:

Appreciate this board is mostly veterans but wondered if anyone has anyone successfully claimed the Bounty Hunter license per the above? 

On PS4 I've claimed the other rewards (25 Bolas etc) but if I go to a Bounty Board the only option is to purchase it for 15 Gold Bars

Assuming the PS4 downtime did go ahead there's certainly no difference to animal spawns that I can see, wildly hit and miss and incredibly frustrating. On the one occasion the animals were spawning, I was in the middle of returning 10 carcass in 10 minutes to Cripps daily challenge when once again the camp just de-spawned in front of my eyes as I was about to deliver the 9th and 10th carcass - but it stayed on the map and couldn't be moved / resummoned. Close and re-open the game - camp is available but no animals again. ><

We must have a different list because that’s not on my daily list but when it is, it’s for 20 in 20 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

We must have a different list because that’s not on my daily list but when it is, it’s for 20 in 20 

There are daily's for 10 in 10 and 20 in 20. Once  i got both of them in same day. Best way to finish those is gather smallest carcasses like bats, rats, sparrows - at least those animals are still here and easy to farm. Gathering those will take 15 - 20 mins max. Then just deliver all at once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

There are daily's for 10 in 10 and 20 in 20. Once  i got both of them in same day. Best way to finish those is gather smallest carcasses like bats, rats, sparrows - at least those animals are still here and easy to farm. Gathering those will take 15 - 20 mins max. Then just deliver all at once. 

Gotcha... yep, that’s the way I do it too... I load up and keep the small carcasses in my satchel just for that reason; when I do get animal spawns I load up on squirrels too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Gotcha... yep, that’s the way I do it too... I load up and keep the small carcasses in my satchel just for that reason; when I do get animal spawns I load up on squirrels too. 

Yes partner! I forgot to mention its good to store them Just for that Daily. 

Cheers! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I won't be holding my breath for fast updates, no matter what this is telling us. I feel like Rockstar's track record for fixing things quickly is not good anymore, not that it has ever been all that great. We might not see a major update until March or even April. Never know with them. It sucks but not much we can do but wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I collected everything but the damn tracking arrows did work at all. I really like the Balos tho they really come in handy when needing to catch multiple ppl at one time it holds them till I can hogtie them. I agree with kean1 if or when I get bored I take a break two days ago was the last time I played and that was the first time  in over a month atleast if not longer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...