Jump to content

Will we see Jack?


SNAK3S
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jack Marston was born in 1895, making him 4 years old when this game starts. Given his age, this is likely why we have not seen Abagail in the trailer. She may only play a smaller role in the story but it may be a turning point in the game so they don't want to spoil it. 

Do you think we will see Jack at all or will they just reference him? Maybe he will be in a minor cutscene or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I hope not.  He annoyed me in the 1st game.

I'm glad I wasn't the first one to say this.

Jack annoyed me like Carl in The Walking Dead annoyed me -- trying to be a tough guy in an effort to live up to their fathers' images.

But -- sorry. As sucky as it is, it just doesn't happen. They just come off as wanna-be's who seem to be trying to convince the world they're "just as badass as Dad."

Uh-huh. Okay, Junior. You're just as cool. Go get a haircut.  ????

EDIT: and if we do see Jack -- since it's 1899, he would likely be an tiny kid. And that's fine. Little kids don't annoy me. I just don't wanna see big-bad "Oooh, it's 1923 and Warner Bros. film studio just opened, but I'm still dressing like an Old West cowboy" Jack.

Edited by Cokeyskunk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Jack & Carl, both hit my annoyance meter off the charts.

Worst about Jack, you *had* to finish the game with him. No option to go back to playing as John (as he was suffering from a mild case of death).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Worst about Jack, you *had* to finish the game with him. No option to go back to playing as John (as he was suffering from a mild case of death).

There was a cheat where you could play as John again if I remember. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

EDIT: and if we do see Jack -- since it's 1899, he would likely be an tiny kid. And that's fine. Little kids don't annoy me. I just don't wanna see big-bad "Oooh, it's 1923 and Warner Bros. film studio just opened, but I'm still dressing like an Old West cowboy" Jack.

Yeah, with Jack being around four I don't think he'll be as insufferable as he was in Red Dead Redemption. Give him a break though, although we don't see much of Jack's future develop I would hope he's not still trying to be an Old West cowboy in 1923.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't mind Jack so much nearing the end of the game but it always felt... I don't know... Mediocre playing as him. I don't need to see him as a child in the game. I mean if they do show him, it will likely be a very minimal appearance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Archbell said:

Yeah, with Jack being around four I don't think he'll be as insufferable as he was in Red Dead Redemption. Give him a break though, although we don't see much of Jack's future develop I would hope he's not still trying to be an Old West cowboy in 1923.

Think about it this way: Jack Marston is roughly the same age as Moe Howard. Granted, Moe was born in New York, but you didn't see HIM running around dressed like a gunslinger in his twenties.

tumblr_p9z0gwXJMR1wzvt9qo3_500.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Think about it this way: Jack Marston is roughly the same age as Moe Howard. Granted, Moe was born in New York, but you didn't see HIM running around dressed like a gunslinger in his twenties.

tumblr_p9z0gwXJMR1wzvt9qo3_500.gif

I can't stop watching the little mouth he blows through on that gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Benjo said:

I can't stop watching the little mouth he blows through on that gif

That's hilarious. Didn't notice it, and now that's all I can see!

Upon further research, it appears that Jack Marston was actually born in the very same year as Shemp Howard. 

Kinda makes his cowboy wardrobe all the more goofy, doesn't it?

tumblr_o6w77buTvP1u7q9xmo1_400.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hazed0NE said:

Carl is like that one character in a story that just brings the worst out in everyone else... So the comparison to Jack here is appropriate.

I'd care about that show if it wasn't the same show for the past five seasons.  I'd go into specifics, but I wouldn't want to spoil anything for people who are into it still.  Every Sunday when it's new, my wife watches with more zeal and fervor than when Gray's is on (which is saying something), and I just can't bring myself to watch TWD anymore.  It's so predictable it makes pro wrestling seem unpredictable.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Think about it this way: Jack Marston is roughly the same age as Moe Howard. Granted, Moe was born in New York, but you didn't see HIM running around dressed like a gunslinger in his twenties.

tumblr_p9z0gwXJMR1wzvt9qo3_500.gif

Yeah but we only see Jack up until 1914 when he is around 18 - 19 years old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'd care about that show if it wasn't the same show for the past five seasons.  I'd go into specifics, but I wouldn't want to spoil anything for people who are into it still.  Every Sunday when it's new, my wife watches with more zeal and fervor than when Gray's is on (which is saying something), and I just can't bring myself to watch TWD anymore.  It's so predictable it makes pro wrestling seem unpredictable.

I got to the point of not watching it when every season was a roller coaster ride of hey look it's "Awesome" Rick Grimes the great leader.  Bad guy shows up and hey look it's "Pathetic" Rick Grimes, whose kissing the bad guy's rear.  Some point he becomes "Awesome", then "Pathetic" over and over and over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I got to the point of not watching it when every season was a roller coaster ride of hey look it's "Awesome" Rick Grimes the great leader.  Bad guy shows up and hey look it's "Pathetic" Rick Grimes, whose kissing the bad guy's rear.  Some point he becomes "Awesome", then "Pathetic" over and over and over.

The good news is, they're breaking the cycle.  Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show after this season.  I guess it'll be someone else's turn to be needlessly irritating.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

The good news is, they're breaking the cycle.  Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show after this season.  I guess it'll be someone else's turn to be needlessly irritating.  

Rumor a couple of years ago, was Carl was suppose to step up and take lead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I believe you did:

 

DkK1dtFXoAAK0s8.jpg

Well... That has to be him. So I guess we will see him. Since they are a family unit within the camp, I can see some pretty big things blowing up and betrayals. 

I CAN'T WAIT!!! So much drama I can feel it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...