*SPOILER* arthur and john

harry747

• Kean_1 changed the title to *SPOILER* arthur and john

You can pass Arthur's money to John using the pig farm encounter. Basically, leave this encounter for the end of the game, then just before you initiate the final mission where Arthur dies, go to the pig farm and let the incest couple do their thing. After that, don't return to the farm and instead go do the final Arthur mission. When free roam is unlocked for John (or whenever, I've never actually tried to see if John can run around the game world before he quits working at Pronghorn Ranch and decides to go buy the land at Beecher's Hope), just head over to the pig farm and even though the house is now ransacked and abandoned, Arthur's money can still be retrieved from the hiding place behind the picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time playing through I was confused by this but if you time things right the second time round and leave some things to do after, you end up getting a nice chunk of money. It does make me wonder since John gets all his stuff and not his money, if someone else had taken it or he gave it to someone before he died.

Though it's not eluded to in the game, an argument could be made that John's family used Arthur's money to live on during the time skip. I generally have around $6,000 when reaching the end of chapter 6, which would go pretty far in 1899 for a family like John's which is only concerned with the bare essentials.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parzival said:

Though it's not eluded to in the game, an argument could be made that John's family used Arthur's money to live on during the time skip. I generally have around $6,000 when reaching the end of chapter 6, which would go pretty far in 1899 for a family like John's which is only concerned with the bare essentials.

$5,000 in 1860 → $155,404.22 in 2020

Give you an idea of how much of a difference there is. I would guess it would be around $135,000 and if you only focus on what you need, I'd say that lasts a while as well.

5 hours ago, shiverz said:

$5,000 in 1860 → $155,404.22 in 2020

Give you an idea of how much of a difference there is. I would guess it would be around $135,000 and if you only focus on what you need, I'd say that lasts a while as well.

And on top of that, RDR2 makes things quite a bit more expensive than they were in reality for gameplay purposes. A Cattleman cost, I think, $135 at a gunsmith with neutral honor, but IRL an SAA cost around $20 at the time.

The money doesn't really matter.  By a certain point, you have more money than there is stuff to spend it on and it simply stops being an issue.  There's no real need to use the Aberdeen exploit unless you especially want to get deep in the story.

14 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

The money doesn't really matter.  By a certain point, you have more money than there is stuff to spend it on and it simply stops being an issue.  There's no real need to use the Aberdeen exploit unless you especially want to get deep in the story.

John starts the epilogue flat broke, though.

• 1 month later...