3/10/20 Rank Rewards / Benefits and Ammo Sale

RANK REWARDS AND BENEFITS FOR RED DEAD ONLINE PLAYERS

STARTING THIS WEEK IN RED DEAD ONLINE

We're rewarding the freshest-faced and veteran players alike, doling out various rewards to vigilantes and outlaws of all stripes -- all of which are active until April 6th. See below for the complete list of benefits and awards:

REACH RANK 10

Get a Reward for a free Hunting Bow and an Offer for 5 Gold Bars off the Bounty Hunter License

REACH RANK 20

Get an Offer for 50% off a Shotgun of your choice and an Offer for 50% off a Revolver of your choice

REACH RANK 30

Get a Reward for a free Machete and an Offer for 50% off a Repeater of your choice

REACH RANK 40

Get an Offer for 40% off a Stable Stall and an Offer for 40% off a Horse of your choice

REACH RANK 50

Get a Reward good for 1 free Character Appearance Change plus an Offer for 50% off any Coat below Rank 15 and an Offer for 40% off a Tent for your camp site

REACH RANK 60

All players beyond Rank 60 get a Reward for a free Navy Revolver, an Offer for 40% off a Camp Dog of your choice, an Offer for 50% off a Stable Stall and 5 free Moonshine Mash Refills

Gunslingers should also take advantage of a sweeping 40% discount on all Revolver, Repeater and Rifle Ammo -- stock up and you won't get caught lacking in firepower.

• Thanks 4
  • Kean_1 changed the title to 3/10/20 Rank Rewards / Benefits and Ammo Sale
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

This is amazing.   Good Job R*.

Can't wait to reach rank 10...

They don't care about high lvl players from Beta, that's for sure now😡

• Like 5

They dont even do it in GTA5o. Alteast there you could make 2 or 3 charas on one account.....

other then that, i havent even used up all the free ammo i got from the battlepass pluss x-mas gifts yet..........

As always thanks @Kean_1 

this has to be the biggest slap in the face yet - to state they are doing something for high level players and still it’s all things we already have.... I’ve been one to give the benefit of the doubt, kept playing with all of the massive bug issues, no animals, etc .... this just could be the final straw for me, I’ve never felt so insulted. 

they really don’t give a drop of turtle piss about those of us who have been here since day 1 of the beta. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

As always thanks @Kean_1 

this has to be the biggest slap in the face yet - to state they are doing something for high level players and still it’s all things we already have.... I’ve been one to give the benefit of the doubt, kept playing with all of the massive bug issues, no animals, etc .... this just could be the final straw for me, I’ve never felt so insulted. 

they really don’t give a drop of turtle piss about those of us who have been here since day 1 of the beta. 

A certain Russian YouTuber (not promoting) made a video on why they don't care, and I get it. I'm day 1 as well. It is frustrating but don't loose focus on the game. If they could just actually fix the animals, for me stranger missions... I haven't been able to play them in awhile, they all say no jobs currently....just fix basic gameplay. I'm sure you have enough money and gold that you could get anything. The benefits are great for new players. New content is coming

I'm no saint I still complain... we just gotta alter our view slightly 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, llp said:

A certain Russian YouTuber (not promoting) made a video on why they don't care, and I get it. I'm day 1 as well. It is frustrating but don't loose focus on the game. If they could just actually fix the animals, for me stranger missions... I haven't been able to play them in awhile, they all say no jobs currently....just fix basic gameplay. I'm sure you have enough money and gold that you could get anything. The benefits are great for new players. New content is coming

I'm no saint I still complain... we just gotta alter our view slightly 

Thanks bro.... I was venting for sure; I’ve defended this game so much for so long that when I saw the way they worded the announcement today it got under my skin.  Thanks again for your encouraging words. 

also - I’ve yet to get most of the dynamic encounters ever, including - poison poppy, rival collector, grave robber, animals attacking eggs..... 

• Like 2

Veteran players lvl 60.............max.    

Ammo discount? I have enough money and gold bars to buy all weapon stores in the world fully stocked, all saloons , grocery stores and all clothes in game ten times over......

@Mr. Bohannon i havent been blessed with those events as well and yeah i played a LOT. 

Seriously R*?         BS !!!!!!

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Veteran players lvl 60.............max.    

Ammo discount? I have enough money and gold bars to buy all weapon stores in the world fully stocked, all saloons , grocery stores and all clothes in game ten times over......

@Mr. Bohannon i havent been blessed with those events as well and yeah i played a LOT. 

Seriously R*?         BS !!!!!!

Bro - using the term veteran for a lvl 60 is what irked me the most ... 

• Like 2

Personally speaking, all of the rewards seem to be retroactive so there's still stuff there for me to take advantage of.   Unfortunately, it seems I maxed out my ammo the last time I played so unless I blow through a bunch of it, I won't be able to really take advantage of that sale.  :(

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

As always thanks @Kean_1 

this has to be the biggest slap in the face yet - to state they are doing something for high level players and still it’s all things we already have...

They have been turning their backs on their actual player base for 'new players' for a while now.  Even more so the last 3 months.  

Funny enough, at this point.  Players who started playing 3 months ago are probable are probably starting to feel like us.   "What?  rank 10?"  Rank 10 takes a few hours of play time.  You're basically rank 5-6 by the time you finish the RD O start/tutorial.

• Like 1

IMO I just don't get R* launch and handling of this game …

Things I pretty much have opinion or facts on….

Shows only 2.5% of players reach level 50 in trophy section of PS4

GTO still outsells this game.   

Every quarterly report lists RDO as 4th behind GTO, WWE and NBA 2k in microtransactions (although they no longer break out exact numbers)

I see 16 to 32 players on my lobby list yet you can easily ride about half the map in an hour or so and rarely run into other players anymore.  Maybe a few Solo's and a posse or 2, generally infighting or shooting up a town, but towns are generally barren.

Updates seem to be down to generally 3 times a year but it's like they throw crappy code on top of crappy code and never stop to fix it.

Questions I would ask R*...

What is there to buy, newbie or not….they have a right to make money but other than that $5 intial purchase I don't see any revenue stream going forward….  Even if I restarted today I could easily play this game and never spend a real world $.   

Are they trying to attract new players because I really don't think it's working.

I've seen articles that they're thinking of expanding current roles, introduce new roles and whole bunch of other speculation but to me...

Just seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot with the core player and losing players quicker than adding them.

Make me happy…

Bring back the damn animals but animals aside...

Add something... you got Mexico from RDR1,  a prison island that you can't get to, boats out in the rivers.   More legendary bounties or stuff like the moonshine missions.

Got to do something as it's like you log in and nothing ever changes.   Like Pavlov and his drooling dog I'm starting to become conditioned to nothing will ever get better.

I don't know just my venting opinion but the game has so much potential being squandered away.  Map seems to be getting small and dailies aren't a challenge but a chore.

• Like 2

allright, so Red is limited by the fact that it is a realism game whit fokus on how the old west was.

that means they cant arcadify the game, eventough they try hard to do so. gta5o is pure fantasy bullsh*t acrade and they can do whatever they want with it, that is why it is massivly popular, it is the BEST sandbox game on the current console generation.

red in comparisonis just a test bed.

if they want to test a new idea, add it to red. if succesfull add it to gta6o, if not well it is red, no big loss.

as for their cash income, yea that prolly dried up the day they added role activitys into daily tasks, cuz just by beeing lazy you earn 1-2 goldbars per day after day 28

simple fact is, this game can never please any group of players, so do not play it like you would play gta5o, you will burn yourself.

17 hours ago, Dissention said:

Make me happy…

Bring back the damn animals but animals aside...

Add something... you got Mexico from RDR1,  a prison island that you can't get to, boats out in the rivers.   More legendary bounties or stuff like the moonshine missions.

Yes, this!!  I wasn't even in the Beta, and haven't played RDR recently (log in, see if moonshiner and camp are working, log out if they aren't - the last ten or more times I have logged in, I have lasted under two minutes owing to this small test), but I am level 153, with all the roles maxed and I own literally every weapon in the game, have four figures in dollars, forget how much gold but enough for the next few professions, have every moonshine shack, profession and camp upgrade possible (including stuff I don't use), and six top horses.  So all I reallty want is two things:  stability for the content we currently have, and the addition of some more content (even just opening up Mexico and the prison island would keep me happy for months).  I'm about the least fussy person out there, but these releases are... literally irrelevant to me.  One time in Valentine I even tried to buy one of every colour of every item of clothing, just to see how much I'd get before I ran out of cash.  IIRC I got all the outfits, all the vests, all the trousers and all of the coats.  So a vouchers does nothing for me.  And I'm not that high level and didn't do Beta.  Can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you old timers who have double my rank or more!  Thank you for posting though, @Kean_1  I wait for the day when you can post that they have opened up Mexico!